UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is probably not Macin but a body was found on a remote hiking trail just North of St. George:
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah, Aug. 20, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — Hikers in Washington County found a body, believed to be that of a male, in a remote area Saturday morning, officials said Sunday.

Officials described the body as being in an advanced state of decomposition, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

The hikers found the body at about 11:30 a.m. near the Washington Hollow Trail area, which is in the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve, just north of Washington City. Washington City is just north of St. George.
Search and rescue crews recovered the body but found no evidence of the person’s identity, the statement said.
http://gephardtdaily.com/local/washington-county-body/

[h=1]EXCLUSIVE: On 2-year anniversary, Macin’s mom says she doesn’t believe body found near St. George is son’s[/h]
Gephardt Daily has communicated extensively with Macin’s family, particularly his mom, since the week he went missing, and one of the more difficult questions we have had to ask is when a body is found in the St. George area, if it could be him.
Back on Aug. 19, we reported on a body found by hikers in a remote area of Washington County, believed to be that of a male.

Washington County Sheriff’s officials described the body as being in an advanced state of decomposition. The hikers found the body near the Washington Hollow Trail area, which is in the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve, just north of Washington City, which in turn is just north of St. George.
Search and rescue crews recovered the body, but found no evidence of the person’s identity. The body has been sent to the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner in Salt Lake City for further investigation and identification.
But Bratt-Smith says she’s convinced it is not Macin. She spoke about it exclusively to Gephardt Daily.
“I have been highly aware of the bodies found recently in the St. George area,” she said. “I haven’t had 100 percent confirmation that the male is not Macin, but going from what he was wearing alone, I don’t feel it could be Macin.”
http://gephardtdaily.com/local/macin-two-years/

Can't believe it's been two years. Where are you, Macin?

Macin Smith: Missing person 2 years later
The then-teen who captured the hearts of thousands is still missing with no hot leads leading his family to his whereabouts.
Emily Havens, ehavens@thespectrum.com

Snipped:

Since 2015, the world has experienced war, several natural disasters, a new U.S. president, and countless other events that affect Southern Utahns' day-to-day lives.

But one headline still hasn't left the minds or hearts of many: Macin Smith hasn't come home.

Macin left his St. George home on the morning of Sept. 1, 2015, with intentions no one — not even his family members — is quite sure of.

The then-17-year-old left his wallet, keys, electronic devices, and everything other than the clothes on his back in his bedroom that morning, leaving detectives with little to no clues of his whereabouts two years later.

“My mother heart tells me if he could have reached out, he would have.”
Tracey Bratt-Smith, Macin's mother

"It's so hard to predict what happened," said Macin's mother, Tracey Bratt-Smith. "The fact that we haven't found a trace of him causes me to believe he's out there somewhere."

SEyy0j0.jpg

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2017/08/30/macin-smith-missing/607131001/

http://gephardtdaily.com/made-by-ge...-mom-reveals-new-search-plan-for-missing-son/

As missing St. George teenager Macin Smith’s family passes the two-year mark of his disappearance, his mom is speaking about a new search has been planned in his hometown and how she hopes it will bring a resolution, whatever that may be.

Daisy at Gephardt Daily is doing a great job keeping Macin in the lime light with them.

Seeing Tracey like that is so heartbreaking. The pain is so raw.

ST. GEORGE, Utah, Oct. 15, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — It’s likely to be a complete coincidence that an extra-large plain white T-shirt was found by volunteers searching for missing teen Macin Smith at the edge of the Virgin River in St. George Saturday.
But for Macin’s mom Tracey Bratt-Smith, it was another twist in a roller coaster day.

Because Macin — who walked away from home at age 17 in the early morning hours of Sept. 1, 2015, when his parents thought he was on his way to school — is 6 foot 4 inches tall, 200 pounds, and wears an extra large.

And, as Bratt-Smith told Gephardt Daily exclusively, Macin did like to wear solid colors and plain white T-shirts.“He had many T-shirts and they were all solid colors,” Bratt-Smith said. “He liked the basic white Ts and that’s what this one was. I don’t want to overlook anything.”
She added that although the T-shirt was laden with mud and torn in multiple places, she hopes that it may provide useful information for police.

http://gephardtdaily.com/breaking-h...by-macin-smith-search-as-xl-t-shirt-is-found/

Bumping for Macin.

I do not want to come across as sounding disrespectful of anyone, or of anyone’s religion here.

I do feel that Macin was struggling very hard with the pressure he was under. Mormon teachings do not accept someone being gay.
Its possible the escape he had with playing his games was helping him cope, a way of not thinking about all the pressures he was facing.

Was he being expected to serve a mission after graduation?
The mentioning of reaching Eagle Scout is spot on. There is a very narrow path expected for a devout Mormon family.

For the young man, you earn Eagle Scout, you serve your mission and return with honor, you then marry and begin your family.

Of course other religions and other parental expectations can also seem too much to survive for some children, I’m not wanting to sound like I’m saying it’s Mormonism that caused him to be done, just that he obviously was struggling and not finding a way to cope, other than to walk away that day.

What happened with thinking another boy left also? Has that been disproved or still a possibility?

While its true he may have left and may have planned to end everything, I hope he is somewhere living his life and finding out who he is.

The fact he has not been found seems a good thing, that makes it more likely he had help to disappear.

Friends can and do keep secrets for a very very long time. Some may be keeping quiet also because he was a minor when he disappeared.

Any updates on the male body found in Washington County and the white tee shirt found near the Virgin River

Any updates on the male body found in Washington County and the white tee shirt found near the Virgin River

Nothing to report as of yet. I was at this search, happy to say not much was found.

Nothing to report as of yet. I was at this search, happy to say not much was found.

Thank you for searching. I watched the search unfold with all the posts from Macin's Army but I couldn't attend. Some of the best people in this Army.

Gutted this has gone into 2018.. it's the most helpless and frustrating feeling not being able to help this wonderful family find their boy.. )=

Elizabeth Smart now runs a foundation dedicated to helping kidnap victims and their recovery. Missing young people from Utah she has championed include Macin Smith, missing for more than two years from St. George, and Elizabeth Salgado, who disappeared in Provo in April of 2015.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/elizabeth-smart-calif/

When I saw a new post here my stomach was in knots... where are you, Macin?

TY for posting JerseyGirl.

Elizabeth Smart now runs a foundation dedicated to helping kidnap victims and their recovery. Missing young people from Utah she has championed include Macin Smith, missing for more than two years from St. George, and Elizabeth Salgado, who disappeared in Provo in April of 2015.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/elizabeth-smart-calif/

Thanks for this JerseyGirl.

Elizabeth Smart :heartbeat: She's amazing.

I cannot even read both Macin Smith's & Elizabeth Selgado's names without getting upset. Isn't it strange how certain cases get you like that?

If the eye witness sighting was accurate ( and she was pretty adamant ) where was he for 7-8 hours after shutting the garage door and the sighting walking away from home ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is still one of the most relevant and important questions to date. Also so frustrating because we may never know. I'm working on a write-up about this now. But where was Macin from 7:40-3Pm ? The sighting was a block and a half away from home, on 2880 E, walking away from his home. Very credible sighting and very populated subdivision! Where are you buddy?

Just watched the Disappeared episode about Macin. Really hits home because he reminds me of my own son in every way. I hope this beautiful family gets answers soon. I can't imagine :(.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back