Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is open again with the following reminders:

If you submit a tip, do NOT post about it on a public website. Seriously.

Do not sleuth family and do not link to social media accounts unless you are 110% sure it belongs to the accused.

Sorry, but the link to Gist***ia is only a link to an “about page”. Please don’t post links that don’t take members anywhere.

I think she did know him. After all, didn't one of her friends try to warn her against him? So, there was enough history she spoke with someone else of him.
ETA.
And if he was warning her about him perhaps there had been some prior type of abuse or questionable abuse or something that made her uncomfortable that she went to a friend about him, who then warned her it was not a good relationship. jmo

The only friend warning I can recall came from male, "shaken friend" on the day of AA's arrest.

It was reported (I think by Fox13) that a very upset male, parked at the SLCPD lot, was trying to confirm with reporter whether or not AA had arrived at police station yet.

Report went on to reveal that friend alleged he met ML online, did not want to be identified because of how they met, and how he knew about AA through ML, and had warned her about bad vibe he was getting.

Shaken friend also alleged that he had been in contact with investigators "since the beginning."

So many of these reports were video news clips that have since been taken down by the news network but I believe a member transcribed this report for media thread -- I look for the link.

MOO

ETA: Add KSL.com link.

Begin at 1:42:50 (one hour forty two mins and 50 seconds)

Updates on arrest connected to Mackenzie Lueck case

Last edited:
Someone has been helping him through the quagmire of his life while he has been in the United States. INS takes seriously folks who are in our country illegally...In the 1990s...I worked for INS in Honolulu and we were constantly hunting down people...and throwing them out.
I don't remember a statement about it being a meeting place for her, but maybe just haven't seen it. But I think she knew where she was going.

Also, if it was just an address she entered without knowing it was a park, she probably would've expressed some trepidation or at least surprise to the Lyft driver and she did not.

But then what was her strategy for getting home?
Something happened the minute she got into his car that rendered her helpless. He needed her phone shut off for a reason and that reason was so she couldn't be tracked.....the same reason he didn't want the lyft driver to drop her off at his house. That's what makes me feel certain this whole thing was premeditated. jmo
Perhaps she tried breaking it off with him before she met up with him or that night in the car and he convinced her to sit in the car and talk about it. She was not planning to be with him sexually and he exploded cuz it didn't go his way. jmo

Yeah. I think she knew, had some sort of relationship with and trusted AA so much that she was somehow willing to meet him at a park and feel comfortable getting into his car.

The only friend warning I can recall came from male, "shaken friend" on the day of AA's arrest.

It was reported (I think by Fox13) that a very upset male, parked at the SLCPD lot, was trying to confirm with reporter whether or not AA had arrived at police station yet.

Report went on to reveal that friend alleged he met ML online, did not want to be identified because of how they met, and how he knew about AA through ML, and had warned her about bad vibe he was getting.

Shaken friend also alleged that he had been in contact with investigators "since the beginning."

So many of these reports were video news clips that have since been taken down by the news network but I believe a member transcribed this report for media thread -- I look for the link.

MOO

Here's the link to that interview, @Seattle1.

The reporter (Ashley Kewish) talks about that friend's comments at around the 1:42:30 mark:

Updates on arrest connected to Mackenzie Lueck case

Last edited:
Not really, except that he may have been involved with something shady on the internet.
Although many were already sleuthing him and suspecting that as soon as we found out his name, before he was arrested.
We just don't know any specifics.
If anyone has found out more, I don't know why it can't be discussed. Imo
I’ve been digging into the internet trying to figure out how he made the money to buy and fix up that house. I’ve come across some things that look like he could have been running advance-fee scams, things like fake loans and mortgages that ask for money up front and tech support service contracts that don’t exist.

The teclipse.com website that was registered to AA Teclipse.com whois history records looks like it was a fake bank or loan scam website. Has anyone researched this any further?

AA has quite a bit more documents uploaded at coursehero than has been previously mentioned.

Which is sort of strange, to me, in and of itself. It's a kind of plagiarism site (and college professors have to present bona fides to get access to it).

Since one of its main goals is to allow students to "upload their papers" for particular classes at specific universities, it explains why students like AA end up purveying their substandard efforts to others. I always think plagiarism is going to be of good stuff, but students know to copy the work of another student. He must have thought his work was suitable for someone else to borrow (to get a good grade).

SMH.

I wouldn't consider those statements "instructions," just suggestions. Also, we don't know who she was communicating with.
Yes, advice, is how I interpreted it. I also got the feeling it's not something she was involved with until recently. Imo

Hey! I just got back from camping. I tried to stay up on the last two threads, but wifi was spotty, and I was pretty busy.

Trying to catch up now and it doesn't seem like I missed all that much.

I saw that AA's mother spoke. I didn't read the interview yet but saw it mentioned in the threads, and it got me wondering if AA had been back to Nigeria to visit? I thought I remembered reading his mother didn't go to his wedding because she didn't speak English, but I can't remember if she lived here or was not flying here for the wedding? Have we any information on that or whether he went home for a visit?

I also saw they are postponing the arraignment for some time. When the police chief said that the case was a digital forensic case back at one of the much earlier PC, it makes me think they have uncovered so much digital incriminating evidence. I mean, look at everything we have uncovered, and we don't have access to his computer and phone, etc. I can only imagine what they are discovering to give to the DA to use. I think AA left a trail of breadcrumbs miles long.

Anything else new that is exciting I might have missed?

Happy Holidays to the Americans!

I’ve been digging into the internet trying to figure out how he made the money to buy and fix up that house. I’ve come across some things that look like he could have been running advance-fee scams, things like fake loans and mortgages that ask for money up front and tech support service contracts that don’t exist.

The teclipse.com website that was registered to AA Teclipse.com whois history records looks like it was a fake bank or loan scam website. Has anyone researched this any further?
I don't know how people do it but I wouldn't be surprised if he did something like that.

One of my friend's sisters thought she found the perfect apartment in NY on line. She paid a couple thousand dollars for a down payment and never saw the money again. There was no way to find out who or where the money went to.

I wouldn't consider those statements "instructions," just suggestions. Also, we don't know who she was communicating with.

I think she was communicating with anyone looking at her post. My original post was in response to a suggestion that she was new and inexperienced with this stuff. I don't agree with that conclusion and was just trying to keep it somewhat real. It is a tragedy the outcome to this young womans' life. She is a victim. But her own words don't portray that she was either new or without some experience.

"Mine says 'I want a SD/SB relationship with a real connection.' If don't know what a SD/SB is, tell them bluntly sugar daddy and sugar baby. But if they don't know, they aren't really worth your time," the post states. "Private message me, if you have more questions! I have experience."

That was followed by another message that stated: "I have some experience on seeking arrangements, online only, Tinder, and currently have two lol."

Police searching for Mackenzie Lueck converge on Salt Lake home

I think y’all are looking at the money too hard. It’s pretty clear where any extra income came from.
The cameras are not in the house for a hobby. That does mean there is some website out there waiting to be found.
Tons of legal streaming websites exist. It’s all above board and very profitable. Any other online income would have been dark web based...and without a jumping off point no one will track that down.

Also, IMO the meetup at 3am is very obvious to anyone who has ever bought drugs. Dealers will meet you at a designated spot, short you on product intentionally, or show up empty and make you go back to their house to get it. Pretty common.

I have zero evidence of this happening in this case but it’s The most reasonable answer to the meetup question, why other kids venmoed him money, and more unaccounted income.

I think she was communicating with anyone looking at her post. My original post was in response to a suggestion that she was new and inexperienced with this stuff. I don't agree with that conclusion and was just trying to keep it somewhat real. It is a tragedy the outcome to this young womans' life. She is a victim. But her own words don't portray that she was either new or without some experience.

"Mine says 'I want a SD/SB relationship with a real connection.' If don't know what a SD/SB is, tell them bluntly sugar daddy and sugar baby. But if they don't know, they aren't really worth your time," the post states. "Private message me, if you have more questions! I have experience."

That was followed by another message that stated: "I have some experience on seeking arrangements, online only, Tinder, and currently have two lol."

I keep wondering what the "online only" statement means. Does anyone know?

I think y’all are looking at the money too hard. It’s pretty clear where any extra income came from.
The cameras are not in the house for a hobby. That does mean there is some website out there waiting to be found.
Tons of legal streaming websites exist. It’s all above board and very profitable. Any other online income would have been dark web based...and without a jumping off point no one will track that down.

Also, IMO the meetup at 3am is very obvious to anyone who has ever bought drugs. Dealers will meet you at a designated spot, short you on product intentionally, or show up empty and make you go back to their house to get it. Pretty common.

I have zero evidence of this happening in this case but it’s The most reasonable answer to the meetup question, why other kids venmoed him money, and more unaccounted income.
BBM
Perhaps this. Except that other guy that had warned her about AA.
Plus, if she was just meeting him for drugs, what was her exit plan?

I keep wondering what the "online only" statement means. Does anyone know?
Yes. We discovered this a few threads ago.
It basically means that the relationship is carried out on-line, without the two ever having to meet.
It consists of making short clips, or videos for the other person.
I googled it and there was a lot of information about it, including people sharing their experiences and the reasons why they chose to do that. Some were from the same dating site ML was on. Imo

That ^^^ makes me wonder if AA was one of her paid accounts. And he pressured her to meet up with him because he had been paying her and she was out of town and missed appointments with him. Maybe she didn't want to lose his business because she really needed the cash, with all the traveling she was doing and missing work, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313