Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on an earlier thread posted a theory about her meeting up with him to go to breakfast. I have to say that one sounded the most reasonable to me. Especially since it appears she met up with him looking exhausted from her flight. Any college woman meeting up in the middle of the night with a man for sexual reasons would have gone to the restroom to clean up and possibly even change...especially since she has luggage. I’m curious to know if the Lyft driver saw her put on makeup or make attempts to “get ready” to meet up. If not, it seems like an extremely casual meeting. The whole “take her to breakfast” idea doesn’t seem far fetched at 3am for a college student. And if one friend hinted that they knew of this guy, then he wouldn’t be a complete stranger, thus giving her false confidence about him and he lured her into his trap. He never had the intention of doing anything good with her. The phone shuts off and the nightmare continues... It’s just my opinion but after reading through all of these threads, that stuck out at me.

Last edited:
They did call the police. They were the ones who found that he had wiped the computer and was looking for a wife. Apparently the marriage was never investigated. Imo
I don't know how it is in Utah, but in California the police CANNOT ask someone's immigration status when they arrest him. So for California, this would just be another thief with a tablet.

If anyone would have come anywhere close to implying that “African men go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde, white women.” And that white men are immune from committing atrocities, then yes, those comments would in fact be pretty gross and offensive. Especially considering the heavy, seriousness of the acts being depicted here within this thread and the lovely life lost.

Should any single person on this site have so grossly misunderstood any comments I have made to be of an absurd racial connotation, you are beyond mistaken. *fact*

Sincerely.... me, the furthest thing in the world from a white, blonde!! Geez ....sad I had to get on here to say this-
It was a different poster who made the comment about lusting after blond women.

Someone on an earlier threat posted a theory about her meeting up with him to go to breakfast. I have to say that one sounded the most reasonable to me. Especially since it appears she met up with him looking exhausted from her flight. Any college woman meeting up in the middle of the night with a man for sexual reasons would have gone to the restroom to clean up and possibly even change...especially since she has luggage. I’m curious to know if the Lyft driver saw her put on makeup or make attempts to “get ready” to meet up. If not, it seems like an extremely casual meeting. The whole “take her to breakfast” idea doesn’t seem far fetched at 3am for a college student. And if one friend hinted that they knew of this guy, then he wouldn’t be a complete stranger, thus giving her false confidence about him and he lured her into his trap. He never had the intention of doing anything good with her. The phone shuts off and the nightmare continues... It’s just my opinion but after reading through all of these threads, that stuck out at me.

Welcome @WrestlingMom

That was me pushing the breakfast scenario. It seems the most plausible idea that she didn't want to go right home. I know how my friends and I were at that age, and that was the norm for most everyone we knew to grab breakfast early morning like that.

I really believe that on Kenzie's part, meeting at the park had nothing to do with sexual intentions. I think AA groomed her as a friend. I just don't see ML going to meet someone in a park at 3 AM that she A.) didn't know and B.) She was that desperate for money that she would meet a potential SD at that hour. Red flags would have been up all over the place. It's more likely IMO that AA had failed so many times in the past trying to get girls that he changed his tactic. I could see them meeting on Tinder and him changing his approach. I think however the meeting came to be AA made it so that everything was explained, plausible and made ML feel extremely comfortable like it was no big deal. 23-year-old girls today are not nearly as naive as some have suggested. I am far from that age, but I engage and am around that age bracket a lot, and almost all of them are wary and take extra precautions, especially involving dating apps and the like. Kenzie seemed smart and knowledgeable as well as educated, and I just don't see her willy-nilly running out to meet some stranger or SD like that. I could see her dropping him if he insisted because again if he was an SD and pressed her to meet him, all the red flags would have been raised.

MOO

I don't know how it is in Utah, but in California the police CANNOT ask someone's immigration status when they arrest him. So for California, this would just be another thief with a tablet.
Yeah, I think he was investigated for theft.
They would not be the ones who would investigate him for the fraudulent marriage, anyway.
I'm still amazed he was able to get away with that.

I am not sure I get the thinking here. He did not take her and show her off as a status symbol, in fact he avoided most likely anyone even knowing they met up. Something to covet? If he wants to be seen with a white blonde as a status symbol, he would pick her up at the airport and be seen with her no? Parade her around on his arm? He did not even want her seen at his house apparently from the way it looks.

I get the covet the white blonde woman status thing. I do not get how in any way, shape or form it applies here or that this was a status thing because again, it is like he did NOT want to be seen with her.

Although I guess it could have been her that did not want to be seen with him...

Jmo.

Maybe in his head, and in his head only, he saw her as a "trophy". "Beautiful young woman wants to be with me", he thought... and then he realized ML was "not that into him".
As you said, maybe she was the one who didn't want to be seen with him and picked up the park location to meet him. We now know that the park was unfamiliar to ML's friends... the chances of them being seen together by her friends were very low.
I think ML confronted AA once she saw him face to face. And, i know from self-experience, that confronting a psychopath can be a very dangerous thing to do, especially if there's no one around.
JMO

I think you can still get divorced without the other person signing.
You may still have to go to court, but a judge can still sign for a divorce without the signature of both parties. Imo

I’d be curious to hear other people’s thoughts on timing for the marriage but this is what I am currently thinking over here:

• June 2011 - AA meets TA and they are quickly married
  • Later in 2011 - AA decides he wants to move back to Utah
  • Late 2011 / Early 2012 - TA gives birth to her son
  • 2012 - Party at friend’s house where he attacks her and TA flees
  • Sometime thereafter (time unknown) - TA seeks the divorce but he won’t grant it because he knows he will lose his right to stay.
  • July 2012 - AA is arrested searching for a new wife on a stolen iPad so he won’t be deported. iPad is confiscated and searches are logged as part of the arrest record.
  • Following his arrest - Somehow they reach a point where they are estranged but not divorced despite the abuse and harassment.
  • 2019 - Now that TA has been married long enough to stay on his own, he petitions for divorce claiming that he can not locate his estranged wife, therefore, she doesn’t know they are actually divorced.
Let me know your thoughts or if I might be missing something. I know we all think something is off with that marriage. That’s the only approximate course of events which makes sense to me given what we know but I might be missing something.

Edited to add - July 2012 events

Last edited:
Welcome @WrestlingMom

That was me pushing the breakfast scenario. It seems the most plausible idea that she didn't want to go right home. I know how my friends and I were at that age, and that was the norm for most everyone we knew to grab breakfast early morning like that.

I really believe that on Kenzie's part, meeting at the park had nothing to do with sexual intentions. I think AA groomed her as a friend. I just don't see ML going to meet someone in a park at 3 AM that she A.) didn't know and B.) She was that desperate for money that she would meet a potential SD at that hour. Red flags would have been up all over the place. It's more likely IMO that AA had failed so many times in the past trying to get girls that he changed his tactic. I could see them meeting on Tinder and him changing his approach. I think however the meeting came to be AA made it so that everything was explained, plausible and made ML feel extremely comfortable like it was no big deal. 23-year-old girls today are not nearly as naive as some have suggested. I am far from that age, but I engage and am around that age bracket a lot, and almost all of them are wary and take extra precautions, especially involving dating apps and the like. Kenzie seemed smart and knowledgeable as well as educated, and I just don't see her willy-nilly running out to meet some stranger or SD like that. I could see her dropping him if he insisted because again if he was an SD and pressed her to meet him, all the red flags would have been raised.

MOO

Hello PixieStix! Thank you for the welcome :)

I have to say I agree with your line of thinking. He has the perfect excuse to meet her at the park since he runs an AirBnB and wouldn’t want to disturb the tenants that late. It makes much more sense to me than the other theories I’ve heard.

Have a great Tuesday:)

WrestlingMom

I have only seen youtube videos (usually pranks) using tasers. Does anyone have any knowledge about them and if they are powerful enough that AA might have subdued ML with one?

Off the top of my head I can recall the Jaycee Dugard case where a taser was used to subdue. I do believe that would be a very plausible scenario here, too.

I also think it is possible he didn't initially pick up ML with the intention of killing her...she could have gone to his housing willingly but when confronted with the live webcamming and the suspect's offer to pimp her, she wanted no part of it.

But doesn’t aggravated murder, by definition, mean that there was premeditation involved?

I think it was most definitely a sexually motivated crime.
He seemed to like all women based on the roomates description of blondes, brunettes, and Latina women coming over all the time.
It seems that women were just objects for him to control and dominate.
I bet he never experienced a normal relationship with a woman his entire life.
Only his mother has said he is a decent, hard working person who would never do this. I wonder if she even knew he was married. He probably didn't tell her about that. Imo

ITA. He kidnapped a beautiful young woman. Has tried to lure others. Has raped at least one that we know of. He is obsessive about sex. Tried to have a torture room built.

So what do I think most likely happened? Sexually motivated crime? Where he used fire to destroy evidence? Which is a common method of disposal. Or an unlikely ritually motivated fire?

At the end of the day, motivations behind murders are very simple. They usually are sex, money, revenge, and self preservation.

There is rarely any more to it. It is what it is, end of story. One that is told over and over. There is no other person, no conspiracies either. There usually is no other tantalizing details to add to what we learn at the beginning of a case.

I also think it is possible he didn't initially pick up ML with the intention of killing her...she could have gone to his housing willingly but when confronted with the live webcamming and the suspect's offer to pimp her, she wanted no part of it.

But doesn’t aggravated murder, by definition, mean that there was premeditation involved?

There are many conditions that can turn murder into aggravated murder. Body tampering, which applies here, is one.

I’d be curious to hear other people’s thoughts on timing for the marriage but this is what I am currently thinking over here:

• June 2011 - AA meets TA and they are quickly married
  • Later in 2011 - AA decides he wants to move back to Utah
  • Late 2011 / Early 2012 - TA gives birth to her son
  • 2012 - Party at friend’s house where he attacks her and TA flees
  • Sometime thereafter (time unknown) - TA seeks the divorce but he won’t grant it because he knows he will lose his right to stay. Somehow they reach a point where they are estranged but not divorced despite the abuse and harassment.
  • 2019 - Now that TA has been married long enough to stay on his own, he petitions for divorce claiming that he can not locate his estranged wife, therefore, she doesn’t know they are actually divorced.
Let me know your thoughts or if I might be missing something. I know we all think something is off with that marriage. That’s the only approximate course of events which makes sense to me given what we know but I might be missing something.
Yes, the marriage occurred after he had problems with the school over his immigration status.

As far as we can tell, he returned to Utah within less than a year. They would have had to provide proof that they intended to establish a life together, so it makes sense that he would stay in Texas for awhile.

I think he wanted her to move to Utah so they would not be investigated. Immigration is very strict on making sure there is documentation of intent to live together. They can follow up on that at any time, especially in the first two years of the marriage.

So that might explain why he was so angry about her refusal to move in with him. She would have been in just as much danger of being caught, but he would be the one deported.

After five years, it wouldn't have mattered anymore. Imo

In Utah the body being subjected to burning qualifies for aggravated murder. But there is also an aggravated kidnapping charge. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot