Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it mentioned the day before they served a warrant on his home that they were speaking to the last person who communicated with her (which ended up to be him)?

What I would surmise is he attempted to burn the body, buried it. And then when the cops got ML's phone records and contacted him, he panicked after speaking with him, dug her remains up, and then went to Logan Canyon.

6/25 - SLCPD speaks to AJ as he is the last known person to communicate with her
6/25 - AJ travels to Logan Canyon as indicated by today's presser
6/26 - SLCPD serves warrant on AJ's house and his car, discovers remains.

thoughts?

I think that's exactly what happened!

Wasn't it mentioned the day before they served a warrant on his home that they were speaking to the last person who communicated with her (which ended up to be him)?

What I would surmise is he attempted to burn the body, buried it. And then when the cops got ML's phone records and contacted him, he panicked after speaking with him, dug her remains up, and then went to Logan Canyon.

6/25 - SLCPD speaks to AJ as he is the last known person to communicate with her
6/25 - AJ travels to Logan Canyon as indicated by today's presser
6/26 - SLCPD serves warrant on AJ's house and his car, discovers remains.

thoughts?

It’s possible that police contact triggered this, but it’s also possible that he followed the media coverage, and realized that law enforcement was about to come knocking.

Either way, he knew he was screwed.

It is astonishing to me, how dumb murderers can be.
He took his powered on cell phone to the canyon? WOW.
I'm glad they are so dumb, but continuously stunned by it.
I would think he was going back to the scene to check she wasn't visible, because that was after they'd checked out his residence, but 2 hours seems a long time to be checking. Perhaps he had temporarily stored her body somewhere else and went back to bury her on the 25th.

Well, he never declared a major when he was in college so its questionable how many computer tech classes he actually took.
He was able to wipe an IPad but doesn't understand that cellphones track your movements?
Good thing he is such a dummy. Imo
As far as I know, wiping an iPad is pretty easy...

So it does sound like he tried burning her body first and then moved the charred remains to the canyon.
They found bone, scarred muscular tissue, and part of her scalp with some hair still attached in the fire pit.

I thought they said that his phone records show that he went to the canyon on June 25th at 2:30 and 4:30.
Did I hear that right?

So he did not take her body there until 8 days after he burned her? Imo
And during the day?? Just .. wow.

Quite a few of us were right about the "no deal" and the fact that his digital footprint led them to Logan Canyon. That's the way any modern prosecutor would go. For many reasons. The less one relies on the suspect for that kind of evidence, the better (for justice).

AA lawyered up obviously, but justice is not served by bargaining with the suspect over the location of the victim.

Given that virtually every theory imaginable was mentioned here, some of us were bound to be right about some things.

I am so thankful that the cause of death has been (more or less) determined. It is so clearly a homicide, no more theories of drug overdoses or tempers flaring. I believe everything up to her actual death was planned out/fantasized about prior.

He obviously didn't think through the aftermath, though. Had to go buy a gas can. Didn't know it wasn't going to work as expected.

Charges filed in Mackenzie Lueck case; suspect tracked to Logan Canyon where body found
[...]

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said the medical examiner determined that Lueck suffered blunt force trauma to the side of head, which led to her death, after her body was discovered in Logan Canyon. During a search of Ajayi's backyard June 26, police recovered several samples of human remains, including part of scalp, as well as remains of a cellphone and some clothing belonging to Lueck.

Salt Lake police say Lueck began texting Ajayi on the evening of June 16, before she flew into Salt Lake City after attending a family member’s funeral in California.

[...]

As they continued to collect data and piece together their case, detectives learned that Ajayi was seen by his neighbors burning items in his backyard at 547 N. 1000 West, using gasoline, on June 17 and June 18.

[...]

But after investigators put DNA evidence they had collected on the fast track to be tested, an arrest warrant was issued on June 28 for Ajayi for aggravated murder.

That morning, a SWAT team surrounded an apartment complex at 1028 S. West Temple and took Ajayi into custody at gunpoint.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member