Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of her remains were found in Logan Canyon because AA's phone pinged in that area on the 25th. I'm guessing LE used dogs to discover the exact location of her remains.

Exactly.

LE didn't tell us directly, but said it was a collaborative effort. They also said that AA's phone records showed that he was in Logan Canyon on June 25 between 2:30 and 4:30 p.m. From memory, so I hope that's right. I'll try to find a link. MOO

ETA Link: Formal murder, kidnapping charges filed in MacKenzie Lueck homicide
Cell phone records also placed Ajayi in Logan Canyon on June 25 between 2:30 and 4:30 p.m., prosecutors said. When police searched the area, they found Lueck's body in a shallow grave under a grove of trees.

Thanks SoCalGirl and PommyMommy for explaining how LE was able to locate her remains.

I am very impressed with the speed in which LE has handled this case. Finding her actual remains really helped because the Defense now cannot use the lack of a body in any excuses they may come up with.

I think the charge of "aggravated kidnapping" may have fueled interest or speculation on the details of their meeting. For example, could aggravated kidnapping mean she was tricked, forced, lured to get in the car? Or does the aggravated kidnapping charge apply to something else. I haven't seen any victim blaming posts here that you describe myself.
I've wondered if LE during the search of AA's home found pictures/video of ML restrained therefor the kidnapping charge?

TONIGHT 8:00 PM EASTERN, 6 PM MOUNTAIN TIME, WE WELCOME MACKENZIE LUECK'S CLOSE FRIENDS ASHLEY FINE AND KENNEDY STONER.

WE WILL TAKE YOUR LIVE CALLS AT 713-955-0606

IF YOU WANT TO POST QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW PLEASE DO SO ON THIS THREAD OR EMAIL ME AT triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Mackenzie Lueck was a go-getter. A smart young woman who was majoring in kinesiology at the University of Utah with a goal to go to nursing school until June 17rh when she went missing. Her remains were eventually found on June 25th in Logan Canyon.

She was last seen getting into the vehicle of someone we believe she had scheduled to meet in a local park. That man has been arrested for her murder.

Since that day she went missing Kenzie's friends, her sorority sister and her family worked non-stop to get the word out and find Kenzie.

On this episode of Websleuths Radio Podcast, we welcome two of Kenzie's best friends. Her sorority little sister Kennedy Stoner and Ashley Fine.

These two incredible young women were thrown into the viper's pit of media and gossip while trying to find their friend. Their lives have changed forever because of Kenzie and now they continue to work to help other missing people.

Join us tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern by clicking here!

I think we all have questions. It’s hard to ask them- not wanting to imply/offend/cause pain. And not wanting the answers to just lead to more speculation. The texts & online communications are key imo! Any glimpse into those?

Did/ does anyone else in the sorority have any kind of acquaintanceship or experience with AA? Did anyone in the sorority know she knew him?

Was Mackenzie a night owl? Was it typical for her to hang out with people in the wee hours?

Where did ML usually meet for a first date? After that?

How did ML appear to be coping with her grandmother’s passing before she flew back for the funeral?

Was ML very private about the men she dated, or was she open about introducing & including them in her existing social circle?

Edit, add, omit as you see fit!

TONIGHT 8:00 PM EASTERN, 6 PM MOUNTAIN TIME, WE WELCOME MACKENZIE LUECK'S CLOSE FRIENDS ASHLEY FINE AND KENNEDY STONER.

WE WILL TAKE YOUR LIVE CALLS AT 713-955-0606

IF YOU WANT TO POST QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW PLEASE DO SO ON THIS THREAD OR EMAIL ME AT triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Mackenzie Lueck was a go-getter. A smart young woman who was majoring in kinesiology at the University of Utah with a goal to go to nursing school until June 17rh when she went missing. Her remains were eventually found on June 25th in Logan Canyon.

She was last seen getting into the vehicle of someone we believe she had scheduled to meet in a local park. That man has been arrested for her murder.

Since that day she went missing Kenzie's friends, her sorority sister and her family worked non-stop to get the word out and find Kenzie.

On this episode of Websleuths Radio Podcast, we welcome two of Kenzie's best friends. Her sorority little sister Kennedy Stoner and Ashley Fine.

These two incredible young women were thrown into the viper's pit of media and gossip while trying to find their friend. Their lives have changed forever because of Kenzie and now they continue to work to help other missing people.

Join us tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern by clicking here!

A few questions:

Was ML friends with her roommates and know them well, or were they just roommates who didn't really keep track of each other's movements?

When was the first time you called/texted ML that week when she got back from CA? If it was Mon. or Tues., were you concerned when she didn't respond or was it common for you all not to get back to each other immediately? When did you start feeling real alarm and why? Did friends contact Mr. Lueck first or did Mr. Lueck contact the friends?

Did Hatch Park hold any significance for ML? Had she ever hung out in that area or date anyone from that area?

Would it be out of character for her to meet an online acquaintance for the first time face-to-face at 3:00 AM in a deserted park? Or would she usually stick to a public area during the daytime for a first-time meet-up.

Did someone adopt her cat?

They could be using other experts, ones outside of the medical examiner’s office.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they called in a forensic anthropologist.

Or a few different kinds of experts. The burned bones/remains will probably be best studied by a forensic anthropologist with burn experience. I'd think it would take really careful examination (and cleaning) to try and assess for every evidence of trauma. I doubt there will be much success there. I am guessing they've had time to sift through all the fire pit and recover more than originally found (if they use someone who is expert in fire remains recovery).

In this case, samples will need to be taken and perhaps even casts made (they would be really helpful at trial) so that defense has access to whatever evidence will be used (and they don't run out of evidence).

Or a few different kinds of experts. The burned bones/remains will probably be best studied by a forensic anthropologist with burn experience. I'd think it would take really careful examination (and cleaning) to try and assess for every evidence of trauma. I doubt there will be much success there. I am guessing they've had time to sift through all the fire pit and recover more than originally found (if they use someone who is expert in fire remains recovery).

In this case, samples will need to be taken and perhaps even casts made (they would be really helpful at trial) so that defense has access to whatever evidence will be used (and they don't run out of evidence).
Yeah. It’s one thing when you have a fresh body and a clear cause of death.

It’s another thing entirely to have this level of decomposition, a body that may have been buried on two occasions, and of course, the fact that she was burned.

You’ve got one shot, so you’d better do it right. I’m confident they are.

I'd like to know a bit about Kenzie herself.

What was her favorite food?

What is her middle name?

Who was her celebrity crush (if she had one)?

What was her favorite song/music artist?

I have questions about the case too but I would like to know more about her as well, we have heard a little but not a lot--often the victim gets lost in the interest of justice and the case.

I would ask one--how often did she travel home to California/Did she live in Utah year round or go home some summers? I ask only because I as well wonder if where she lived they were new roommates or friends she had known for her years there and whether she was used to handling the load of often traveling home and back to school and work.

I too would like to know her cat has a loving and permanent home.

I would also like to say I am so very sorry for the loss of such a young and bright soul.

We may never know all of the answers to all of these questions. Are they really important here and now? No.
BUT, what we do need to know is all of the other contacts, women, videos, any other evidence that can help convict this guy, and put him away forever. I'm for death here, but that's up to the jury. Point? Cage him like the animal that he appears to be. Or euthanize him. Like a rabid wild animal.
If I was her family? I would make sure that he never walked this earth again, however or in any way that I could make that happen. It's not that hard....Even inside prison. Inmates have their own justice system. Child molesters, perverts, real weirdos. I dunno, somehow they turn up dead.

JUN 21, 2019
Salt Lake City Police seek public's help finding missing University of Utah student | Gephardt Daily
Mackenzie Lueck, 23, last communicated with family members about 1 a.m. Monday after arriving at Salt Lake City International Airport on a flight from California. She reportedly sent a text saying she was taking a Lyft ride home and has not been heard from since.
Just to clarify she text her mom at 1 a.m. California (Pacific Time) while landing in SLC it was 2 a.m. (one hour ahead of California)

I suspect I’m too late but I would also like to know more about Kenzie as a person. Such as if she always knew what she wanted to be when she grew up and whether the kitty is in a new permanent home. She seems to have been such a vibrant spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem