Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense this person just didn't pick her up from the airport, maybe she thought it would be less of a hassle for this person if she simply just met them somewhere right off the highway, but still sort of close by. Airports are a little bit annoying to pick people up from. That indicates to me this person had to have been coming from the north, or live right around NSL. Said person picks her up and they leave and go somewhere. If she was using Lyft, her phone had to have been turned on, and I doubt as soon as she got in that person's car she immediately shut it off so hopefully her phone will tell where they went afterwards.

It's telling that the person meeting her hasn't come forward. This story has made national news. If he didn't harm her but is married or prominent, you'd think he would discreetly contact a lawyer and get the word back to LE that ML was alive and healthy when he last saw her and give information about when he last saw her. But, that obviously hasn't happened.

jmo
This exactly!! MOO

I wonder what specifically they are doing, as they stated, to ensure they get the make and model of the vehicle right? Perhaps the driver gave a description of characteristics and they are searching for a match via experts in this field.
Probably looking at surveillance video from the area to identify make and model and hopefully get a license plate.

El Segundo Woman Mackenzie Lueck Vanishes After Taking Lyft From Salt Lake City Airport
[...]

The Lyft driver who dropped Lueck off told detectives that she met another person with a car, Salt Lake City Assistant Police Chief Tim Doubt said at a news conference.

That was the last time she was seen. There was no word on whether she got into the car or a description of the person she was meeting.

[...]

She did not show up for any of her exams or classes last week and has not communicated with any friends or family since that text to her parents, KUTV reports.

Her family reported her missing three days after she disappeared, on Thursday, June 20. She had a return ticket back to Los Angeles International Airport scheduled for Sunday, KTUV reports. However, she never showed up for that flight. She’s been absent on social media.

[...]

I’m sure LE is wanting to get total confirmation on the mystery person’s vehicle before getting a BOLO for it. Can you imagine putting out information on said vehicle without being 100% positive and everybody in the city looking for that vehicle and it’s not even the right one! That would be a mess. MOO

"If" this relationship was with an older "married" man it's a dangerous game for both parties.

If this is just a piece on the side, which many affairs are, then any potential risk to the married party can end very badly for the unmarried part of the equation. The risk of a wife finding out, losing custody of children, losing a house, livelihood, etc. etc can put the married party in a really tense situation.

I'm really hoping that this is not the case, but I can't help but wonder why you would meet someone in the middle of the night and get in a car and drive away. The only scenario I can come up with is that whoever picked her up doesn't want anyone to know.

MOO

Why would that need to be kept a secret, though? That's what I don't understand.

Total speculation but maybe she did do a bit of primping in the airport and was wearing something really sexy and/or revealing. Maybe they aren't disclosing because they're worried it will distract from the issue at hand (finding her) and people will write her off as a hooker or something. Which unfortunately people would do?

(TOTAL SPECULATION! NOT STATING THIS AS FACT!)

Police: Missing U. student met someone after being dropped off in North Salt Lake
[...]

Doubt said investigators were trying to answer the following questions:

- Does Lueck have another phone investigators don’t know about?

- Who was the person she met in Hatch park?

- Does she have other social media accounts police aren’t aware of?

- Has anyone been in contact with her at all?

[...]

TIP LINE 801-799-4420

While I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense this person just didn't pick her up from the airport, maybe she thought it would be less of a hassle for this person if she simply just met them somewhere right off the highway, but still sort of close by. Airports are a little bit annoying to pick people up from. That indicates to me this person had to have been coming from the north, or live right around NSL. Said person picks her up and they leave and go somewhere. If she was using Lyft, her phone had to have been turned on, and I doubt as soon as she got in that person's car she immediately shut it off so hopefully her phone will tell where they went afterwards.

Or the person who she met at the park figured there were a lot more cameras at the airport than there were at the park so that person told her to meet at the park?

I think this is a secret relationship and not a meet up. Believe he's married and in her world somehow, maybe a Doctor that works shifts. What happened is to be determined.

Observation...LE knows everything about the Lyft driver's movements from the time she got in the car with him and most likely from when she initiated the request. If he's involved he's going down, imo. At this point I don't think he is.

I know, right! Makes me wonder if it was a bikini or something! Not really, but ykwim!

Why would they not reveal this!?!?!?!!! If it was risqué then perhaps they are trying to protect this information, idk....

Total speculation but maybe she did do a bit of primping in the airport and was wearing something really sexy and/or revealing. Maybe they aren't disclosing because they're worried it will distract from the issue at hand (finding her) and people will write her off as a hooker or something. Which unfortunately people would do?

(TOTAL SPECULATION! NOT STATING THIS AS FACT!)

Those DO make sense, thank you!

Agree. Also, this mystery person could have chosen this park specifically because they knew it would be dark and no cameras available. JMO

I'm thinking LE has a description of the driver and the vehicle from the Lyft driver and now LE are attempting to look thru video footage to confirm that a vehicle matching that description was in that area at that time. I would think if it's true they will be able to find that confirmation fairly quickly (not that many cars on road at that time) and then release the description to the public. I'd think LE might also be running that make and model for SO in area.

On the other hand if no corroboration it comes back to driver possibly. But he would have had to be fast.

I'm leaning toward driver being truthful here.

MOO

Do you think its possible they are holding back some of this more personal information because they do believe this is a voluntary missing? That is why the Detective spoke to her directly, is giving her an opportunity to let them know so they can call off the search? IDK just seems to me like they are not to convinced that a crime has occurred. Really only reason I can see for them withholding so much information that would be so vital in helping identify and find a missing person. JMO

If I dropped a pretty young woman off at a park at 3:00 am, I’d certainly be paying attention to who picked her up, and what the situation was like.

I don’t know what info they have on phone pings, but seeing her phone move in one direction from the supposed drop off point, as the Lyft vehicle moves in the other, would help support the Lyft driver’s story.
As a female Lyft driver I wouldn’t have dropped off my alone female young passenger in a park period only the police station, residence or restaurant, or bar not at a park at night.

As a female Lyft driver I wouldn’t have dropped off my alone female young passenger in a park period only the police station, residence or restaurant, or bar not at a park at night.
Thank you. My wife always shares the ride information with me, but those little details can really make one paranoid.

Or the person who she met at the park figured there were a lot more cameras at the airport than there were at the park so that person told her to meet at the park?

Yeah, but if this person had intentions of harming her all along, I don't think there would be as many clues as there is. I mean the person has to know at least the Lyft driver saw their vehicle, this doesn't scream premeditated to me. And Hatch Park is literally across the street from a police station. If they wanted to meet somewhere for the intent of not being seen, there's much better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antony