Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF she and this person met on a sugar site, don’t those have user reputation comments, scores and such? Comments could be left for her and vice versa? Wonder if that would help find this person?
never been on those sites, but im sure just like other apps and SM, you can easily exaggerate and make stuff up. I doubt they have deep verification.

I would only drop my passenger off at a safe location that’s just me.

I can’t think of a single driver who would ever just drop me off in some park late at night. I think the driver clearly did feel she was safe. He may have wondered why is she meeting someone in a park this late, maybe he mentioned this, maybe he didn’t.

Whatever the case, LE refused to comment on the nature of their discussion. Makes me wonder. My Lyft drivers usually know my whole life story by the time I arrive at my destination, but that’s me. I’m chatty like that.

(ETA: I don’t divulge personal details like where exactly I work etc, but general stuff that doesn’t compromise my safety. Actually I’m usually the one doing the interviews, “how long have you been driving for Lyft? Where are you from? Have you had a lot of rides today? Where all have you been today? Are most of your passengers nice? Have you ever had a rowdy passenger? lol. If it’s a young female driver then I have to lecture them in a nice way to remind them that if they ever feel uncomfortable with a passenger they are not obligated to continue driving that person!!)

Last edited:
My hunch it's a long or long'ish distance to where he lives. That's why he picked a park off the highway, imo.

jmo

I could easily see this. This also scares me a bit. By the time she got there Kenzie's been up most of the evening. She had to be pretty tired by that point. She could have fallen asleep in the vehicle.

It was stated several pages back, and it’s been on my mind since reading about the press conference - I really really hope that whoever she met with has, or will, go to LE, discreetly or anonymously if need be, to share what he/she knows. The longer this goes without that happening, the worse I feel about the outcome.

The make and model of the car that the Lyft driver met will be interesting. I am leaning toward this being a planned meet up with someone she knew, but a secret/clandestine relationship. Would someone wealthy enough to afford a SD/SB relationship also be wealthy enough to afford to turn around and get on a plane out of the country the next day? I assume they have already checked flight records and private/charter plane records leaving that area. That or mystery person picked her up, she knew him well enough to plan that, but things went way south somewhere after 3 am.

Maybe there is something about her appearance at the airport or getting into the Lyft that makes the police think this could be voluntary. I'm not just talking about sexy clothes, maybe a hair style (color?) change or a wig?

I think they just don’t have enough at this point. Once they pore through the results of the warrants, we’ll be able to better gauge their thinking.

Up until a point, this was clearly voluntary.

She agreed to meet someone at a particular location, and may have known this person. She appears to have willingly entered his vehicle.

But after that point, it’s anyone’s guess if she has decided to stay away, or has become a victim of a crime.

I agree. I immediately suspected the Lyft driver. I know that bad things can and have happened with them. But at the press conference they did ask and he replied that the Lyft driver took calls immediately after dropping Mackenzie. So if it’s true he picked up another customer immediately after dropping Mackenzie then I think that’s a pretty solid alibi.

Lyft released a statement that said the driver dropped off Mackenzie and went about picking up other passagers.

I would only drop my passenger off at a safe location that’s just me.
Maybe that he observed her seemingly happy to see the person picking her up he concluded it was safe.

Anyway I'm not sure it's up to the driver to determine what is safe or not. I'm sure they have plenty of customers that ask to be dropped off in unsafe neighborhoods. I wouldn't think they have much of a say if that's where the person requests to be taken. Imo

From the beginning there has something that reminded about Adrienne Salinas’ case, and I’m realizing it was that whole business with the cab driver. He stated he waited for her at her pick up location but she never showed up. That case has never been solved, nor has he been made a POI.

Anyway, irrelevant. LE has clearly said that at this moment the driver is NOT a POI.
I watched and didn’t hear them say those words. What did I miss?

Lyft and similar apps have gps and tracking on lockdown. I really dont think the driver has anything to do with this
Exactly. This isn’t some taxi driver who is going off memory. They aren’t simply taking the driver’s word for it.

They don’t have to.

Data tells a story, and it appears to fit with the known facts, and the driver’s account.

I can’t think of a single driver who would ever just drop me off in some park. I think the driver clearly did feel she was safe. He may have wondered why is she meeting someone in a park this late, maybe he mentioned this, maybe he didn’t.

Whatever the case, LE refused to comment on the nature of their discussion. Makes me wonder. My Lyft drivers usually know my whole life story by the time I arrive at my destination, but that’s me. I’m chatty like that.

I think it’s very believable that the Lyft driver watched her go over to the car and noticed the friendly nature of their greeting, simply because he was worried about her. He might have planned to wait, and if no one picked her up, offer her a ride to some safer place. (Sure, his time is money, but the time spent checking that she was safe would be an investment in peace of mind—and of course, he’d get paid if she DID need a ride elsewhere.)

I’d guess that LE isn’t talking because the man who met her is a major POI, (not saying that they know who he is, yet), and they don’t want him to know what they know.

All this MOO

I could easily see this. This also scares me a bit. By the time she got there Kenzie's been up most of the evening. She had to be pretty tired by that point. She could have fallen asleep in the vehicle.
@yellowmoose I ask this gently with with respectful concern: Could it be possible she and the person she met did some drugs and she OD'd? Does that seem in the realm of possibilities or totally not possible, in your opinion.

You don't have to answer, of course. But that scenario might explain why she would meet someone she perhaps knew and thought trustworthy but then disappeared. We've seen similar situations before.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member