Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have video. If he drove down the highway, there is likely video. If he kept to the side streets, there is probably video from businesses. Since LE knows the specific time and date to search on the videos - and there was likely little other traffic at that hour - they can probably find his vehicle from a few different angles. But perhaps the images aren't super clear so they need time to confirm.

myopiniononly

I think this too. They did say there was surveillance in surrounding areas. There aren't many cars out and about at 3am. Using the information that the driver they could cross reference and see the car ML had entered.

That is a really creepy area of town to meet someone you don't know at 1AM. So, I am leaning towards it is someone she knows.

I found out that my college age daughter bought a burner phone with cash, because she didn't want us to know where she was all of the time...it could be that the police don't even have all of the information.

It was closer to 3am which is even more odd/scary in my opinion.

From MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"Police declined to release details about the make and model of the car or a description of the driver that Lueck met because they have not confirmed those details and do not want to put out possible misinformation."

Confirm how, though? I'm curious if it was solely the lyft driver who saw the car and they need to re-interview him to make sure they get the details right. I'm guessing there most likely weren't any other eyewitnesses given that it was 3am on a Monday morning. But maybe that's what they're trying to figure out. I'm truly baffled by everything in this situation.
Surveillance footage.

That car has to have been caught on camera, and it’s a matter of not simply taking an eye-witness’ word for it.

They want to make sure they get this right.

It was dark, and humans are fallible. Cameras don’t lie.

Let me rephrase

One of her sugar daddies that send money and gifts for sexual pictures, chat, company and sometimes physical comfort.

definitely not a prostitute.

Sorry for any confusion.

all MOO

Honestly this is bordering on victim blaming, and we all know that is 100% not allowed. Her friend has asked you to lay off this line of discussion and making the insinuations you are making.

We do not know who she was meeting. We do not know the nature of the relationship with any of the guys she dated. Many sugar daddy / baby relationships are strictly platonic. Many of my friends in college and grad school did this because uh guess what? Men will pay for it even when it has nothing sexual at all.

Do you have proof she sent sexual photos of herself to any guy? Or proof that she gave of herself physically in any way? If so you should get on with that verification process to become a VI.

I agree. I think that’s why it was probably a pick up location. As in, for whatever reason, she prearranged to meet someone there with the intention of just leaving with them and not hanging around. MOO

Just seems odd to me or that it was intentionally a place with a lot less surveillance than the airport, other wise why wouldn't the person she made contact with in the car (which was confirmed she did by L.E.) just pick her up a mere 15 mins away at the airport end save her the hassle/money using Lyft?

Maybe the friend/person she met with works at a bar and was getting to the park the earliest he/she could after closing duties, etc. That could possibly explain why she hung out at the airport for a while. Maybe took that time to refresh makeup, hair, change clothes etc.

JMO

Could be, or even an ER doctor, pilot, LE, EMT, or anyone who works swing/graveyard (depending on schedule). Maybe someone from outside of the immediate area, driving through for a conference..."I'll pick you up on the way to the hotel". There are so many possibilities.

From MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

"Police declined to release details about the make and model of the car or a description of the driver that Lueck met because they have not confirmed those details and do not want to put out possible misinformation."

Confirm how, though? I'm curious if it was solely the lyft driver who saw the car and they need to re-interview him to make sure they get the details right. I'm guessing there most likely weren't any other eyewitnesses given that it was 3am on a Monday morning. But maybe that's what they're trying to figure out. I'm truly baffled by everything in this situation.

Same here. Yesterday I was wondering why they did not give out location..today no car description. Cameras not working. With all of today's technology..things seem to be moving slow.

Lyft has already given a statement that their driver drove Kenzie to her destination, dropped her off and continued picking up other passengers.
They didn't say that the driver picked up another rider right after dropping Mackenzie. The driver's choose their rides, not the app. He could have not had another rider for a half-hour, hour, or longer. How many people are out looking for Lyft rides at 3:00 a,m,? All the police have is his word that he dropped her there and left her there. Picking up other rides afterwards really doesn't mean anything. He could be a really good liar. At this point anything could have happened to Mackenzie and all anyone has is a text to her mom and a lyft request.

I guess when you ask specific questions that aren't known to the general public they just can't be answered by those that should know. jmo

Last edited:
Honestly this is bordering on victim blaming, and we all know that is 100% not allowed. Her friend has asked you to lay off this line of discussion and making the insinuations you are making.

We do not know who she was meeting. We do not know the nature of the relationship with any of the guys she dated. Many sugar daddy / baby relationships are strictly platonic. Many of my friends in college and grad school did this because uh guess what? Men will pay for it even when it has nothing sexual at all.

Do you have proof she sent sexual photos of herself to any guy? Or proof that she gave of herself physically in any way? If so you should get on with that verification process to become a VI.

100% agree on all of this. Thank you!

Surveillance footage.

That car has to have been caught on camera, and it’s a matter of not simply taking an eye-witness’ word for it.

They want to make sure they get this right.

It was dark, and humans are fallible. Cameras don’t lie.

thanks to everyone who replied. i guess i should know better than to trust comments on news stories, lol. One poster said something to the effect of 'this is why there should be cameras on streets' and i missed LE mentioning footage so i assumed there weren't any...oy, my bad!

I have the right to have an opinion based on the facts of the case.

Fact is she was a sugar baby. That came from her friend, I didn’t make that up.

I stated what a sugar baby is and that easily google-able.

I’m not victim blaming and to accuse me of doing so unfair and wrong.

What other facts are we not able to talk about

There is a big variation amongst SD/SB and what those relationships look like. You don't know what being a sugar baby means to Kenzie or what that looks like for her. Don't insinuate that you do. If this continues, this thread will get shut down.

Just seems odd to me or that it was intentionally a place with a lot less surveillance than the airport, other wise why wouldn't the person she made contact with in the car (which was confirmed she did by L.E.) just pick her up a mere 15 mins away at the airport end save her the hassle/money using Lyft?
A thoughtful person would do that.
jmo

Welcome to Websleuths, @BensCafe400. :)

In today's press conference, one of the questions was, "Does MacKenzie have any social media accounts we do not know about?" Please call the tip line if you think you've discovered something they should know about.

Tip Line 801-799-4420. Reference her name or case 19-111129.

Something I haven’t seen mentioned that came to mind after reading from Heavy that ML liked older men and was dating several, is this man could have taken her to his home, condo, or special hangout where things went south.

If this is the case, who knows what he did with her or where to look for her.

My opinion is he is single as ML wasn’t worried about contacting him late or him coming out in the middle of the night. Yes, they could have arranged the meeting time earlier in the day, yet he still had to be able to slip out at 3:00 am.

Are there hotels in the area?
Maybe a wife was out of town and it was neighbors he didn’t want to see anything. By picking her up at a park, he could sneak her back into a condo garage. More discrete than a Lyft car pulling up in front. Just a thought... I’m clueless as we all are as to what happened to this lovely young woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed