Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She seems to be an ideal victim for every predator. She seems to be careful to ensure that no one sees who she is with, she doesn't notify anyone about her activities, she's willing to meet at an isolated location in the middle of the night. With dating apps and predators, she's a dream come true.[/QUOTE]

BBM She really is. No telling who is her real life could have seen her profiles on these sites and the wheels started turning.

What about the option that this is someone she met at the LAX airport, on her way home?
Started up a conversation at the gate, or on plane... Made plans to hook up later?
Perhaps he did not wish to be seen with her at his hotel, so met her in park?

PS If that is the case, the perp is already back in LA... or another city...

PPS Or another country?

I think is going to be the key.

She obviously knew the person she met and I think it is safe to say they pre-arranged this meeting via her phone.

All of this will be evident on her phone.

If she was communicating, as people her age often do, via alternatives to text like Snapchat, Finsta accounts, Tinder, VSCO etc... it could take LE much longer to find this person she met. The FBI may need to help local LE navigate the big SM companies.

When LE gets the cell data my guess is the case will move very quickly.
Hope it wasn't a burner phone.

As far as the individual not picking her up at the airport, I don’t see that as sinister behavior. The airport is under construction right now, and last time I was there it was just a mess to drive through. Just easier to Lyft and it’s cheap. Perhaps that person said just take a Lyft to my town and we will go from there. And ML thought that place seems safe, false sense of security too being less than a block away from the police station.

Thank you for this. The how do you not consider her reckless remark is a bit of a loaded question. A lot of gals have a much more forward online presence because they are behind a screen. I don’t think her behavior is reckless. Is her behavior risky? Yes. Let’s just say I can’t even count the number of friends in my college circles that have private instagrams identical to Kenzie’s. And none of them behave ridiculously recklessly either. It’s easier to come off that way online. Did she potentially put herself in a risky situation? Yes. But I know Kenzie. And I’d like to think she wouldn’t put herself in a situation like that with a stranger. My gut says Kenzie knew or thought she knew this guy or has been talking to this guy awhile.

Actually, this helps me see how you are looking at the situation and therefore how ML may have been looking at it. In my mind, risky equals reckless and she may not have seen it that way.

It's also a possibility that this all started out fine and she may have met him before.
There's the fact that many people have been drugged without their knowledge. Such as in a drink.
Doesn't have to be alcoholic even.
After that who knows where she is.
Or in what condition.
The list of substances to render someone highly sedated/in a semi-conscious state are truly endless.
I hope that's not the case and that whomever she met comes forward.
Because all indications are SLCPD are closing in.
Someone knows or saw something. Surveillance videos released today may jog their memories.
Oftentimes people don't remember these little details especially at that time of the early morning.
Waiting for the update,
Chi

I wonder if this started as a meeting with someone she knew and trusted. It escalated to something she resisted (rape) and then the person was caught between a rock and a hard place. If he let her go she would go to LE and he would be caught.
But, if he killed her and was careful in the coverup, he at least had the chance of not being charged.

There are some precautions I wish she would take. I have girlfriends who go on dates and let me know where they are going, who they are seeing, and when they plan to be home. I never judge the situation, it's just a here's where I'll be, if something goes wrong at least somebody knows. I wish she would have done this. Friends in her circles (myself included) would not judge who she was going out with. We just want to preserve her safety. I wish she would have told somebody who/what/where/when so at least one person knew. But I don't recall a time where she has ever taken that precaution so it wouldn't make sense for her to start now. If she did I'm sure that person would have come forward.

Not sure I understand. If the hashtags are not considered reckless, that does help.
I think most college age kids tend to be careless at times. At that age many still feel they are invincible and that's why they take risks that older adults would never consider.
It does not mean it should be, but that's the way it is. Imo

Snipped and Bolded by me
I don't think we can really gauge how well she knew or didn't know the person based on the very little info we have at this point. When I was in my 20s (I'm 39 this week) I met tons of people online. At first I was extremely skeptical and guarded, after all, this was the early 2000's and people thought meeting people over the internet was weird in general. However, after meeting a handful of people, I let my guard down more and more. It got to the point where the majority of my friends were people I had connected with online. If Kenzie has been making connections online for a while, she very well might have had her guard down too.

I agree with this. I wonder how street smart Kenzie is in general?
There are people that do their thing but have very strict boundaries and safety measures in place. MOO

I don't believe we can make the drugs/no drugs assumption. We don't know ML.
A full time college senior, who is also holding down a job, that's a whole lot of pressure and a busy schedule.
She could be using something, to help her stay awake.
My daughter did this for awhile; some of her friends did as well.
It's something that high achievers seem to do.
Not saying ML does ....but it's certainly possible.
I’ve read that she was enrolled PT, don’t know how many credits though.

IMO, I think that the mystery person had sinister plans from the get go hence why she wasn't picked up at the airport. The park may have been a normal middle meeting ground for her in the past ( or the like) and she didn't think anything of it, but I think the person had an agenda all along.

Where would said person take her? Their private cabin, boat, or was it more immediate where he alluded to a destination and ended up on a back road, woods, fields etc? Are there areas like that close by? I know the highway is right there.

Sorry, this is where my mind has been. MOO
If it was a normal meeting ground and she was using a ride share service, chances are that would be in her past trips.

MLs close friends have all said that this isn't like her at all. Every indication seems to point to a smart girl with a decent amount of common sense and it's common sense not to meet someone you hardly know in a park at 3am unless you know that person very well and completely trust them.

This is why I feel confident that once this person is caught we will see they knew each other pretty well.

Think we will also find this person is either married or in a serious relationship with someone they live with and needed to meet her in the park so their wife or girlfriend wouldn't find out.

I don't think SHE went to meet this person for a booty call. Just coming from the funeral I'd think sex was the last thing on her mind. However if she needed someone to comfort her a old friend she could innocently cuddle may be worth the detour to North Salt Lake for.

The cuddling turned to him trying to have sex with her. She rejects his advances or threatens to tell his wife or girlfriend and then he does something bad to her.

There are some precautions I wish she would take. I have girlfriends who go on dates and let me know where they are going, who they are seeing, and when they plan to be home. I never judge the situation, it's just a here's where I'll be, if something goes wrong at least somebody knows. I wish she would have done this. Friends in her circles (myself included) would not judge who she was going out with. We just want to preserve her safety. I wish she would have told somebody who/what/where/when so at least one person knew. But I don't recall a time where she has ever taken that precaution so it wouldn't make sense for her to start now. If she did I'm sure that person would have come forward.
That is seriously risky behavior.

Correct about always letting someone know where you're going to be @yellowmoose .
That's what they teach in safety classes and at foundations like Help Save The Next Girl. (In memory of Morgan Harrington.)
I have loyal friends who have all my passwords and personal info.
We all need to apply the buddy system at any age.
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member