Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Heidi Hatch on Twitter
NEW: Most of the cameras at Hatch park where Mackenzie Lueck was last seen were not recording anything. The Mayor of North Salt Lake told KUTV's @MichaelLocklear , some of the cameras are fakes. They’re meant to deter vandalism. A disappointing blow to friends & family.
D98pxDIU0AEkk5v.jpg
D98pyXHVUAAp4nH.jpg
D98pzK-UwAEb4mf.jpg

6:35 PM - 25 Jun 2019

That would also be a disappointing blow to a young woman who arranged to meet someone at the park with the belief that everything she was doing was on camera - her safety net. Maybe fake cameras are not such a good idea. They may deter some vandalism, but upstanding citizens might also rely on them. When they're fake, it is the upstanding citizen that is harmed.

Summer classes where I teach run in three options:

Summer A: from mid-May to end of June
Summer B: from end of Jun to early August
Or
Summer C: from mid-May to early August

Based on reports I would guess she was in a course similar to Summer C where the midterm would fall a week ago (this is actually what happened in my courses this summer). This is logical and makes it a mid-term as reported and not a final.

MOO.
Summer classes where I teach run in three options:

Summer A: from mid-May to end of June
Summer B: from end of Jun to early August
Or
Summer C: from mid-May to early August

Based on reports I would guess she was in a course similar to Summer C where the midterm would fall a week ago (this is actually what happened in my courses this summer). This is logical and makes it a mid-term as reported and not a final.

MOO.

This is considered summer semester at the U. It would have been a midterm if the class was being taught until August; a final if it was a condensed, shorter class.

I think these items are important:

The person she was meeting could have picked her up at the airport considering they had a vehicle and it wasn’t that far from the park. There’s a reason they didn’t pick her up, and the most obvious and logical reason is that they didn’t want their vehicle on security video.

The park didn’t have working cameras. This person appears to have been avoiding being seen on camera, but they met at the park with cameras...meaning they probably knew the cameras were fake or didn’t work.

I feel like figuring out who knew that info about the park’s cameras could be an important lead.

I don't think a cop would choose a park that close to his employment where co-workers coming and going could potentially identify his car - "that looks like so-and-so's car at the park... odd". KWIM? Although I'm SURE there's instances in the past where cops have been this careless. MOO

I just don't see a cop for this. JMO
I don't think cop either, however I can't help but wonder if it was someone who knows those cameras don't work.....maintenance, city official, coach ect.

ML is a senior, she also holds down a job as a phlebotomist.
She's a busy, employed adult.
I think it's quite likely that Mackenzie has a second phone, if she has 'several' older men she spends time with (is it the roommate who said this?)

I dunno. With all the communication that is done through social media and dating apps themselves, a second phone may be irrelevant.

People aren’t just calling and texting anymore.

I think I saw a post earlier that said she is a full time student. This is part of a statement from the Uni

The University of Utah is deeply concerned about the well-being of Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck and her family. The university is cooperating with the Salt Lake City Police Department, which is investigating her disappearance. Mackenzie is enrolled part-time as a senior at the U, and is majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing and minoring in health. She has been enrolled at the U since fall 2014. Because of privacy laws that protect Mackenzie’s personal information, the university cannot provide further details.

University statement about missing U student Mackenzie Lueck | @theU

I think these items are important:

The person she was meeting could have picked her up at the airport considering they had a vehicle and it wasn’t that far from the park. There’s a reason they didn’t pick her up, and the most obvious and logical reason is that they didn’t want their vehicle on security video.

The park didn’t have working cameras. This person appears to have been avoiding being seen on camera, but they met at the park with cameras...meaning they probably knew the cameras were fake or didn’t work.

I feel like figuring out who knew that info about the park’s cameras could be an important lead.

I’m not convinced that anyone could know that those cameras weren’t working. I think this person got lucky.

Looking at that area, that park isn’t all that unreasonable a meeting spot.

It’s got an accessible parking lot, and it would be relatively easy to find.

I agree with you. I think she needed a tender touch, a shoulder to lean on and someone to talk too.

I agree with this also. What the other person felt/thought is what we don't know. I am wondering if some type of accident (allergic reaction, OD, slip and fall, even bdsm gone wrong) occurred and the person who picked ML up panicked and is still panicking.

Maybe their careers require them to be in CA right now.

Or, maybe her family has a very different theory from what you are hearing in the media.

Her mom runs a daycare center in her home. I drive past their house to/from work every day and there's been no activity. Usually, when I drive home from work, the front door is open and parents are picking up their kids. It's very silent there right now. :(

I’m not convinced that anyone could know that those cameras weren’t working. I think this person got lucky.

Looking at that area, that park isn’t all that unreasonable a meeting spot.

It’s got an accessible parking lot, and it would be relatively easy to find.
I am not sure it would matter if they were working or not. There isn't any light in the parking lot as far as I can tell. No parking lot lights, no street lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en