Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@poppydarling....have her friends looked into walking by the waterways, if possible, to see if they can find anything that may have belonged to her? Maybe her luggage, and/or bags? The large luggage would have been hard to rid of, in my opinion.

Not that I’m aware of but @yellowmoose would be the person to ask that question to!

That seems unlikely since she willingly went with the unknown person that she may have known to some extent and they were in a public location. It would make more sense that he would wait to get her back to a more private discreet location if he had planned on doing something.
Yes but if they did have ill intentions maybe they didn't want her phone being traced there so waited for lyft to leave and something happened.. JMO

Thanks for getting verified. I feel most on this forum do not believe KL is a sex worker. I do believe online dating, SD/SB, and casual hookups potentially have another layer of risks than being introduced to dates through friends, etc.

Any adult female can make choices to meet their needs, however, one needs an emergency exit plan.
Some of WS long-standing members can rattle off a list of people who’ve either dead or missing after being in relationship with someone they’ve met online.

And I totally agree with that!

Here are the 3 reasons I turn my phone off. 1- To preserve battery, 2- because it’s overheating and 3- so that certain people on my life 360 app don’t know I’m passing right by their house without stopping. I’m wondering if she had a location share app with any friends or family.
I turn off my cell when I don’t want to be bugged by anyone.

She may have simply told them she was going to her grandmother's funeral but she would be back for her exam(s), ie: no specific date given.

I'm glad you brought this up because I've been meaning to ask... @yellowmoose, please forgive me if this has already been answered but do you know what day her exam(s) were? TIA MOO

Very true, but there's still the issue of her phone being off for over 3 days. Not just phone calls or texts not being returned but her phone being completely off and no social media activity.

Last edited:
“Pretty much right after the contact was made at the park—that’s when things went dark,” said Detective Greg Wilking.

https://ksltv.com/416737/forensics-expert-phone-records-may-be-dead-end-in-lueck-disappearance/
That’s very disappointing. I hope this case doesn’t go unsolved and end up like the Bryce Laspisa case and thousands of others.

I really think if she wanted to not be found LE would have been contacted by ML by now same with family or friends by a letter, a note whatever or a way she couldnt be tracked down if that’s what she wanted. I can’t imagine her knowing the pain her parents are going through with loss of her Grandmother she would intentionally make them suffer more by her not contacting them.

Thanks! I've been lurking for quite awhile now, and it's not often that I have any insight to give. You guys are WAY faster than me at finding information! For once though, I can relate to the victim. Young women are judged so harshly sometimes for them just being full humans. MOO - her sexuality has very little, if anything, to do with her being missing. It might be the way she met the person initially in the park, but it doesn't take away from the fact that she is MISSING. I hope to God that if I go missing, they don't focus on what I do in my bedroom or someone else's. I want them to FIND me!

Also, as a woman not too far out of her age group, I would absolutely have taken a Lyft from the airport and refused to let someone pick me up. It was super late, flights get delayed (as hers did) and the rideshare companies have designated waiting areas. You can hop off the plane, grab your luggage, call a car, and be out much faster and easier than having an individual pick you up. I've been picked up at the airport exactly once since ridesharing became a thing, and it was only because a friend wouldn't stop asking to pick me up. I'm independent, comfortable in airports, and use Lyft every time I travel without my car. It's safe & easy 99.99% of the time, and it's super convenient.

One last thing, hardly any of my friends use their phones for texting/calling directly. We use apps constantly. My sister and I communicate exclusively through Snapchat or IG. If you looked at my phone records, you'd think I haven't spoken to her in a year! The warrants for social media accounts will be the big break here, if there is one. Hoping for something to come from those soon!

Great post and very insightful ! Any other ideas why she would meet someone at 3am in a park?

Earlier today on HLN a former FBI agent explained that the FBI is called in when forensic help is needed. He continued to say “the FBI isn’t called bc more manpower is needed ... the FBI isn’t called to help search in the woods ... we get involved to help w DNA and science related things since police depts aren’t equipped w those type of things”

Aren’t they also called in if a crime occurs in more than one state?

Right. So far we know:

1. Didn't pick her up from the airport, where there are a million cameras from every angle.

2. Met her at a park where the cameras didn't work (and even if they did work, would they capture car info in detail...I think not, to be honest)

3. Her phone turns off soon after meeting.

4. ML hasn't been seen or heard from since.

I know we are missing sooo much information, but looking at this, sure seems deliberate and planned to me.

jmo

That's the strong impression I'm getting as well; deliberate and planned.

Yes but if they did have ill intentions maybe they didn't want her phone being traced there so waited for lyft to leave and something happened.. JMO

Also a valid point! If I put myself in the shoes of someone with potentially nefarious intentions... Is it better to string someone along, play nice get them back to where I can do what I want even if it risks LE being able to track GPS on the phone to my area? Or, let them know I want to maybe harm them in a public park which may have video surveillance that is just a few blocks from a police station? I still think the first idea but I am also not a criminal.

I had similar thoughts last night about the time the thread closed, and it's perplexing indeed.

Initially, I thought that not being visible on Monday might be dismissed as ML extending her time at "home" with her family given the circumstances.

But then I questioned why at least one person would not know this, and share the info with others -- on the surface, it seems nobody was alarmed that ML was not responding to texts, calls, etc., and/or missing from Salt Lake.

Then again maybe several were alarmed but didn't want to contact her parents, and finally did so on Thursday -- immediately triggering Dad's contact LE to report ML missing.

So concerning her phone/gps went dark within minutes of connecting with her party.

Where are you Kenzie?

MOO
ML's dad called JC on Thursday, then JC went to check ML's apartment.
'I text her and call her still,' says friend of missing student Mackenzie Lueck

That’s very disappointing. I hope this case doesn’t go unsolved and end up like the Bryce Laspisa case and thousands of others.

I really think if she wanted to not be found LE would have been contacted by ML by now same with family or friends by a letter, a note whatever or a way she couldnt be tracked down if that’s what she wanted. I can’t imagine her knowing the pain her parents are going through with loss of her Grandmother she would intentionally make them suffer more by her not contacting them.
I think (expect?!) that once LE cracks open her phone records, they will have a solid lead to follow.

The perp might have covered his online tracks. I think he was avoiding cameras for the pickup and that makes me think he had sinister plans from the start (not just a date gone horribly bad). If he's savvy enough to avoid cameras, he likely took precautions to be extra sneaky online too, imo

But LE will see through his tricks, I have a feeling.

That's my hope anyway!

jmo

Thanks for getting verified. I feel most on this forum do not believe KL is a sex worker. I do believe online dating, SD/SB, and casual hookups potentially have another layer of risks than being introduced to dates through friends, etc.

Any adult female can make choices to meet their needs, however, one needs an emergency exit plan.
Some of WS long-standing members can rattle off a list of people who’ve either dead or missing after being in relationship with someone they’ve met online.

If there was an exchange of money it adds another layer into the mix. We all know what can happen when goods and services are sold on SM.
JMO

Last edited:
The word immediately wasn't used. I think it was vaguer than that, but implying soon.

People are sort of jumping on the idea it was immediate.

Whatever the case, she wasn't active on her phone after meeting the person in the park. That's the overall point, imo.

jmo
I remember a friend of Kenzie’s saying that she had tried to call MacKenzie and that it went to voicemail so either her phone was turned off or the battery was dead. My point being LE never said Kenzie turned off her phone :) And, of course there was no mention of immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member