Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating this MSM
snipped SLC Police gathering evidence at crime scene connected to search for MacKenzie Lueck
Officers have been on scene with K-9 units and forensic personnel.

Police secured DNA of some kind in the home but said it is still being tested, and vans have taken evidence of some kind from the home.

DNA is pretty specific IMO. I don't recall seeing FBI on any of the officers - do we know if they were there?
Hopefully not. Usually when the FBI gets involved cases come to a standstill

No, it’s still there. Part of: “20 other reviews.” So, between it seeming to review another property, and the owner reviewing the reviewer as a tenant, I think it’s all just nothing. The phrase used is a common idiom.
it is a fair common idiom, however in this case it just seems really creepy and too coincidental. but stranger things have happened. i'd be really curious to know when they review was posted.

It only helps get word to the public when a case needs more media attention. All too often, it’s just a stunt by the media to gain ratings share.

I just can’t get Mackenzie’s family out of my head today. My heart is just breaking for them. They just lost their beloved mother/grandmother and that alone is a lot of grief to bare. Now this...

Very good point about media attention. And in this case, the police could feel confident that they would break the case as soon as they got warrants for her communications. So, I’d guess that they compassionately told the family that they didn’t need to do anything.

You’re right—it’s unimaginably horrible for them.

Good for them for speaking up. This is really, really important. I admit that I am as guilty of some victim blaming as everyone else, because I can't help but think "Why would she meet up with someone at 3 am in a park???" But every time I think it, I remind myself that it doesn't matter, because if the person she had met up with wasn't a monster, it wouldn't have mattered where and when she met up with him.

BBM

We can't be overly sensitive or we are wasting our time here. What you stated above matters, we need to figure out why ML met with this guy at 3AM in order to put the pieces of that night together. Not victim shaming in any sense.

Stating what ML did for financial gain with older men, if proven true, is not victim shaming. Even if this ends up not being a factor in the events of that night.

Victim shaming is providing negative commentary on facts related to a crime victim, as I understand it. Or coming up with theories that cast a victim in a negative light, ie drugs are involved when there is no evidence of this. WS and the posters do a pretty good job of separating facts and negative commentary.

Last edited:
Michael Locklear‏Verified account @MichaelLocklear

NEW: Photos of the backyard of the #SaltLakeCity house that police searched in the #MackenzieLueck case. Investigators spent the night digging here, a police source tells @KUTV2News. No word yet on what they may have found.

D-E6j-7XkAMnC8K.jpg

D-E6j8fXYAYvH9H.jpg

D-E6j9pXoAMdFEs.jpg

D-E6j9MXkAAGA7P.jpg

Michael Locklear on Twitter
Is that a blackish round CCTV camera on the far back upper left white area on the back of that garage ?....moo

SLC PD chiefs quotes were very telling. To me he said a lot without saying much. He was quoted as saying the warrant had a “nexus” to ML case meaning strong connection so police clearly seem to believe either ML was at the home, the person she was with was or both.

He also said “given the nature of this case, we don’t want to make a mistake” which is heartbreaking because that says to me he is indicating she’s not alive and met her tragic end there, police know this but are making sure they do everything by the book to nail their suspect.

Everything at this point indicates we will be getting the expected but undesired outcome. God Bless ML and her family/friends :(

Morgan Harrington’s family started a campaign...”Save the Next Girl.”

I believe that we have a collective responsibility to find the “sweet spot” between “victim blaming” and pointing out the dangers inherent in certain lifestyles and behaviors. We don’t need to blame or defame anyone. But we need to be realistic about human nature and common sense. This site is replete with tragedy and there are almost always lessons to be learned.

No, not the victims... but the behaviors themselves should be laid bare as to the real risks involved. “The next Girl” could be my daughter or friend or yours. There are lessons to be learned without shaming anyone. There are always lessons from tragedy on how to proceed with any lifestyle decision with less risk.

If your spouse is morbidly obese and eating excessive amounts of fast food, Cheetos, and Twinkies everyday...it may be his right and he may be a wonderful person, but his eating choices are putting his health/life at risk. Yes, other people have heart attacks, but this lifestyle increases his probability, do we just say nothing out of “empathy?”

Is it really empathy?

To say that these lifestyle choices have NO bearing at all...I think abdicates our responsibility to try to save “the next girl.”

Some of these choices seem “cool”, “edgy”, “sophisticated”...they may be. But even those who participate, should not find discussion of how to improve safety of participation, to be “victim blaming.” Not if we really care about “saving the next Girl.”

I agree with this totally. I am just finding out the many ways my young niece who is a minor can get online and into groups. If anything happened to her, I would not blame her but I would feel like I wished someone would have mentioned these things were potentially out there. This is not victim shaming, it's being forewarned and forearmed.

I own an AR 15. The magazine holds 30 rounds. Ammo is expensive so AR 15 owners buy it in bulk in a "box" not one of the tiny cardboard boxes holding 20 rounds. The bulk boxes are approx $100. Some bulk boxes hold 1000 rounds and are $300. I assume this guy owned a bulk box because that's what AR 15 owners buy.
I typically call that a case of ammo and the 20 round packaged a box. Not a big deal what they are called. Cases of .223/5.56mm aren't a lot cheaper than by the box, some are bulk packaged with no box. Anyway, I have built 3 AR-15 and have owned 4 and never bought bulk or by the cases. And no respectable AR-15 owner uses TulAmmo in a gun they want to take care of. It's hard on the barrel grooves and the casing is not brass, wears parts, and is under powered plinking ammo. That being said, I respect how you buy your ammo and not trying to be argumentative. The ammo may have no relevance in this case.

Edit - @Gunslinging Granny I may be a cheap-o lol

Last edited:
Repeating this MSM
snipped SLC Police gathering evidence at crime scene connected to search for MacKenzie Lueck
Officers have been on scene with K-9 units and forensic personnel.

Police secured DNA of some kind in the home but said it is still being tested, and vans have taken evidence of some kind from the home.

DNA is pretty specific IMO. I don't recall seeing FBI on any of the officers - do we know if they were there?
I would have to go back and listen but I seem to recall it being mentioned in one of the very early videos that there were a number of agencies present, one being the FBI. No link at the moment, so JMO. (And, hopefully it's in the media thread!)

Only the basement is used as an AirBnB.
Watching here. Usually rents for $27 per night. So IMO it isn't necessarily the home owner who is a potential suspect.

I saw two units being rented: One for $34 and the other for $27. Those prices are so cheap, I would really be worried about who stayed in there either with me or before me.

I can't believe a woman alone would want to stay there, even from the pictures and the reviews about the sparseness ( not the fashionable minimalism, but the lack of a table, a shelf, the shower, etc.)

Can someone familiar with LE terms tell me the difference between "in custody" and "arrested"? Don't they need to arrest you to take you into custody?
I just learned this last night after the confusion.
Custody means surveillance or restriction on the movement of the person concerned.
In every arrest there is a custody but the converse of that is not true, not every custody results in arrest. Imo

Thanks for the clarification! I was wondering about what the rules were since the AirBNB is being posted everywhere, but that must be because it's a house and not a person

I think—hope I’m right—that the fact that the police did such a dramatic—and media-covered—search at the house, I think that made the house fair game for discussion.

Very good point about media attention. And in this case, the police could feel confident that they would break the case as soon as they got warrants for her communications. So, I’d guess that they compassionately told the family that they didn’t need to do anything.

You’re right—it’s unimaginably horrible for them.
And in this case her friends and sorority sisters did an amazing job of gaining media attention early on. Thus, sparing the family. My heart breaks for them, too.

I think—hope I’m right—that the fact that the police did such a dramatic—and media-covered—search at the house, I think that made the house fair game for discussion.
Yes. I think the house is fair game per the rules, given that it was mentioned in MSM. Since the owner of the house was not named as a POI, he still cannot be sleuthed.

I own an AR 15. The magazine holds 30 rounds. Ammo is expensive so AR 15 owners buy it in bulk in a "box" not one of the tiny cardboard boxes holding 20 rounds. The bulk boxes are approx $100. Some bulk boxes hold 1000 rounds and are $300. I assume this guy owned a bulk box because that's what AR 15 owners buy.
27 boxes isn't really all that much to have, 27 bulk boxes however would be an insane amount to have. Looks like he had a bulk box that was half empty which is about normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member