Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't been able to find the answer to this, but do we know if police actually went out to the home when the neighbors reported the fires? i'm not knowledgeable about SLC laws at all, but i know in some (most?) large metropolitan cities, huge fires like that within city limits is an ordinance violation. If it's the case in SLC, i would think an officer would've been assigned to go out and speak to the owner/write a ticket (especially if it happened multiple times...)

Nothing confirmed, conflicting information on what lead them to house but for them to arrive with search warrant tells me LE had more info than the complaints of backyard burning.

I’ve thought the same thing—and realistically, how often do those: “please bring back my daughter” interviews help. Has there EVER been a case where they helped?

I think those interviews help get and keep the public's attention on the case.

I agree, no one deserves to ever be harmed, barring someone who is hurting someone else. However, I think it's kind of sad that anyone asking about the event leading up to an event is considered victim shaming. For instance, I could say I can't wrap my head around why someone would want to hike Mount Everest considering all the bodies it's littered with and the people every year who get hurt/injured climbing it. Doesn't mean I think they are bad people if they don't make it through their adventure, just means I don't get the appeal of the activity.

I don't consider the questions victim shaming. But, we have asked the questions and conjectured lots. We probably know as much as there is to know. I just want to highlight that she is a victim regardless of any action taken. It feels like it is time to focus on her and the possibility that she was harmed rather than how she got into the situation. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it