Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have mentioned they never heard of AirB&B. It's all new to a lot of us. Couch Surfing hit a new low for me. Now that's really scary and stranger danger for sure but more and more young people are jumping right in. Yipes!

I'm kind of embarrassed to say my first thought was of airbud and then I thought a social media site. ; ) We learn a lot here on WS. When I first started reading here almost ten years ago, I thought MOO meant hello and goodbye. How time flies.

I've never stayed at an Airport Bn B, but I've stayed at various ones on vacation. I imagine the difference is that people stay there as they are just passing through for a day, or maybe longer if they are visiting the area.
However I've never seen one that looked anything like that.
I would imagine the owner is less interested in being a host and providing a pleasant stay for people than just doing it for some extra money. Imo

Some of my kids’ college friends used the low-cost type when going to interviews for internships and jobs all across the country because of the cost of hotels.

Even if he was raised in Nigeria, that doesn’t make him prone to kidnapping. This post is racist and discriminatory and I hope it gets removed.
You can hit the "report" button at the bottom of the post if you feel a post is violating TOS. Discussing it here will only cause the thread to be shut down and I don't think anyone wants that.

A poor person sleeping on the floor.

Oh honey . Clearly you've never gone thru really hard times.
There's a lot of "just ick" that can happen in life.
A new mattress-twin- is at least $150 in my neck of the woods.
If u got two little ones , their daddy just booked while u were at work... taking all the furniture with him...
You go looking for a clean used mattress ...
Glad u have never been there

I've never stayed at an Airport Bn B, but I've stayed at various ones on vacation. I imagine the difference is that people stay there as they are just passing through for a day, or maybe longer if they are visiting the area.
However I've never seen one that looked anything like that.
I would imagine the owner is less interested in being a host and providing a pleasant stay for people than just doing it for some extra money. Imo

I may be misunderstanding your post, but just to clarify: an AirBnB isn't actually a "Bed & Breakfast" accommodation (edit: I should say, isn't always an actual "Bed & Breakfast" accommodation. I'm sure there are some actual BnBs on the site.). There are several kinds: some are entire houses/apartments/condos that are only used for vacation rentals. The owner lives elsewhere and rents it out, and it's empty if no one is renting it.

Some are nothing but a couch or a bedroom in someone else's house. If it's a room, you get the room to yourself, but the owner/host is there. You share common areas like the kitchen, bathroom, and living spaces.

Some are a separate part of a house, a small apartment-like space either in the basement, or attic, or beside the house. The owner/host lives on the property, but the space rented is completely separate and private for the guest.

I'm sure there are other ways it is done, but these three are the basic situations.

All of these rentals can be almost anywhere in a city, from a terrible neighborhood clear up to the fancy beachside accommodations, and the prices you pay reflect the area as well as type of space you're renting.

This particular homeowner apparently lived in his house and rented out one upstairs bedroom and one downstairs bedroom through AirBnB, and the guests would share kitchen/bathroom/common living space with him if they were both there at the same time. It looks like he rented it out for around $30/night, which, if he rented out both rooms even half of the month, he'd be able to bring in an extra $10K+ every year.

Legal question: Can anyone comment on how long police in Utah can question a POI before that person has to be released if not charged with a crime? Federal law? Would any of this explain the length/extent of the overnight search?
The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you. They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you're suspected of a serious crime, eg murder. You can be held without charge for up to 14 days If you are arrested under the Terrorism Act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude