Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was so strange that LE wouldn't identify the drop-off destination, so I asked my husband who's retired LE. He said LE wouldn't want to give out that info unless they needed the public's help, especially if the destination included a suspect. They wouldn't want the suspect to know at this point that they're looking at him. In an active investigation like this, they don't want to give out too much info and have the public interfere or show up at the site. So, I go back to believing that LE has much more info than they are revealing and maybe have revealed this info to the family, which is why they aren't rushing out to SLC. They obviously don't need the public's help at this point and see it as a possible obstruction to their investigation.

...except they are asking for help YOUNG WOMAN VANISHES: Police turn to public for help as search for missing university student intensifies

I have all of the same theories because we don't know anything. I have not seen the FB info.

It throws me that LE is not pushing hard then with her face out there though etc. If she has been kidnapped and is out of state and they did not expand the search, it will not reflect well and they are losing critical time. On the other hand, they may know something no one else does and are doing things and tracing things all are unaware of.

It appears she left for NSLC from the airport of her own accord. It appears she left the Lyft vehicle safely and of her own accord at her destination. What happened from thereon out though is hard to say. I think that is all we really know.

Twice this week I have seen PCs in which LE did not attend, contribute or do any of their own. The last one were two people missing of their own accord. I think LE did know something we did not. They still however put out a BOLO for the vehicle, etc. Here though, there is no vehicle, at least not that we are aware of.

LE also somewhere in some article I read today here said they were aware her friends are talking or speaking out (paraphrasing). Yet LE still offered no comment of much as far as information or thoughts or concerns.

It is really hard to say. We all just hope she is found safe, I know that.

Jmo.

I doubt they anticipated the best friend mentioning the kidnapping in colorado. JMO.

Ha! I didn’t even think about that.

I was just annoyed at its absurdity, and it didn’t occur to me what’s now going to happen:

An influx of completely pointless tips, that cause nothing but aggravation.
Precisely.

I feel for LE right now. They don't need to be wasting their time chasing red herrings.

Between that train wreck of a pc and being forced to listen to that New Age Bull Fight music blaring outside,
I'll bet they're all wishing right about now that they had called out sick today.

The friends were obviously well-intentioned.
But intent and effect are 2 very different things.
I think they meant well, but the effect may be that they've done more harm than good here by bringing up that separate, and most likely unrelated, CO case, and insinuating there's a link.

JMO.

Last edited:
I have all of the same theories because we don't know anything. I have not seen the FB info.

It throws me that LE is not pushing hard then with her face out there though etc. If she has been kidnapped and is out of state and they did not expand the search, it will not reflect well and they are losing critical time. On the other hand, they may know something no one else does and are doing things and tracing things all are unaware of.

It appears she left for NSLC from the airport of her own accord. It appears she left the Lyft vehicle safely and of her own accord at her destination. What happened from thereon out though is hard to say. I think that is all we really know.

Twice this week I have seen PCs in which LE did not attend, contribute or do any of their own. The last one were two people missing of their own accord. I think LE did know something we did not. They still however put out a BOLO for the vehicle, etc. Here though, there is no vehicle, at least not that we are aware of.

LE also somewhere in some article I read today here said they were aware her friends are talking or speaking out (paraphrasing). Yet LE still offered no comment of much as far as information or thoughts or concerns.

It is really hard to say. We all just hope she is found safe, I know that.

Jmo.
Great post! Agree with everything you said!

Katelin's case still haunts me. It was such a sad and frustrating case to follow. I think of her often.
Same as 19 yr Bryce Laspisa college student who went missing crashing his SUV into Castaic Lake CA Aug. 30, 2013. Sadly he was never found I presume his remains are buried out there somewhere.

Her hometown in El Segundo, CA is 7 miles from where I live. Granted, there's thousands of people in this area, but I have seen nothing on my FB about her case which I find odd. I'd think there would be more "activity" on SM from family & friends in this area, unless they know more than the 2 friends in Salt Lake City do....I don't know. It's just odd IMO

I live in El Segundo, and I've seen it on parent network and mom swap FB pages, as well as shared by individual FB users. I'm not on IG, but both of my boys knew about it from IG, so it must be posted over there, as well. But she disappeared in Salt Lake City, not El Segundo. Not much we can do from here, and her friends from ES who have any pertinent info about her have most likely already contacted LE - or not, if they don't want to give them certain info.

I doubt they anticipated the best friend mentioning the kidnapping in colorado. JMO.

I agree, when they said they knew they were talking it was prior to the friends' PC. I have no doubt LE most likely did not anticipate that.

All we can do is wait and hope from updates from LE on this one. JMO
And as usual, if anyone reading here has any info that is relevant to ML being missing, please phone it in.
And MacKenzie if you can see this, please let your friends and family know you are ok. You could just let the SLCPD know that you are fine and it would be over.
Chi

Based on my knowledge from my profession- I am starting to lean towards LE knowing, or suspecting where she is or at least who she was with.

I know we all think the Lyft ride was legit- but it’s possible LE doesn’t think that and don’t want to out the driver and play their cards just yet and Lyft is working with them.

It’s also possible, LE is in contact with ML but not prepared to disclose that due to her own safety or the safety of others yet. Her family may know which may explain their lack of urgency (seemingly, behind the scenes who knows).

I really think this isn’t voluntary but may not be foul play. In that grey area in between.

Unless that's to throw off the suspect(s). They have to say SOMETHING and that's a common request. We request your help, but we're not actually going to tell you anything about the case or HOW you can help - i.e., this was her drop-off point, *advertiser censored* lives here, or it's an area known for drugs, this is the suspect's car. How exactly is the public supposed to help when LE has said nothing?

Yea, it seems general and just a protocol to say “we need your help”, but not give any actual info. I understand why they do it though. It’s like Molly Tibbits, they knew more than they were saying and didn’t release info until they had enough evidence to actually arrest a suspect. It’s so hard to commit a crime like this now. Yea, it happens but with surveillance video just about everywhere, apps tracking you, cell phones tracking you, etc...it’s tough. I bet LE knows more than they are letting on if this is indeed a kidnap type situation.

Regarding whether LE thought/knew the friends were going to mention the CO situation, I'd say they would have had at least a clue that they were. It's just my opinion.
The CO case is probably a domestic, but I can't say for sure that it just occurred today. Actually, it was the 911 calls made today. I hope that woman is safe also.
Just saying and not trying to de-rail. We are all hungry for info, and that's an outlier there.
If ML is still in SLC/Utah, then where the heck is she and why hasn't she let anyone know she's ok?
Just because LE has no current info indicating she is in danger, well we have seen cases that did evolve into that arena many times before.
Count me in the skeptics' corner, cause I don't know.
jmo
Chi

Based on my knowledge from my profession- I am starting to lean towards LE knowing, or suspecting where she is or at least who she was with.

I know we all think the Lyft ride was legit- but it’s possible LE doesn’t think that and don’t want to out the driver and play their cards just yet and Lyft is working with them.

It’s also possible, LE is in contact with ML but not prepared to disclose that due to her own safety or the safety of others yet. Her family may know which may explain their lack of urgency (seemingly, behind the scenes who knows).

I really think this isn’t voluntary but may not be foul play. In that grey area in between.

I love this summary, and I hope the truth is close to this and ML comes home.

Everytime I enter a Lyft I literally say joking, "You aren't going to kill me are you?"

There's a nervous, collective laugh every time.

I know the girls meant well but now I fear many people will focus on the CO kidnapping instead of looking in NSLC or other local areas. IMO police need to come out and say if they believe the CO case is connected or not before this gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara