Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner pointed out that maybe she was weary of being dropped off at her house - not wanting the Lyft driver to know where she lives. So maybe she was dropped off a block or so away so it wouldn't be obvious where she lived? And something happened in between that walk and her walk home? This is something a few of my college friends do. But I am not sure if she would do something like that.

My partner pointed out that maybe she was weary of being dropped off at her house - not wanting the Lyft driver to know where she lives. So maybe she was dropped off a block or so away so it wouldn't be obvious where she lived? And something happened in between that walk and her walk home? This is something a few of my college friends do. But I am not sure if she would do something like that.

Good thought. This is classic. I do this all the time.

FTR driver is female, fwiw, per the above article / BBM:

“Lyft stated that Lueck's route "contained no irregularities and ended at the destination entered by the rider," and the driver continued to give rides immediately after her ride ended.”
U of U student not heard from since Monday

(ETA: Please see note further downstream where @Peppery astutely points out that this statement is not clear and can be read as “her” referring to Kensie, and not the driver.)

Last edited:
That seems more dangerous than the alternative, but it’s possible.

I've done that during daylight hours as a safety precaution.

I'd never do it after 1 a.m.

At that time of day/night, it increases, rather than decreases, risk of harm.

JMO.

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking is that walking around at 1 a.m. in SLC is probably more dangerous than just having them drop you off at your house. It also seems unlikely to me that she would take this precaution if she was taking a Lyft at 1 a.m. in the first place.

That seems more dangerous than the alternative, but it’s possible.
Agreed. Since she has roommates, I would think she may not be as worried about being dropped off at home. Also, wasn’t it mentioned up thread that she just recently started seeing someone new? I’m thinking her destination may have something to do with that. MOO

RSBM:

I'm not sure anybody's in the clear yet. We haven't heard that from LE.

Like you, I'm wondering if her Lyft destination was a drop-off somewhere to meet up with a date.

That's a very real possibility in my mind.

JMO.
Maybe...if it wasn’t 1am on a Monday night? I’m way outside her age group but seems most people would be in bed and have work/school the next morning.

Agreed. Since she has roommates, I would think she may not be as worried about being dropped off at home. Also, wasn’t it mentioned up thread that she just recently started seeing someone new? I’m thinking her destination may have something to do with that. MOO

That destination is going to tell us a hell of a lot.

This will all start making a bit more sense, once we have that information.

Good thought. This is classic. I do this all the time.

FTR driver is female, fwiw, per the above article / BBM:

“Lyft stated that Lueck's route "contained no irregularities and ended at the destination entered by the rider," and the driver continued to give rides immediately after her ride ended.”
U of U student not heard from since Monday
I take that to mean “immediately after Kenzie’s ride ended”. It’s not super clear.

Maybe...if it wasn’t 1am on a Monday night? I’m way outside her age group but seems most people would be in bed and have work/school the next morning.

I am Kenzie's age and this just might be me personally but I would think I would be too exhausted to go see a romantic interest/partner after a trip like that. I would want to go home, get all my stuff put away, most likely shower, and go to bed. Especially since she has class and work typically. But this just might be me. If she was really interested in said person maybe that was enough to make it worth stopping at that person's place? I don't see her stopping by at someone's place at 1 a.m. that she barely knows however.

Earlier I mentioned the first thing I want to do is see my pets after a trip, but if she had a romantic partner, maybe this was first on her list?

It is interesting, for lack of a better term, that so far LE has not divulged what her destination was.

I take that to mean “immediately after Kenzie’s ride ended”. It’s not super clear.

Good catch, I didn’t notice that! I was reading it as the driver was female. You are certainly correct it’s not clear. Perhaps this does in fact refer to Kensie, and not the driver. If so, my bad!

Last edited:
I am Kenzie's age and this just might be me personally but I would think I would be too exhausted to go see a romantic interest/partner after a trip like that. I would want to go home, get all my stuff put away, most likely shower, and go to bed. Especially since she has class and work typically. But this just might be me. If she was really interested in said person maybe that was enough to make it worth stopping at that person's place? I don't see her stopping by at someone's place at 1 a.m. that she barely knows however.
Yes that too. Flying always exhausts me and airports make me feel grimy. Nothing better than a shower and your own bed. I imagine she had an emotional week as well. With seeing her family, grandmas funeral. I’d totally just want to crash.

Yes that too. Flying always exhausts me and airports make me feel grimy. Nothing better than a shower and your own bed. I imagine she had an emotional week as well. With seeing her family, grandmas funeral. I’d totally just want to crash.

(Flashbacks of discussions about this from Shanann’s thread...)

Earlier I mentioned the first thing I want to do is see my pets after a trip, but if she had a romantic partner, maybe this was first on her list?

It is interesting, for lack of a better term, that so far LE has not divulged what her destination was.
That’s exactly what I was thinking... by now LE certainly knows where her ride ended, but by not giving out that info it is definitely telling IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535