GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Martin threatened to kill Michele and himself with a butcher knife after she caught him looking at *advertiser censored* in August of 2000. After hearing screaming and seeing what was going on, a friend at the house called police. The MacNeills' son was able to get the knife away from his father shortly before police arrived, and Martin spent the night at Wasatch Mental Health."

Omg!

Yes, this is OMG. The red flags are waiving crazy in the wind and they have been for years!

Yes, they only had one son, Damian. This case is so sad and has really affected me. There is a video of Damian throughout his life on the support site for his mother... seemed a beautiful young and intelligent man, destroyed by his mother's death. He took his life in 2010 on his mother's birthday.. :(

Depression is auto-aggression. I think he committed suicide because he was so angry at himself for sticking by his father for a while after Michele died.

I'm bawling! I didn't know that!
There are many skeletons in the closet of that home.
I don't know the circumstances of the suicide, but I'd guess Alexis is lucky to still be alive.
THIS MAN IS SKARRYY.!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Skeletons out the closet? It's just falling out, bones and skulls.

My guess is things haven't been right in this home for a looooooooong time. One thing that it's important to think about is that when just one person in a family is sick, the others are sick, too. I think Martin has been a dictator in this family and they have all suffered from it.

Has anyone seen the statements that Gypsy actually wore some of Michele's clothing to a court hearing? Diabolical these two, made for each other...

Yes, and I've even seen pictures of her in Michele's blazer. Smiling. I get sick to my stomach.

Then there is this about MacNeill for those just now following the trial:

"Another case, in which he's charged with felony forcible sexual abuse, is pending in state court."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/1...octor-who-allegedly-gave-wife-fatal-cocktail/

How much more damage is this man behind?

"Judge Derek Pullan began the proceedings Tuesday by addressing some outstanding issues with attorneys, including whether the mental health records of MacNeill’s daughter Rachel MacNeill -- who testified in a preliminary hearing in 2012 that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder -- will be released for the defense to use during the trial, and whether to grant a defense motion to exclude two prosecution toxicology experts from testifying."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/10/15/martin-macneill-trial-jury-selection-begins

Ok, I get really frustrated with some people here on WS and elsewhere using a diagnosis to explain and unexplain behaviour. This seems to be the case whether it is the victim, perpetrator or witness who's in the spotlight. People are not a mental disease - they have their personalities first and foremost.

So what if she's bipolar? So what if she shows emotion? She's there and she's not hiding anything and she's going through some extremely difficult times.

I'm not a verified psychologist on this site, but I have done many years of psychology studies. It's a strong belief that people that get diagnosed with mental illness experienced some kind of neglect in their childhood. You can go through life alright still, but when a tragedy happens, the mental illness comes out.

I see so many signs with this family. Vanessa, Rachel, Damian....

The attorney is trying to put words in her mouth and she is holding her ground.. Doing a great job!

Agreed!

I was able to get almost everything of Alexis and Rachel's testimony today. I think they both did an outstanding job in court and they balanced each other very well. We got to hear a lot of information from both of them that completed the picture as to what happened and what kind of man MM is.

As a jury member I think I'd be thinking" look at that poor woman!"
Her mother's death destroyed her.

Maybe I'll be able to see her by dark today! :mad:

The defense is doing its job. Atty is being more than fair and considerate. However, defense is pointing out flaws and errors and contradictions in this witnesses testimony putting doubt in the jurors' minds. An uncaring defense atty could really pick apart this witness. I respect this attorney in her cross examination. She is very patient.

This defense attorney very hostile with Alexis, after being so obsequious with everyone else. :mad:

Sorry, on stupid HLN time delay. :mad::mad:

What is his name?
The guy that "smiles "...

Sorry, but the defense is mainly nit-picking details, mostly out of context to attempt to impeach the witnesses. They have absolutely no major impeachments to date. At this very instant, the witness is asked to take a single fact totally out of context.

I don't know how someone as delicate as Rachel could ever be 'prepared' for her testimony. IMO she relives it again and can't or won't cope with what happened that day and what it meant.

And IMO the defense is deliberately trying to make this witness have an even harder time understanding. And exactly what is the point this atty is trying to make. What is the point?

Rachel is not very prepared. Wouldn't you think the state would have given her documents of her interviews?

She is really struggling. She just said, " I don't have a photographic memory".... Bad prepping. Do not offer anything. Answer yes or no or say you don't understand the question.

They may have tried to prepare her but I think it may have been difficult. She seems to be having problems recalling what she testified to on direct just an hour ago.

I don't know how someone as delicate as Rachel could ever be 'prepared' for her testimony. IMO she relives it again and can't or won't cope with what happened that day and what it meant.

And IMO the defense is deliberately trying to make this witness have an even harder time understanding. And exactly what is the point this atty is trying to make. What is the point?

I agree. It is not like this was yesterday.. IT was more than 6 years ago.. She is doing great. She is not trying to evade, She is being honest and it is coming across that way. Truthful and honest and heartbreaking..

She is a great witness.

Sadly I have no choice!
Beggars cannot choose - I hate that! All the commercials!
Having to watch the old blonde woman's segment and the interviews of government "people "...

I need my laptop back!

Don't get me started on this asinine so-called Newsmakers! Between those and the commercials, we get probably only 20 minutes or less actual court stuff each hour. But I can't get my laptop volume up high enough and my phone stutters the video. :banghead:

Who just said this awful lawyer was being nice to Rachel?

She is the one who brought in the mental state of Rachel.

Sorry, but the defense is mainly nit-picking details, mostly out of context to attempt to impeach the witnesses. They have absolutely no major impeachments to date. At this very instant, the witness is asked to take a single fact totally out of context.

Thank you and let's hope the jury sees it this way too.........

I was the one who raised the point of bi-polar. It was not minor4th. I only pointed it out to perhaps explain her delivery. Not content of Testimony. Nothing more. Nothing less. Given that my Clients are dual diagnosis I don't Judge. Merely an observation. End of subject for me :seeya:

I'm surprised at what she does remember!
I can't even recall anything about going to the funeral home for my mom.
If questioned all I could say is the "guy " asked if it was OK to paint my mother's fingernails.
I don't remember the drive to the burial ... who exactly came to our home - nothing ...
And the death was not sudden!

IMO She's a superstar
*I was 33 when my mom died.
Rachel was 27?

sorry, but the defense is mainly nit-picking details, mostly out of context to attempt to impeach the witnesses. They have absolutely no major impeachments to date. At this very instant, the witness is asked to take a single fact totally out of context.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minor, why do you think the prosecution put her on the stand? Whether she comes across as credible or not, this is beyond excruciating to watch. I'm not getting a sense of what they're trying to get from her.

They need her testimony about the wet pile of clothes she found in the garage. She was also a witness to the Gypsy/Temple encounter. And she testified about how Martin said Michele was found in the tub.

Some of her testimony may be duplicative of what Alexis will testify to, but it's more credible coming from two witnesses as opposed to just having Alexis testify and taking a chance that the jury may not believe her.

Don't get me started on this asinine so-called Newsmakers! Between those and the commercials, we get probably only 20 minutes or less actual court stuff each hour. But I can't get my laptop volume up high enough and my phone stutters the video. :banghead:

I had that problem with the volume, I searched through my lappy till I found the equalizer and pushed everything up to the top and now I can hear it well without earbuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89