GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a conversation with dad about the will......objection......witness making faces after saying yes it was bazar..........

Approach....

Sorry, this witness has a bit of an attitude problem. I totally understand the sentiments but this is not the way to behave in court. Prosecutor should have counseled her on proper behavior.

Sorry, this witness has a bit of an attitude problem. I totally understand the sentiments but this is not the way to behave in court. Prosecutor should have counseled her on proper behavior.
I agree. Her odd behavior may put doubts in the jurors' minds.

Is Rachel considered a very important witness? She seems to be having a really tough time as anyone would. I just hope the jury can hear the substance of what she is saying and not be turned off by the emotion. JMO

Trust me, this isn't an act. She appears to be suffering from extreme anxiety and is working hard to keep control of her emotions. She's having trouble concentrating on the questions because of this.

If she can just hang in there .....things are not looking too good for daddy poo. MM is EVIL!!!!!

I wonder is this sadness and panic attacks or supressed anger?
If it were me I'd want to jump off the stand and choke him.
Moo

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Don't want to start a rumor and I may have cases confused. Was it not reported that the MacNeils had a daughter who was bipolar?

Here is the problem. She appears unstable. The jurors may think she has an agenda. She is not a good prosecution witness.

Trust me, this isn't an act. She appears to be suffering from extreme anxiety and is working hard to keep control of her emotions. She's having trouble concentrating on the questions because of this.

and PTSD

I agree. She has obviously been tramumatized by this whole event and is just having a very hard time being on the stand. Realize the sisters have also been waiting for this day for a very long time and it's very important to them. Very high anxiety and emotions here :(

I agree. She has obviously been tramumatized by this whole event and is just having a very hard time being on the stand. Realize the sisters have also been waiting for this day for a very long time and it's very important to them. Very high anxiety and emotions here :(

High Anxiety! - that's it
Thank you!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Here is the problem. She appears unstable. The jurors may think she has an agenda. She is not a good prosecution witness.

I don't think she appears unstable. She looks stressed and overwhelmed by the circumstances.. Not unstable. She just looks stricken.

Don't want to start a rumor and I may have cases confused. Was it not reported that the MacNeils had a daughter who was bipolar?

I read an article stating that the judge was considering whether to allow evidence that Alexis had been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder.

Listen very carefully to my question and only respond to the question......Conversation about dad talking about his will.......yes he talked about his will........witness, alexis, damien, mom......what did he say about his will.....he wanted to go over everything about his will.....Alexis would be made executor if anything where to happen even when mom was sitting there.........judge talking....just what did your father say.....he went over that Alexis would be in charge upon death.....in the presence of your mother......yes....did he offer anything to you as children.....he gave 5000 dollars the other children.....very unusual....never done anything like that before.....gave each one 5000 dollars.....had never done anything like this before.....it will be a gift.......when did this happen in relationship to your mom's death............she believes it was Easter shortly before mom's death........

Rachael I am going to ask you about the conversation you had with your dad April 11, 2007...hes said Ada found my mother and he went into the bathroom .....did he describe how he found your mother.....he went through step by step how it happened.....Ada had gone in and found mother....called to father...he went in and found mother in position he showed them........

Witness is going to demonstrate the fathers demonstration that day........witness walks over to tub......shows were she was standing.......I can't really see te tub and what witness is doing.........witness seems vague......

Sorry I missed a lot of the conversation......I am intrigued by witness's gestures and facial looks......she is really interesting......seems like she wants to say so much more but has been told what she can or cannot say and is being very careful.....but the eye rolling in not a good look for a witness.......time for me to eat lunch now.....

Unfortunately I think her testimony might actually help MacNeill...so sad, she is just showing her true grief, but it's not coming out the right way for the case. I feel so bad for her. The reason I feel it might help him in the end, is because the jury might think the daughters were so upset with him having an affair on their mom that they had anger towards him already. Thus it's clouding their perception. I hope the jury doesn't see it that way.

"Judge Derek Pullan began the proceedings Tuesday by addressing some outstanding issues with attorneys, including whether the mental health records of MacNeill’s daughter Rachel MacNeill -- who testified in a preliminary hearing in 2012 that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder -- will be released for the defense to use during the trial, and whether to grant a defense motion to exclude two prosecution toxicology experts from testifying."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/10/15/martin-macneill-trial-jury-selection-begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB