GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving reading all you peeps's posts and the info on the links.
I am following it the day after it airs, so these comments are invaluable. Thanks for sharing your info. I miss so many of you, but will have more time soon.

What a disgusting excuse for a human being he is.

Finally getting caught up, watching Gypsy's testimony.

Wow! She almost seems to be enjoying herself! Forget about seeing a man who has allegedly murdered his wife to be with you - I would be so embarrassed just to discuss my participation in ruining someone's marriage. She seems almost flippant about it!

Ugh. What a despicable approach to life!

Someone help me out here. Alexis hasn't testified, has she? Is there a schedule somewhere of who is in queue to testify?
Dom,
Compliments of DMacky in above post:

http://thetrialdivas.com/2013/10/22/leaked-witness-list-for-state-in-martin-macneill-trial/

Here is a 20/20 episode the girls did about their dad. Notice how calm and well spoken sweet Rachel is in this interview. She had to be scared to death to take the stand and testify against her father! Plus it was probably the first time she had to be in the same room with this monster in years! I think she did good on the stand, considering all she has been through. I cannot imagine being in her shoes.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/wifes-de...or-revealed/story?id=12982985&singlePage=true

She really did well considering the nightmare she has endured.

"The diagnosis of drowning is one of the most difficult in forensic pathology. Drowning is death through the aspiration of fluid into the air passages. Signs of immersion only demonstrate submersion of the body for a period of time but are not signs of drowning. The best signs of drowning are froth around the mouth and nostrils and lung distension. Lung histology in drowning victims shows non-specific lesions such as "emphysema aquosum" and alveolar edema........The diagnosis of drowning is based on police investigations, forensic autopsy, microscopic analysis, and biochemical tests, but never solely on pathology findings."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14752383

I did not know that a diagnosis of drowning was such a difficult one! I hope if/when the pathologists who made the original cause of death determination testify in this trial that they "man up" (or "woman up") to the fact that they were likely incorrect in their determinations.

There are some other newer, very sophisticated computer measurement based methods used for examining the cells of the alveoli - which are the specialty cells within the lung where oxygen and carbon dioxide are passed into and out of the bloodstream. They actually look at the shape of the cells, which become distorted during a drowning. Plus there is hemorrhaging within the lung which is what produces the bloody froth.

It does sound like Dr. Perper is correct, that she drowned.

---------

I believe it was as the EMT's worked on her she had froth around her mouth, none on Dr. mac neill who supposedly did cpr.. she also had a lot of fluid come out of her lungs. I read this on PDF pages a bit back. I do believe he held her head under water to drown her.:seeya:

---------

I believe it was as the EMT's worked on her she had froth around her mouth, none on Dr. mac neill who supposedly did cpr.. she also had a lot of fluid come out of her lungs. I read this on PDF pages a bit back. I do believe he held her head under water to drown her.:seeya:

Agree

:scared:
I always hold your opinions in high regard minor4th. Perhaps I need to open my eyes a bit more as to how the prosecution is doing

Eh, I might be overly critical - used to Juan. But for some reason, all of the attorneys in this case seem very confusing and somewhat less prepared than I would expect them to be. There are still witnesses and evidence to be presented, so we'll see.

THE STATE MICHELE WAS FOUND IN APRIL 11TH 2007

7:40AM – MM picks up Ada, Sabrina, Elle and Gisselle.
The children stated Michele was dressed in a dark jogging outfit, with her hair pulled back.

11:35 – 11:46AM – Ada finds Michele in tub
When she entered the bathroom her mother was in the tub, which was about one-quarter full of reddish-brown water. Ada saw Michele fully clothed in a dark jogging suit, presumable the same jogging suit she had on when they left for school. Head was above water level. Michele was laying in the tub with her back against the wall of the tub her head near the faucet and her feet at the opposite end of the tub.

11:55AM - Neighbour Kristi Daniels and Angie Aguilar arrived before this time
Kristi observed Michele's head near the top of the tub, near the faucet. The water had been drained out of the tub. Kristi reported Michele was only clothed in a dark, long sleeve shirt. Angie claims hair was partially wet and also reported the tub to be drained.

11:55AM – Kristi Daniels' husband Doug Daniels arrives before this time, but after KD and AA

Doug Daniels and Angie Aguilar believed the shirt to be white and pulled up exposing Michele's breasts. The black shirt was on over Michele's white LDS under garments and the shirt was pulled up exposing these garments and breasts. The long, black sleeved shirt, the garment tios and bra were all cut by paramedics when they arrived at the scene.

Martin MacNeill showed and demonstrated to daughters Alexis and Rachel how he found Michele; she was draped over the side of the tub, head first, with her head in the water. MM also gave this same description to Dr. Frikke; he found Michele completele submerged in the tub with her legs hanging out over the edge of the tup as he described to Alexis.

Martin also told Officer Motsinger on scene he had found Michele hunched over tub, with head in water.

So it is everybody else vs. MM on how Michele was dressed and found.

I just don't understand why MM would lie about how her body was positioned and how she was dressed, just discrediting himself.

So it's Tuesday and new court day.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch today, so please keep those updates coming! :)

I'm really curious about how the prosecutors will take GW's testimony forward today.

So it's Tuesday and new court day.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch today, so please keep those updates coming! :)

I'm really curious about how the prosecutors will take GW's testimony forward today.

He better step it up and do better than Friday's showing or all is lost in my eyes.
He has to go after Gypsy more firmly with his questioning of her. It wasn't a "casual" affair!!! and that's what she is making it out to be. :banghead:

Eh, I might be overly critical - used to Juan. But for some reason, all of the attorneys in this case seem very confusing and somewhat less prepared than I would expect them to be. There are still witnesses and evidence to be presented, so we'll see.

LOL I hear ya. So there is still hope yet :scared:

Never mind. I found the witness list.

So, Alexis' testimony, to this point, was only as it regarded Ada, right? She is still going to testify on her own?

Alexis' testimony was not in front of the jury.

I have a gal pal coming for coffee shortly. I hope she has cleared out by 10:30EST. My bad :facepalm:

He better step it up and do better than Friday's showing or all is lost in my eyes.
He has to go after Gypsy more firmly with his questioning of her. It wasn't a "casual" affair!!! and that's what she is making it out to be. :banghead:

I sure hope that the prosecution can ask her about the engagement and ring MM presented to her in the presence of her parents. Casual, indeed.

I think I am going to join you all today. I wasn't aware of this case until a friend told me about it and was surprised to find out I was not following. I have not trial watched since the Arias trial. Well, he got me enough interested to read up and I think I am fairly caught up. This MM is one weird, suspicious character. His past is intriguing and I think it is fairly telling that Gypsies family have come out and did nothing much for her character but help to add put more suspicion on her part in this.

On another note for those of you that watched the Jodi A case. Michael Keiffer has written another article bashing Juan for his conduct during the trial. Interesting. Wonder what his beef is?

I agree. So frustrating.....he acts like to me he is preforming more of an office interview!

I think I am going to join you all today. I wasn't aware of this case until a friend told me about it and was surprised to find out I was not following. I have not trial watched since the Arias trial. Well, he got me enough interested to read up and I think I am fairly caught up. This MM is one weird, suspicious character. His past is intriguing and I think it is fairly telling that Gypsies family have come out and did nothing much for her character but help to add put more suspicion on her part in this.

On another not for those of you that watched the Jodi A case. Michael Keiffer has written another article bashing Juan for his conduct during the trial. Interesting. Wonder what his beef is.

Glad your here. I do remember a local commenting during Arias Trial there was something personal between the two. What I don't know.

Does the trial start at 10.30, eastern standard time? I will have to put on HLN and see if I have a pair of working ear buds for the laptop for WATs. I think the only pair I have left only has hearing in one bud. I went through so many with JA's trial.

"The diagnosis of drowning is one of the most difficult in forensic pathology. Drowning is death through the aspiration of fluid into the air passages. Signs of immersion only demonstrate submersion of the body for a period of time but are not signs of drowning. The best signs of drowning are froth around the mouth and nostrils and lung distension. Lung histology in drowning victims shows non-specific lesions such as "emphysema aquosum" and alveolar edema........The diagnosis of drowning is based on police investigations, forensic autopsy, microscopic analysis, and biochemical tests, but never solely on pathology findings."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14752383

I did not know that a diagnosis of drowning was such a difficult one! I hope if/when the pathologists who made the original cause of death determination testify in this trial that they "man up" (or "woman up") to the fact that they were likely incorrect in their determinations.

There are some other newer, very sophisticated computer measurement based methods used for examining the cells of the alveoli - which are the specialty cells within the lung where oxygen and carbon dioxide are passed into and out of the bloodstream. They actually look at the shape of the cells, which become distorted during a drowning. Plus there is hemorrhaging within the lung which is what produces the bloody froth.

It does sound like Dr. Perper is correct, that she drowned.

Just throwing some things out here...but I do believe he drowned her.
I think he drugged her up, put her in the tub and held her head back by her hair and ran the faucet in her face/down her nose and throat. Kind of like water boarding her. Maybe her nose bled, that would explain the "red water" little Ada saw. I hope and pray Michele didn't suffer very long. It sickens me to think about what he did to that beautiful woman.

Does the trial start at 10.30, eastern standard time? I will have to put on HLN and see if I have a pair of working ear buds for the laptop for WATs. I think the only pair I have left only has hearing in one bud. I went through so many with JA's trial.

Yes 10:30 EST

Oh man Gal Pal was suppose to be here for 9 a.m. LATE!!!! Grrrr LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members