GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love hearing the word "taint" as much as possible first thing in the morning. Thanks, judge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This has probably been brought up, but why didn't the prosecuters interview Ada so there would be a neutral party. I don't understand why they had Alexis question her. jmo

Sending vibes for strength and equanimity for Ada.

Is there anything the State can do to show this Judge's extreme bias and get him removed at this point?

The judge, imho, is not biased, but going by law. We may not like it, but, if he makes the wrong decision, it would come up in an appeal. I'd rather have limited testimony than none at all, and, in the end, he did allow the Justice Center interview in.

Basically, for anyone reading that may be confused, the state will not be able to interview Ada on the stand to establish her testimony. Only her CJC interview will be entered. So, nothing she has stated after that interview will be allowed to be entered by the state. The defense must be very,very careful because if they inadvertantly ask Ada something not established in that CJC video, and she answers, it then becomes record and the state can expand on it. IMO the defense will not ask many questions at all just out of caution.

The judge, imho, is not biased, but going by law. We may not like it, but, if he makes the wrong decision, it would come up in an appeal. I'd rather have limited testimony than none at all, and, in the end, he did allow the Justice Center interview in.
Agreed . Ruling was fair and reasonable. Additionally, there is a child involved here, let us not forget.

Basically, for anyone reading that may be confused, the state will not be able to interview Ada on the stand to establish her testimony. Only her CJC interview will be entered. So, nothing she has stated after that interview will be allowed to be entered by the state. The defense must be very,very careful because if they inadvertantly ask Ada something not established in that CJC video, and she answers, it then becomes record and the state can expand on it. IMO the defense will not ask many questions at all just out of caution.

And......I believe is the Def decides not to cross-exam Ada on the CJC interview, then the Prosecution may have nothing to question for re-direct?

When was CJC interview videotaped? Thanks.

If the defense is smart, they won't cross Ada at all. Let the interview stand and move on. They won't win any points with the jury either. This is a child who witnessed the horrible death of her Mother. JMO

I thought of that Angel but, they have to address the issue of her not seeing Michele bent over the tub as Marty told others. I'm not sure how they'll handle this. I don't expect them to ask her much if they do at all.

Morning everyone. :coffeews:

I concur --- if the defense has three brain cells, they won't cross Ada much, if at all.

Gosh we know you want to establish an expert but is this a Fry or Daubert hearing for crying out loud? lol

I heard all the testimony concerning Ada, but took my dog outside to do her business right after. Just got back on, can someone tell me who this witness is?

I'm hoping the defense thinks they're smarter than a 12 year old. I think MacNeill enjoys tormenting his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71