GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all paid witness slant their testimony. That's what they get paid to do. In all fairness, it is often better to ignore all expert witness testimony.

You know on direct they will agree on everything. If on cross they have an excuse for everything (a la Richard Samuels) and concede absolutely nothing to the other side, then I'd call them a hack. If they admit the other side is correct in some ways but that overall they disagree, then it appears to me they are more or less honest.

all paid witness slant their testimony. That's what they get paid to do. In all fairness, it is often better to ignore all expert witness testimony.

I think when it comes to testimony about issues that have been tested and known values are available, it would be kind of hard to slant the science. Now, when you're talking an expert psychologist, that's a different story.

ETA: the information I have heard from Dr. Perper today is classic textbook.

Lol, I respectfully disagree. I think in most cases it is very helpful to hear both sides of the expert testimony. Most people are not educated in medical terminology an how the body works in crisis situations.

Funny that some of the information relayed by Dr. Perper is actually what is taught in elementary school. If you were anything like me, the stuff went right over my head in elementary school and it wasn't until later in life that I went ahead and got educated. Physiology is mind-blowing at times.

"Slanted testimony" was when Dr. Spitz opined that the sand particles in Caylee's skull was "brain dust"!

It seems that the defense was not aware of Dr. Perper a using MM's 2003 labs. But the prosecution is arguing that it was added because the defense's Dr. Lei gave the pros a report that was using it as a baseline.

How would a defense expert get the results if not by the State sending it to defense counsel and defense sending it on to expert?

I think when it comes to testimony about issues that have been tested and known values are available, it would be kind of hard to slant the science. Now, when you're talking an expert psychologist, that's a different story.

ETA: the information I have heard from Dr. Perper today is classic textbook.

Concur. Reason which I rarely trust expert testimony from a Psychologist versus that of a Psychiatrist. Science, numbers, testing.

Is jury present while Dr. Perper on the stand?

on HLN a 20 minute testimony lasts [ including commercials and pauses and discussion] 8 hours.

Is jury present while Dr. Perper on the stand?

The sequence this morning with him was something like this:
- Direct begins in front of jury.
- Objection leads to sidebar.
- Jury sent on morning break.
- Attys make their case to the judge.
- Perper called back in to testify w/o jury present.
- Attys wrap it up.
- Recess continues while judge works on his ruling.

That's where it stands now.

Dr. Matthew Lee, forensic pathologist from VA

from other high profile cases that has been the way it was....

Lee was in other high profile cases
O.J
C.A. he was CASEY's until $$ lack of kept him from being on the stand on her behalf

Please don't veer off topic...
go to the appropriate forum or thread for breaking news...
:gthanks:

They're back. Judge is going through what went on this morning. Hasn't given his ruling yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx