GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe I nodded off for most of the testimony today :banghead: price I pay for 12 hrs. of retail therapy yesterday in "your" Country. Well most posters Country LOL. Trying to catch up :scared: Thanks all for the updates :loveyou::seeya:

I spent most of the day (EEK) watching the trial on WAT. I think it was a really good day for the State. They got lots of info in from the inmates who said the same thing. Especially that Mac could run sprints (without a cane), and never talked about having MS, or Cancer. Plus calling his wife a B, and his f'n daughters. Not to mention that he was writing to his "wife" who was also in jail -- but they found out his real wife was dead. For him to say "no, they can't prove it" vs. "I didn't kill her" speaks volumes to me.

Yup - a really good day for the Defense, IMHO.

MOO

Mel

A wash for the state, at best, IMO. So what he called her a be etch, or that he called gypsy his wife. Snore. He did NOT confess to any of the inmates that he killed his wife.

Perhaps he was more intense than he was when his daughters were testifying because he is a full blown sociopath - narcissist - psychopath - so no emotions are felt (or shown)when you would expect them - one "expects" a deep reaction to hurting family members - just my own thoughts

A wash for the state, at best, IMO. So what he called her a be etch, or that he called gypsy his wife. Snore. He did NOT confess to any of the inmates that he killed his wife.

I hear ya. Yet I take the totality of testimony. Will the Jurors? That's what matters. This many years later after the fact......the witnesses are what they are. Again sometimes it is the sum of it all. It will be interesting to hear from Jurors after the verdict. If they choose to speak.

Yes, I tend to agree. The state has no smoking gun.... I think the state has had more than one hostile witness. Will the defense have that?

Still catching up on WAT. I really really like this Judge. He enunciates well. Sorry just something that gets my attention. Overall I think he runs a tight ship. Rules fairly based on Law and explains it well to lay folk like me LOL.

Someone needs to tell MacNeill that pushing the skin on his face like that is not a flattering look. Perhaps he should get a face lift, if he ever gets out of prison.

Ya!!! Effect of a high carb diet and lack of sunlight. Cant lend itself to a long life health wise :loveyou: He appears to have aged ten fold. Not that he would notice LOL

I was forced to listen to the trial today on HLN....besides the constant commercials I was so turned off by the 100% pro defense commentators. Personally I sort of thought that the "snitches" helped the prosecution and came across pretty well and held up very well to the cross.

Can't wait to see <mod snip> again tomorrow. Interesting how he told the other inmates <mod snip> was his wife.'

Some commented they did not understand all the comments on his physical abilities...to me everytime I hear about how strong he was I picture a guy standing with his wife in a tub and he did not just instinctively pull her out. That whole story is bogus.

For all the HLN watchers, I have a tip that you may or may not like. I record the HLN shows starting at 11 Central Standard Time, and don't start watching for at least an hour - sometimes more. Then I can scan through the commercials. Of course I check here in the meantime. I don't mind that I'm not watching in real time. By the end of the day, there's not much difference. Just thought I'd comment on it, as I read complaints from posters about all the breaks, and I solved that issue many moons ago.

I'm really concerned, though. I read that HLN is laying off a lot of people and rearranging their schedule eff. 11/18. Will they still cover trials? HLN is the last bastion for trial coverage. They'll be running Entertainment and some show called "What Would You Do?" during the day, when the regular shows now run. It saddens me, especially if a lot of the good hosts will lose their jobs.

I was forced to listen to the trial today on HLN....besides the constant commercials I was so turned off by the 100% pro defense commentators. Personally I sort of thought that the "snitches" helped the prosecution and came across pretty well and held up very well to the cross.

Can't wait to see <mod snip> again tomorrow. Interesting how he told the other inmates <mod snip> was his wife.'

Some commented they did not understand all the comments on his physical abilities...to me everytime I hear about how strong he was I picture a guy standing with his wife in a tub and he did not just instinctively pull her out. That whole story is bogus.

I keep getting logged off without doing anything...i just keep this window open and look every now and then. first day it is doing this...any ideas what is happening.

Thanks to all for the run down on today. I didnt get to watch much of it. I hope they are saving something good for the end, I am so afraid they have not proved this beyond a doubt. I know he did it, he should never be out again but I'm still afraid. I know the pills she ingested are important, hope it's enought to carry it. What really strikes me also is that ugly god forsaken tombstone. No one with an ounce of love would put that hideous thing up. :tantrum:

I keep getting logged off without doing anything...i just keep this window open and look every now and then. first day it is doing this...any ideas what is happening.

hi,

when you sign in....check the "remember me" box and you won't get timed out

:loveyou:

Glad to see Gypsy coming back...it seems that they were uncertain until the end today if they were calling her. I don't think they got as much out of her as they could have in the first go around. Any insights to where they may go with her...was something allowed relevant to her that they can dig into?
Also does the defense have to publish a witness list to anyone besides the court ?

http://www.courtchatter.com/2013/11/macneill-trial-day-11-recap.html

Inmate Poirier not able to testify today - Gypsy Willis back on stand tomorrow!

Former Utah County inmate Jason Poirier was supposed to be the last witness today. He was incarcerated with MacNeill after MacNeill was arrested for murder--after his release from the Texas penitentiary. After a long conference at the bench, Judge Pullan excused the jury early for the day. Once the jury was gone from the room, Pullan said that Poirier now wants to plead the fifth on some of his past "bad acts" that the defense wants to question him on. Some of these acts deal with taking steroids and selling fake Rolex watches.

The Judge will hear arguments on that topic in the morning at 8:15am, and the jury will come in at 9:00am. The State said that they have three witnesses left: one last inmate from Texas, former inmate Jason Poirier, and they are recalling witness Gypsy Willis!

Then the State will rest. It is not clear who the defense plans on calling. The only name mentioned in open court so far is Dr. Matthew Lee, to rebut the State's Medical Examiner's testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8