GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the risk the state is taking with him is worth it. The defense is going to destroy his credibility.

I think it is safe to say that Poirier's testimony will be compelling.

The defense is going to tear Poirer a brand new one. If not two new ones.

I still have a lot of issues with this Ultra Conservative Judge and he will be over ruled at some point. Not allowing the most crucial witness no matter her age to testify not only invalidates her as a person a young child, it's so damaging I dont really have the words. So Again, I need to state that this judge should be kicked off the bench. HE doesn't seem to KNOW the law; unless he can READ IT; he cannot rule on anything off the cuff; and seems to second guess himself. He is not a confident judge and I'd like to know how many murder trials he has sat on.

Any background on dis judge? Links, etc, I'd really appreciate.
cherry i agree with you. wow based on the immunity grant they must really want this guy. i have noticed this judge never really looks up o seldom does..it is looking at his computer. i don't think he is comfortable with the cameras (which is understandable) or frankly with his role in such a high profile murder case. I doubt it he has seen too many of these in Provo. no ability even on simple things to rule on the spot which i think speaks to his lack of experience. in the beginning I thought this was a good thing but now i don't think so.

It will be very interesting to see how the state attempts to mitigate the credibility and self-serving issues present with Poirer. <on the edge of my seat>

The defense is going to tear Poirer a brand new one. If not two new ones.

He'd better come across as credible since he has no connection with the Texas prison inmates. I hope he comes up with the identical testimony plus.

I have my doubts.

Ben Winslow &#8207;@BenWinslow 1m
Poirier is meeting with his lawyer. He'll now have to testify and cannot plead the 5th. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeillTrial

I think it is safe to say that Poirier's testimony will be compelling.

I tell you, it better be a verbatim description of Michelle's murder, because all this shenanigans are making me annoyed.

Remember we still have Gypsy back on the stand later today

Just the mere fact that he would talk about this over a jailhouse phone leads me to believe he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and lacks credibility.

I hope the state has their reasons.

The State anticipated how this Judge would rule and offered immunity to the witness. Rolex watches and steroids don't bother me as much as killing your spouse.

For some reason the Defense doesn't want Poirier to testify

wonder why

You never know. They tried tearing the other inmates a new one and IMHO it backfired. They came across as sincere. But who knows!

The other inmates didn't gain anything by testifying. Poirer stands to gain. That's a huge difference between him and the others. And I don't think the defense tried very hard to rip them. Poirer will be very different.

I still have a lot of issues with this Ultra Conservative Judge and he will be over ruled at some point. Not allowing the most crucial witness no matter her age to testify not only invalidates her as a person a young child, it's so damaging I dont really have the words. So Again, I need to state that this judge should be kicked off the bench. HE doesn't seem to KNOW the law; unless he can READ IT; he cannot rule on anything off the cuff; and seems to second guess himself. He is not a confident judge and I'd like to know how many murder trials he has sat on.

DEREK PULLAN, judge in the Martin MacNeill case, was appointed to the Fourth District Court in Utah County in 2003. He received his law degree from Brigham Young University in 1993, graduating *advertiser censored* laude.

He then worked as a clerk at the Utah Supreme Court until 1994. He served as deputy county attorney in Washington and Wasatch counties in Utah from 1994 to 1999. Judge Pullan was appointed to serve as the Wasatch County Attorney from 1999 to 2003. He was elected presiding judge in 2007 and served two terms. He is also an adjunct professor at the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University.

I'm looking for the link :doh: I read somewhere this morning that he is expected to testify that Martin told him of drugging and drowning his wife. BRB...

I have a totally different and opposite impression of this judge :dunno:

The Judge seems annoyed at the defense right now. Someone pass him a Xanax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo