GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every guy on that jury is thinking: "I bet I could lift a body out of that tub if I had to."

So...is he saying that Martin could not lift her out of the tub
OR
Martin could not lift her out without hurting himself?

"Judge, are you sure you won't reconsider our motion for a directed verdict, because our rebuttal case sucks!"

the shower stall and the rim - keeping marty from lifting Michele out of tub......

I'd can see where the specifics might cause him Martin possible back problems to get Michelle out of the tub, or maybe even make him unsuccessful ...but...
I can't see how that stopped him from trying...I don't know if he could have got her flatter in the tub once the water was out and tried that way.

If my husband was unresponsive, nothing on earth would stop me from trying to help him -he's a big guy, and I'm a foot shorter, so I might not be able to do it - but I sure would try as hard as I possibly could. I'd keep on trying until help got there.
I'd do that for any of my loved ones....actually, I'd do that for anyone. And I'm not even a doctor.
Sounded like the neighbor lady was very willing to try, Martin wasn't.

I'm going to go back and listen to Rachel's testimony this weekend. I thought she mentioned the wet bottoms along with the other bloody clothing piled in the garage?

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57034920-78/macneill-rachel-testified-martin.html.csp
Salt Lake Tribune - Salt Lake City, UT -- 10/24/13

Martin MacNeill’s daughter testifies in murder trial

Snipped:

"My dad repeatedly brought up the autopsy," Rachel MacNeill said.Rachel MacNeill also said that on the day of her mother’s death, she went into the garage at her parent’s home, and found a bloody, wet pile of clothes and towels, among some of her mother’s items that had been kept in the master bedroom of the home as she recovered from plastic surgery, including a hospital bed and small stuffed animals.

She testified that she took a bra, LDS garment top and black shirt that were cut from her mother by paramedics to her father.

"He told me, ‘How dare you show me those things? Get rid of it,’ " Rachel MacNeill testified.

I feel a nap coming on.....K even if I was to give Martin a 1 second pass it is sooo apparent when the female neighbor showed up. Nope didn't want her help. Any sane person in that moment would beg a child to help.

I'm not hearing any Toestimony.

Only the weight stuff based on population.

This witness isn't gonna fly with me. :snooty: As an ergonomics expert I think if is fine for him to say the proper way to lift someone out of the tub. I don't believe he can say if Martin was able to. :twocents:

IOW - This is a bunch of baloney!

I agree as there is no way for him to measure the "variable" of will or want to.

All I can think about during this testimony is the inmate's testimony about how he frequently saw MM under the weight platform in the prison gym.

Im sitting here thinking the same thing...if it were my husband I would be in that tub so fast. And if he couldnt actually lift he could certainly roll her onto the side of the tub and push/pull her out.

I'm glad of this silly witness. I bet he is insulting the intelligence of every single juror, all of whom, if they are even quasi normal and decent, know they would have leapt into a burning building to save a family member. Not pulling her out of the tub himself and having an expert have to testify as why that is "justifiable" is extremely damning. IMO.

:giggle:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m
Welp. #MartinMacNeill pic.twitter.com/D6BNV7ytdT

I expect cross will be something like: "And have you ever studied the typical every day case of lifting vs the case of someone committing a murder in a tight timeframe, causing a huge release of adrenaline?"

Prosecutors should ask this expert witness if he knows of any cases where a person lifted an automobile in order to save a person trapped beneath it.

(Edited to Add) I just posted this and the expert mentioned this scenario about 30 seconds later.

Glad he picked dog food :scared: I am of small stature. I cant lift a 50 lb. bag nor would I try. I sure as heck could push pull and drag it around if I had to. Even from a tub. IMO.

I agree as there is no way for him to measure the "variable" of will or want to.

Or adrenaline. The people he had doing the testing weren't having an adrenaline rush like a person trying to save a loved one would have.

Now we know why the "Doc" couldn't get her out. He was afraid it wasn't safe for him.

This crock of bs still does not account for Martin's lack of trying to do so...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky