GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 6m
Back in the courtroom. Judge to rule on directed verdict motion, then (possibly) one more witness. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

Joypath- you're so right about the automatic deference accorded to "professionals." Sorry for waxing so drearily philosophical today, but I know from personal experience that too often that deference is simply misplaced.

If my husband had obeyed his doctor and not trusted his own body and instincts he would have undergone 4 more months of excruciating chemotherapy and more irreparable damage, all to to eradicate a leukemia that had already been vanquished. If we had blindly obeyed our son's pediatrician and not insisted on a second opinion, our son would have died at the age of 4 years old.

I understand the desire to trust and believe those who are most entrusted with our best interests. What I've learned to trust more is our own common sense and instincts.

The woman neighbor should have told MM it was ridiculous to wait for a man to help his dying or dead wife out of the tub, and reached into the tub to pull Michelle out by herself if need be. Those present who could see see that MM's CPR wasn't being effective should have insisted on replacing him and doing CPR himself. On and on. All human, none culpable, all no doubt with regrets and self-doubt that will never go away.

Back in court. Not sure you all can see me. I'm behind some tall people...

Bombshell tonight! The judge rejects the defense's demand for a NG verdict!

(oops I forgot to include a smiley)

Whether or not the pill count was written down before they were disposed of, the defendant did the counting, while the son wrote down the amounts- who is to say the counting was correct, or that the pills in the bottles were as labeled? The defendant is the only one to have handled and counted - I don't think he'd be a reliable source there.

never got the point...i count, you write then we throw them away...most spouses would certainly want them to try to figure out what she took...that to me is so damning.

Judge is refreshingly non-drama and straight forward. Kudos to him.

Witness looks a little like Kenny Rogers. After surgery Kenny Rogers.

I expect some separated at birth comments on this witness.

He's going to explain how MM could do weightlifting galore in prison, but there's no way he could lift his wife.

you would think as a federal employee, he would wear a tie

the shower stall and the rim - keeping marty from lifting Michele out of tub......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214