GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder why ada's teacher wasn't asked if her clear memory of martin having picked his daughter up on april 11th was clear enough to recall if he was wearing a lab coat?
I've seen my doctor leave his office, but never in his lab coat. do most doctor's wear them home?

nope, in fact many facilities will provide laundry service to minimize bacterial contamination/community transmission!

I would love to see what Mr. Martinez (arias pro) would have done with this little fact.

"We're her pants in the bathroom? We're they in the bedroom? Where did they go? If she was the only one home and getting ready to take a bath they would be somewhere in the house. They were never found. We know based on the laws of physics that they could not just vanish into thin air. We know Michele didn't throw them away because she was dead in bloody water. So who was there throwing things away or instructing things to be thrown away?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yep. Who falls accidentally into a bathtub with only her top on and no bottoms or underwear to be found?

The pills were counted and written down BUT where is the paper with that info?? In the shredder at MM's home ~ MOO

Whether or not the pill count was written down before they were disposed of, the defendant did the counting, while the son wrote down the amounts- who is to say the counting was correct, or that the pills in the bottles were as labeled? The defendant is the only one to have handled and counted - I don't think he'd be a reliable source there.

I would love to see what Mr. Martinez (arias pro) would have done with this little fact.

"We're her pants in the bathroom? We're they in the bedroom? Where did they go? If she was the only one home and getting ready to take a bath they would be somewhere in the house. They were never found. We know based on the laws of physics that they could not just vanish into thin air. We know Michele didn't throw them away because she was dead in bloody water. So who was there throwing things away or instructing things to be thrown away?"

Absolutely! And didn't Martin call Alexis because he was concerned that Michelle was doing to much, not staying in bed and resting? Was she doing too much, up and around while bottomless? Where are her pants?

more than a few folks have wondered why a significant police investigation was not performed at the time of death....I've got a "sneaking suspicion" that MM's community status MIGHT have had some leverage in that circumstance, i.e his position, his "educational" background & his Oscar worthy performance at & during the scene.

(respectfully snipping the rest to save space)
:goodpost:

I think you're absolutely correct. It wasn't until afterward thanks to Alexis that more and more people came to realize that maybe it wasn't just a simple little tragic ending after all.

I like him as well, think he runs a pretty good courtroom.

I missed the last two hours, is anything happening this afternoon?

Ergonomics guy at 1pm MST and then closing arguments assuming no surrebuttal.

LOLOL!! I know I'm way behind on HLN, but I about choked on my breadstick when the judge called a sidebar and Gypsy traipsed over to join the group!!!

And I thought it was bad when counsel said, "May I approach?" and she said, "Yes."

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I swore I wasn't going to follow this trial, that after listening to Ada's sad sweet voice talking about her mother. I am anyway. My third trial--first that FL trial, then JA the butcher, then this.

What I'm learning as a newbie trial follower is that a very deep sadness is at the core of every murder trial, and that no matter the verdict, that sadness persists.

Caylee will never return and her death was supremely preventable, had any of her family put her interests first. Travis, with all his potential and his inner light, is gone, and for no better reason than the jealous obsession of a nothing girl who never genuinely even liked him, because she has no such capacity. Michelle is dead and her eight children robbed of their mother because she stood in the way of this lie of a man pursuing a nothing woman.

It's always just plain sad, isn't it?

Totally true. It's interesting to learn how the wheels of justice work (or don't) but the underlying stories are always terribly sad. You get to see how many other lives were affected by a murderer - especially here in what it did to all the daughters.

It's nice to have an outlet like this where we can engage in intelligent discussion (many of you more so than me) and use a little humor (admittedly often lame when I attempt it) while following these trials. Otherwise it would be totally depressing.

Does anyone know who posts the earliest videos of trial?
I missed the morning session, had hoped to DVR it on WAT and watch some during lunch break, but of course it screwed up and refreshed and I lost the DVR capability :( .
Anyway, wondered if anyone had a link to a fast trial video poster (I checked croakerqueen already do not see it yet).

TIA!

yep. Who falls accidentally into a bathtub with only her top on and no bottoms or underwear to be found?

With Michele bottomless and leaning into the tub, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a final act of sexual assault by MACneill as there is no apparent limit to his lack of morals. She would never be able to charge him with rape as she was drowning (or already drowned).

:goodpost:

I think you're absolutely correct. It wasn't until afterward thanks to Alexis that more and more people came to realize that maybe it wasn't just a simple little tragic ending after all.

I completely agree with both of you - I think the fact that Martin identified himself as a doctor, and took (or tried to take) control of the resuccitation, and demanding of autopsy went a long way to influence what was looked at because as a professional, he was believed to have a superior knowledge of the situation. Probably also why he kept his lab coat on throughout, as it can command respect.

I also believe Ada might have been correct about walking with her dad from school... Didn't the witness today testify the school was across the street from where Martin worked? They could have walked from the school to his car, then driven to the home - so could have both walked AND driven, she could be completely correct.

Hmm. Wondering if Gypsy's new flame is her hunky lawyer...

(No mail for MM for nine months...)

:whistle:

I missed the morning session, had hoped to DVR it on WAT and watch some during lunch break, but of course it screwed up and refreshed and I lost the DVR capability :( .
Anyway, wondered if anyone had a link to a fast trial video poster (I checked croakerqueen already do not see it yet).

TIA!

I can't find any up yet.

WAT has it on the archive already, if you want to try there:

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_videos/trial-video-archive/

I am enjoying the fact that we get to listen to the judge talk to the attorneys about issues and rulings.......not so many sidebars and meetings in the judge's chambers.

it's nice to see how things operate and get done.......without trying to guess why a ruling was made.

Not that I agree with all rulings, just saying it's a nice change...

TIA!

TheTawniDilly on youtube

I'm going to go back and listen to Rachel's testimony this weekend. I thought she mentioned the wet bottoms along with the other bloody clothing piled in the garage?

pead once again not effective

Damn, and I was so hopeful when he first started the questioning this morning. I guess I wanted more fire and lightening strikes. However, he did get alot of info in Martin's own words before the jurors. I am sure the jurors are linking everything up. Mr. Pead also showed Martin that Gypsy will not be waiting faithfully for his release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214