GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Dr. Lee wasn't called. That really surprised me.

So, those of you who have watched all of Gypsy's testimony, what is your opinion? Is it really over? Or is she just saying that, for the sake of the trial?

I'm rewatching, actually trying to listen to some of it since I don't get to hear any of it. Still interesting that everyone in Utah has such soft voices!

This town does not have a lot of murder cases does it?

The Judge is impeccably thorough and thoughtful, love his gentle voice, hey, I could lose all insomnia if he could talk with me everyday.

The prosecution is confident, more experienced than the defense.

The defense is okay, just not brilliant. They did their job, just not very well. Just did it. But, I must repeat myself, very few attorneys in the world are brilliant. Very few get to specialize in Capital Murder or even 1st degree murder (given the State's highest charge). That is why those very few cost the big bucks, and why those very few win a lot. No Johnny Cochrane's in this case, just people doing their jobs, be it fantastic or average. I do agree that the defense did not spend all of their free time worrying about this case, but even if they did, I think they did what they are capable of, even if they have been practicing for 20 years. Just tuck your own observations away in case you ever need an attorney.

So, those of you who have watched all of Gypsy's testimony, what is your opinion? Is it really over? Or is she just saying that, for the sake of the trial?

Today on HLN Jean Casaras (sp) said Gypsy was looking over at MM as she was reading the love letters. Plus, who keeps love letters from old boyfriends? She's as wacko as he is. MOO

I just wanted to share this. I am physically disabled, from a failed back surgery and from being ill. I am in agony 24/7/365. Double whammy.I rarely leave my home and spend most of my time laying in bed. I am relatively young in my mid fifties. Last summer my daughter called to me from downstairs that she could not arouse my son who was sitting in our hot garage, unresponsive. I flew out of my bed, ran down the steps, out the front door to the garage. I worked on my son to get him to breathe and regain consciousness. My son is taller, heavier than I am. I did not for one second think about my aching back. In fact, because of the adrenaline rush, I felt no pain at all. My son became responsive and I was able to get him up and walking. I did not require the assistance of My physically fit daughter. So I call BS on MM. BS. .

Bingo.

In an emergency I have been known to lift an almost 400 lb patient single handedly to get the cardiac board underneath them. Adrenaline just takes over, and this wasn't even a family member. MacNeil's unsafe to lift argument is laughable at best and at worst points out how callous he was in that situation.

I think it is over for her...as I listened to her it became clear he was a good deal from a money and status point of view...even her parents thought that but then his situation (marriage) got in the way and I believe she knew what was going to happen and went with it...again the money and status...apparently she had a history of dating married men and thought this time she could make it official after the murder. As it went down everything did not go as planned and I got the impression that Martin is just too much trouble now and she wants nothing to do with him. Maybe it is just an act but she has probably moved on to her next victim and sadly there is something that will go for her.

I do not think it's over. I think they are still planning on being together and are somehow communicating with each other

<modsnip>

I bet he didn't say anything. The way I picture it, the night probably got deathly quiet. And even though they didn't get to talk afterwards, somewhere in his words Spencer found some advice - call it an ace - that he would find useful.

Earlier, I'm almost sure he told him, simply, that he needed to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away, and when to run.

And we certainly haven't seen Spencer counting any money while he's been sitting there at the table. That's telling!

Oh my gosh! I just passed the point where she approaches the bench.

Oh my! Cringe worthy!

This woman has some serious audacity!

Sorry, I'll stop posting about stuff that happened four five hours ago. Buy, oh my gosh - this whole thing is making me feel so awkward! It's brutal!

I do not think it's over. I think they are still planning on being together and are somehow communicating with each other

I don't think they plan on it being over. If he's convicted, though, I sincerely doubt she visits him even once. She'll cut her losses and drive as fast as she can away from him....in the car he's given to her on loan til he gets out.

1. I don't think it's over between GW & MM. I'd love to have heard her asked the initials of her new "love", how long they'd been together, are they living together and where. As good of a speaker she thinks she is, I learned watching Judge Judy that liars hesitate, ask for repeats of questions and look down to "find" the right answer. If there really is a new love, wonder what he/she thinks!

2. I'd hate to be Carol Smith right now...

Oh... I thought I was alone in thinking this.She did her best to protect him IMO

I wonder who her new squeeze is. IMO, if MM is found not guilty he and Gypsy will hook up again. IMO, she was lying about her and MM being over.

I was trying to think when the last time I saw a witness (expert or otherwise) do that poorly and remember Dr. Shipping Bao in the Zimmerman case. He was the ME and just kept saying he could not remember anything and did not do most of the procedure etc. etc. It was unbelievable. He was the ME and knew nothing on the stand. He was, I believe a witness for the prosecution and failed miserably. Also there was the Psy. guy in Jodi Arias...can't remember his name but he was bad too. It seems once they go bad it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I think they are too. The way she testified convinced me of that. I'm think she was involved in Michelle's death in some way. She is a bad seed.

It is surely not over for him! Unless today hurt him too much. She is crafty and will try to get $$ from him somehow, so it is not over. She is very bad, very bad. But so was he, guess he didn't see someone coming that could play chess better than him. (Still feeling kind of sorry for him on that one, but all else that he did to his family stops that quickly.)

I have a question. Were the psych evals done on Doc M, from prosecution & defense? If so, were they not found relevant? He has some relevant issues that could have helped defense.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why MM was attracted to GW. Maybe she played a good game of head shoulders knees and toes. Would not surprise me one bit if she was involved in Michelle's death. So sad.

...just got home and wanted to chat....no one is in chat!! :(

irc.serenity-irc.net
#websleuths

Oh my gosh! I just passed the point where she approaches the bench.

Oh my! Cringe worthy!

This woman has some serious audacity!

Sorry, I'll stop posting about stuff that happened four five hours ago. Buy, oh my gosh - this whole thing is making me feel so awkward! It's brutal!

DomC ---- I just watched it and LOL'd so hard at the JUDGE pointing her back to her chair like he was chastising a puppy who made messy on the carpet!

(we call that (audacity) moxie where I'm from!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett