GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The former Pleasant Grove physician showed no emotion as the verdict was read, but later hugged defense attorney Randall Spencer. With his hand on the lawyer’s shoulders, MacNeill smiled slightly and said, “It’s OK, really.”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-MacNeill-of-murdering-his-wife-in-2007.html

One of MacNeill's daughters, Alexis Somers, said she was happy with the verdict.

"There was justice for my mom today," Somers said. "We are just so happy he cannot hurt anyone else."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/09/justice/martin-macneill-trial-verdict/

What a blessing these women are to their beloved mother. May they find peace knowing they spearheaded this justice that was served. Their mom would be so proud of their efforts and intuition. I hope this closes this horrific chapter of their lives and they are able to find some normalcy and joy in their lives as time goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jury question about the Estate law has me puzzled. There was testimony from Rachel and Alexis that in March (IIRC) they met with MM, Michelle, and maybe some of the other older kids and went over some will stuff. That was when MM gave each kid $5K but I think it was also when Alexis was made executor of Michele's estate - WHY would MMM have done that? Was it maybe because he knew Alexis would suspect him when Michele died and he thought if he made her executor that then she would be less likely to suspect him? I don't get it.

We speculated about that a good deal last night here. It's possible they were trying to figure out if he was acting like he was laying it all out for the family, whereas his plan to kill Michele and get it all back for himself. If they had mortgage insurance, he'd have had a half-million-dollar house free and clear and in his name. Get rid of/disown the kids and voila! he and Gypsy are set.

Then again it could be nothing like that.

Kudos as well to the current and past inmates who testified at high risk to themselves. I don't know if there would have been a conviction without their mostly consistent testimony about MM's a) being in great physical shape, b) having a 'wife' Gypsy, and c) being glad the B---- was dead.

How long was Macneil out of prison on fraud charges before he was arrested for murder? TIA!

Don't know why I did not check in this a.m. to find out the news.

I hope the family can eventually heal, they have a lot of healing to do, and it will last their lifetimes. I hope they can at least feel safe now.

Why wouldn't Doc M be okay with the verdict? Not like he can get and get back to a normal life, his name would still be forever marked with a question if found not guilty. I know that is not how it is supposed to be, but it is how it is. He can adjust to prison, and get free meals, free medical attention, just get lonely. Maybe he will make some friends and drop the jailhouse bravado that got him here in the first place. 15 years to life, really means his life, unless he lives to be very old. Sentencing will be within the guidelines by this Judge for sure, he will probably go mid-range with the presentence. He seems very fair and *I think* would be conservative with sentencing and not give maximum, just my thoughts on it.

Heh, I guess Gyspy feels safe now too. What woman wouldn't be wondering when she is next? :eek:

The jury question about the Estate law has me puzzled. There was testimony from Rachel and Alexis that in March (IIRC) they met with MM, Michelle, and maybe some of the other older kids and went over some will stuff. That was when MM gave each kid $5K but I think it was also when Alexis was made executor of Michele's estate - WHY would MMM have done that? Was it maybe because he knew Alexis would suspect him when Michele died and he thought if he made her executor that then she would be less likely to suspect him? I don't get it.

I believe that Alexis testified that at the time Martin told them of his plan to name Alexis as executor of the estate, that Michele had asked Martin why she (Michele) had not been named instead.

http://martinmacneill.info/

From Linda Cluff:

They asked if we would like to meet the jurors and of course we said yes. It was a very special moment as the the jurors walked in and we were again clapping and cheering. Those 9 individuals saw the impact it had on all of us and how happy we were with their decision and thus finally giving Michele the justice she has deserved. We had the opportunity to talk to them and personally thank them all. Amazing.

What a blessing these women are to their beloved mother. May they find peace knowing they spearheaded this justice that was served. Their mom would be so proud of their efforts and intuition. I hope this closes this horrific chapter of their lives and they are able to find some normalcy and joy in their lives as time goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexis has another court case against him scheduled Dec 3 2013.
She isn't done with him yet!

MacNeill's original plan may have gone astray.

MacNeill didn't realize there was blood on the pants because of the dark navy color - When Ada said the water was brown he sent her to get help, ran upstairs in a panic, drained the bloody water and got rid of the pants.

The murderer thought blood in the water was inconsistent for his story that she had too many drugs on board and slipped quietly under the water. He thought it might indicate a struggle.

Gravity blood smears on the bathroom floor indicate the difficulty he must have had hoisting her into the tub-- or possibly MacNeill dragging his wife by the arms and waist with her partially conscious and struggling. He cleaned up the scene, using all the towels in the room (consequently there were none for the neighbors to use when they were looking).

Also, Rachel testified she saw a pile in the garage, a bloody mess. Given the lag time it took the police to collect evidence at the scene, there was plenty of opportunity for MacNeill to get rid of pants or anything else he felt was incriminating.

He left her top on because he ran out of time.

This also explains why she was in a different position when the neighbor arrived from how Ada said she saw her in the tub.

Martin-Joseph-Macneill_mugshot.400x800.jpg

I've posted this mug before, but just recently realized this mug was taken after/because of the incident involving forcible sexual abuse towards Alexis. Cringe.

Released: July 6 2012
Arrested: July 24 2012

Thanks! Wow. No time free at all. When Gypsy testified that she'd had no contact with him, I pictured something different. No wonder she's had no contact with him, he was sent right back to jail!

I've posted this mug before, but just recently realized this mug was taken after/because of the incident involving forcible sexual abuse towards Alexis. Cringe.

Are people told to smile in mugshots now? WTH? What is there to be happy about? Creepy.............

{I actually think he looks better now, nice tie for the verdict too, lol.}

Are people told to smile in mugshots now? WTH? What is there to be happy about? Creepy.............

He is not smiling in any other of his mugshots. Just shows how little respect he has for his biological daughter.

Jodi Arias also smiled. sociopath vs psychopath take your pick :wink:

Don't know why I did not check in this a.m. to find out the news.

I hope the family can eventually heal, they have a lot of healing to do, and it will last their lifetimes. I hope they can at least feel safe now.

Why wouldn't Doc M be okay with the verdict? Not like he can get and get back to a normal life, his name would still be forever marked with a question if found not guilty. I know that is not how it is supposed to be, but it is how it is. He can adjust to prison, and get free meals, free medical attention, just get lonely. Maybe he will make some friends and drop the jailhouse bravado that got him here in the first place. 15 years to life, really means his life, unless he lives to be very old. Sentencing will be within the guidelines by this Judge for sure, he will probably go mid-range with the presentence. He seems very fair and *I think* would be conservative with sentencing and not give maximum, just my thoughts on it.
Heh, I guess Gyspy feels safe now too. What woman wouldn't be wondering when she is next? :eek:

BBM

Let's also remember that previous convictions will be in his "minus" column when it comes to sentencing. He's had 2 felonies, IIRC.

BBM

Let's also remember that previous convictions will be in his "minus" column when it comes to sentencing. He's had 2 felonies, IIRC.

Oh I know. The presentence report will come with a guideline range, that will include those minuses. There will be a minimum allowed, mid-range, and maximum. For some reason, I feel the Judge may be a mid-range type. I could be totally wrong and he is so disturbed by it all that he is a maximum kind of guy. Definitely not a minimum range case, so we can cross that one off the list.

Creepy as heck. And, oh boy, has he aged a ton! Ive seen him age noticeably just during this trial

Jodi Arias also smiled. sociopath vs psychopath take your pick :wink:

And they are not the only ones! What on earth are these people thinking?!! I would be crying my eyes out, well, unless I decide retirement equals kickin' back in jail until I die. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member