GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this has been posted already . . . my apology.
~~~~~

1-191adbee01.jpg

Evidence in Martin MacNeill trial released by court officials

By jessica miller
| The Salt Lake Tribune - Salt Lake City, UT

November 13, 2013
First Published 5 hours ago • Updated 1 hour ago

Provo • Evidence introduced during Martin MacNeill’s four-week murder trial was made available to the media this week by court officials.

Over 13 days of testimony, prosecutors and defense attorneys submitted 66 exhibits for jurors to review. Among those exhibits were:

• Photos of the bathtub where the defendant’s wife, Michele MacNeill, was found unconscious on April 11, 2007.

• A drawing by Ada MacNeill, who was 6 years old when she discovered her mother in the bathtub. The drawing shows how the young girl remembers seeing her mom on the day of her death.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57125130-78/macneill-font-martin-scribd.html.csp

I also believe it is exactly why she didn't want to say anything incriminating against MacNeill when she was testifying. She clearly was not a true prosecution witness.

MOO

Hi panthera!!!!!!!

Love seeing you posting on this thread! :loveyou:

In the trial she testified it was a casual relationship but in the Inside Edition interview she stated she loved him in her soul (paraphrased). Her true intentions on the stand were so transparent. :seeya:

Jury: Martin MacNeill's 'heartless' nature, circumstantial evidence added up to murder
By Jennifer Dobner, For the Deseret News
Salt Lake City, UT

Published: Wednesday, Nov. 13 2013 10:15 p.m. MST
Updated: 1 hour ago

1251026.jpg

Jurors Jenna, Steve, Kitty and Randy from the Martin MacNeill murder trial
talk Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013, about how they came to a guilty verdict.
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News

PROVO — For one juror, it came down to three questions: Did Martin MacNeill have the motive, opportunity and capability to kill his wife Michele?

Getting to the answers — yes, yes and yes — took the five men and three women who decided MacNeill’s fate some 11 hours of deliberation, the careful consideration of a mountain of circumstantial evidence and four weeks of witness testimony, some of which the panel deemed wasn’t too credible, according to a handful of jurors who spoke Wednesday to the Deseret News.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...rcumstantial-evidence-added-up-to-murder.html

Thanks for the "heads up."
~~~~~

Jurors open up about their decision in MacNeill murder trial

Posted on: 9:28 pm, November 13, 2013, by Ben Winslow - FOX13

PROVO, Utah — Several people who served on the jury for the murder trial of Martin MacNeill, a Utah doctor accused of murdering his wife to continue an affair with another woman, spoke Wednesday, and it was the first time they discussed the verdict with the public.

Read more and view videos:

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/13/jurors-open-up-about-their-decision-in-macneill-murder-trial/
FOX13 - Salt Lake City, UT 11/13/13

Thanks for the links!! So they each gave a different amount of weight to each witnesses testimony but the one thing they had in common was none of them believed Gypsy. They all thought she minimized her relationship with MM. Good call!

Wish we could thank the jurors, not just for their difficult task, but also for opening up about it. They seem to have done their task with integrity and very conscientiously. Exactly what was intended for juries to do when juries began. I hope they can recover quickly and thoroughly. Can't thank them enough.

1990: Martin pleaded no contest to alleged Medicaid fraud in Sandy and is banned from Medicaid billing for 12 years

2000: Gov. Mike Leavitt appoints Martin medical director of American Fork Training School, later renamed Utah State Developmental Center

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590296/Martin-MacNeill-timeline.html?pg=all

If marty was not permitted to bill Medicare/Medicaid for 12 years, how did he get his state job 2000........a state facility should be state and federally funded.

This was a very big disservice to the individuals living at the DC.

This has been bothering me too. Very disturbing, no less disturbing is the fact that he was never really a doctor anyway. I did read in the comments on the 2010 deseretnews long MM article that another town he was in was onto him, he said all of his records, etc... were lost. They held a town hall meeting to see what to do about him. How do you continue moving and finding places that do not see through the lies and lack of records? How does no one find out about the medicaid fraud by a doctor in any town, isn't that all going to show up on a computer or something? In 2000?

Haha! Jean...oh Jean....your juror who was leaning forward simply had a sore back from sitting in that jury box for so long !
This was a very intelligent group of jurors who saw the big picture for what it was. Great job jurors!

Haha! Jean...oh Jean....your juror who was leaning forward simply had a sore back from sitting in that jury box for so long !
This was a very intelligent group of jurors who saw the big picture for what it was. Great job jurors!

Lol. I've always thought the juror action watch was interesting b/c we can never really know what someone is thinking. They could be bored to death, fidgety, have to go to the bathroom (goodness knows I couldn't sit long enough for that reason), just anything.

The only time I find it relevant is if many are taking notes, if many are crying, if many are yawning. And that one trial where everyone should have known a juror shaving his hair into a mohawk mid-trial was not a good sign.

That's just me though. I like reading about it, but I feel t.v. comments always get it all wrong. Just state the action, don't add the assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste