GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Martin MacNeill’s competency to be evaluated

Courts » Attorney says convicted murderer’s isolation since suicide attempt is killing him.

Provo • Martin MacNeill, a former doctor recently convicted of killing his wife, must have his mental competency evaluated before an unrelated sex abuse case goes forward, a judge determined Tuesday.

MacNeill is charged with one count of forcible sexual abuse, stemming from allegations that in 2007 he put his hands down an adult female relative’s pants.

But a Feb. 4 trial in that case is now cancelled.

full article at link .............. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57460574-78/macneill-spencer-motion-case.html.csp
And he's probably smart enough to convince the doctors giving him the mental evaluation that he is indeed incompetent.

:doh:

MOO

I don't know what to say about the competency issue. Surely we all know something is wrong with him, and wasn't there some issue when he was young and in the military?

I just wish today's trial was not canceled. I was hoping it could all be over for the girls soon.

Vegetarian diet? Is he losing weight to regain Gypsy's favor? Remember the weight love letter? :sigh:

I don't know what to say about the competency issue. Surely we all know something is wrong with him, and wasn't there some issue when he was young and in the military?

I just wish today's trial was not canceled. I was hoping it could all be over for the girls soon.

Vegetarian diet? Is he losing weight to regain Gypsy's favor? Remember the weight love letter? :sigh:

I think he's losing weight to gain sympathy, but I guess it could be about Gypsy. Do tell about the weight love letter? I never heard about that!

No question about that.
But, to have it proven, will be a "he says, she says".
I see just more heartache coming out of this new trial, for the family.
I am pretty sure that by now with his slimy, calculated murder of his wife and his now exposed equally slimy treatment of his children and relatives/ That we know Martin McNeill would/could do any number of horrific crimes.
Probably some that the family knows about, but the public will never hear about.
After a conviction of murdering your wife and the mother of your children- what can be worse?
I do not doubt that this creepiest of all creeps put his hands down his daughters pants.
Not for a minute.
But. Our judicial system does Not favor- He Said-She Said accounts.
For the victim.
Maybe going through a trial and facing the man who destroyed your life in more ways then can ever be counted- will be helpful in some way.
I just do not see it.
Counting on complete strangers (jurors) to make a decision on a he said, she said
Is scary.
More heartache.
Not necessary.
Let him rot in the jail he will be in for the rest of his days. He's not going anywhere.
Love your life.
Just my opinion.

Gypsy will be on 20/20 tonight

I missed the first part but did catch some of the last. Gypsy has hired a publicist and has a story to tell :banghead: Ya I bet ya do Gypsy. Not that we will ever hear the truth or how you knew the murder was to happen and may have even participated in some manner. Go away Gypsy. Boycotting the book that's for sure. Karma.........

This man could teach the class on "master manipulation". I wouldn't doubt for a minute that he knows how to fake any number of diagnoses.

This man could teach the class on "master manipulation". I wouldn't doubt for a minute that he knows how to fake any number of diagnoses.

Agree. He was very good at manipulation. The man was once adored even by his own Children. Respected in his Community and it appears in his career. IMO Michelle had a glimpse thru the years. I'm sure he convinced her she had the issues. IMO the only person who truly saw who Martin is/was is Gypsy. Only because she is of the same "breed" as he. IMO.

I thought Randall Spencer (his Attn.) quit on him.
Guess he is back with Martin. Interesting.

He will do anything to avoid facing his ultimate fate.

Good Luck Marty, ya ain't gettin' out of this :seeya:

HMMMMMMMMM...just applying "common sense" (yeah, I know that it isn't so common anymore!) BUT isn't refusing to meet with those who will be/are going to evaluate one's competency a perfect example of COMPETENT EVASIVE behavior...i.e. recognition of right vs wrong

I know I haven't posted on this case so sorry for just jumping in.

Do we have a timeline of where the doc lived/worked/got arrested throughout his life?
Just wondering about a couple of murders in Utah/California... I know he lived in both.
Anyone had a detailed timeline about where he lived and when?

Do the regular posters on this case think he could have killed before?

I know I haven't posted on this case so sorry for just jumping in.

Do we have a timeline of where the doc lived/worked/got arrested throughout his life?
Just wondering about a couple of murders in Utah/California... I know he lived in both.
Anyone had a detailed timeline about where he lived and when?

Do the regular posters on this case think he could have killed before?

*BBM*
Yes.
I think he may have killed 2 family members. I would have to refresh my mind but I seem to recall a brother who commited suicide and possibly his mother?

OK just googled, and it is kind of how I remembered.
Keep in mind this is the Daily Mail (tabloid-ish), however, I have read these stories elsewhere also.

"One of MacNeill's former girlfriends told police that she previously told her that he killed his brother years before the death of his wife.

The girlfriend in question has not been named, but she told police that Martin decided to drown his brother Roy in a bathtub in his house in New Jersey because he had become 'an embarrassment'."

"The earliest alleged brush with homicide came well before that as his sister told the tabloid that Martin tried killing their mother in an undisclosed way but she was saved because 911 was called and revived their mother."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rted-boy-tried-kill-MOTHER.html#ixzz2zCrSuMMo

Not sure about a timeline on this one, I do not recall seeing it.
Someone else might know though.

Does anybody know if the competency hearing that was rescheduled for today is still on? If so do we have a time? Thanks!

It seems to still be on schedule.
I don't know the exact time though...

You can follow here though, seems she (?) will be in court-

CC ‏@courtchatter 2h
I will be tweeting live from #meganhuntsman and #MartinMacneill hearings today.

https://twitter.com/courtchatter

15m
@courtchatter What time is the hearing? #MartinMacNeill

CC ‏@courtchatter 10m
@n*****l 3pm eastern

https://twitter.com/jm_miller

Salt Lake Tribune reporter.

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·18 mins
#MartinMacNeill's attorney says he's received one competency report. Judge and prosecutors said they haven't gotten any.

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·17 mins
"My client initially refused to meet with them, and then he changed his opinion," Randy Spencer says. #MartinMacNeill

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back