GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·1m
Spencer is done. Sturgill gets a rebuttal: "Rely on common sense," he reminds the jury once more. #martinmacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·1 min
Alexis was trying to protect those she loved, Sturgill tells the jury. "What reasonable person would not do what she did?" #MartinMacNeill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·1m
Sturgill: "If you believe your father is a murderer, and you have been sexually assaulted by him, I think normal human behavior..." (1/2)

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·2 mins
(2/2) Sturgill: "...To try to protect the ones that you love." #martinmacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·3 mins
"She was attempting to get as close to the kids as possible," he says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·2 mins
"The defendant himself caught on to the strategy," Sturgill tells jury. "That's when Alexis had to change gears." @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·1m
That's when Alexis started playing "hardball" and demanding custody, prosecutor says. She went to the cops. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"She was left with no other choice and finally disclosed this terrible, horrible thing," Sturgill tells the jury. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·1m
"She was left with no other choice and finally disclosed this terrible, horrible thing," Sturgill tells the jury. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill

As he speaks, Sturgill points to Alexis Somers who is seated in the audience. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·1 min
Sturgill argues that #MartinMcNeill daughters testimony is not inconsistent, just differ in levels of details. #martinmacneill

CC‏@courtchatter·4 mins
Jurors are looking tired #MartinMacNeill

CC‏@courtchatter·3 mins
Sturgill says there's not that big of difference between thigh/private area and buttocks. "All covered by a swimsuit" #MartinMacNeill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·3 mins
Sturgill asks if its inconsistent that it was reported buttocks vs 'private parts'? "Is buttocks a private area? It's covered by a swimsuit"

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·2 mins
"Don't get caught up in these little inconsistencies," Sturgill tells the jury. #martinmacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·3 mins
Jury looks like they're ready for a break. Deliberations next. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·3m
"Take your time. I know it's late and tomorrow is a holiday," Sturgill tells the jury. #MartinMacNeill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·4 mins
Prosecution finishes. The judge now gives the case to the jury. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·3 mins
Closing arguments are done. Judge is giving final instructions to jury now. #MartinMacNeill

CC‏@courtchatter·3 mins
Judge tells jury if they go past 5:15 (1 hr from now) he will order them dinner. #MartinMacNeill

CC‏@courtchatter·2 mins
#VerdictWatch officially began at 4:16 MST. #MartinMacNeill

Alrighty then, Twitter Trial Tweet Transcribing is done for a bit so I need to go see if I still have a real life. I leave verdict watch in your hands! I bet it won't take too long, but who knows? :seeya:

Alrighty then, Twitter Trial Tweet Transcribing is done for a bit so I need to go see if I still have a real life. I leave verdict watch in your hands! I bet it won't take too long, but who knows? :seeya:

Thanks Worry Wart. :seeya:

CC‏@courtchatter·50 secs
Just waiting in the hall with @jm_miller at #MartinMacNeill .We're finding it's scary to Google random things. Lol. Still on verdict watch

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·4m
UPDATE: Jury has been deliberating almost an hour. I'm told the court just ordered them dinner. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 12s

URGENT: Verdict reached in #MartinMacNeill sex abuse trial. @fox13now #Utah

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 32s

BREAKING NEWS: #MartinMacNeill GUILTY of forcible sex abuse.

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · now

The jury has been excused. Rachel, Alexis are hugging and crying

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 32s

#MartinMacNeill looks straight ahead. Michele's family is crying

Ben Winslow@BenWinslow · 10s

#MartinMacNeill is not smiling now. He looks stone-faced. Sentencing set for August 25.

thank god this guy goes down again...what exactly does he have to even live for? he is done. Alexis is really a strong impressive woman who can sleep knowing she has done the right thing now twice...so sorry she had to have a father like this.

oh snap. I have to say I am surprised they convicted him (my view of the evidence would have not allowed me to convict beyond a reasonable doubt), but happy he will stay where he is: put in the big house. I dislike him from here to there and back.

Alexis and Rachel and all the other siblings are amazingly strong and hopeful people. :grouphug:

Oh waahhh

CC‏@courtchatter·5 mins
Spencer says #MartinMacNeill is not surprised at the verdict. "Given how he has been treated in the judicial system" pic

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back