UT UT - Ogden, WhtMale 25-35, UP15516, in storage yard, clothing, green watch, bone loss, June'16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 15516

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15516

Unidentified White male
* Found June 17, 2016 in Weber County, UT
* Estimated Year of Death: 2015 to 2016

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 25-35 years old
* Approximate Height: 68' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics: unknown
* Skeletal findings: Premature bone loss (often associated with drug/alcohol abuse, malnutrition, or metabolic disease).
Antemortem fracture of transverse processes of 3rd and 4th thoracic vertebrae.

* Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry:
Blue jacket; Jean pants; White socks; Green watch

* DNA:
Sample available - Not yet submitted

* Circumstances: A suspected transient male was found decomposing in a storage yard that was housing large commercial free-standing prefabricated bathrooms. It appeared the decedent had possibly been living in one of the bathrooms.

Unfortunately there are no exclusions in this case. I hope something comes of it soon. Have we tried reaching out to them for DDP?

I think David aka Svi is a decent candidate for comparison. I checked his photos on FB looking specifically for pipe smoking or a green watch, blue jacket, and/or evidence of back injury. Nothing I saw suggests he smokes a pipe in order to explain the pipe tobacco package found with the remains. I didn't see pics with a watch either. However, there are two 2013 photos showing him wearing a neck brace suggesting an injury. Not sure if it would be associated with the injury described for JD but it's a start. He replied to a comment on his pic that he had 2 discs replaced in his back after a snowboard incident. Which specific two discs wasn't disclosed. He's known to hitchhike/live as a transient who travels in and around Utah among other western/southwestern states.
Svi Sigurdsson

David Emmett Alford – The Charley Project
bbm

Details of Disappearance
Alford was last seen in Boise, Idaho on August 24, 2014. He was hitchhiking near the interstate, carrying a cardboard sign that read "Arizona" on one side and "Utah" on the other side. He has never been heard from again.

Alford may have an Idaho or Montana driver's license, but he doesn't own a vehicle. He usually keeps in regular touch with his family through the internet, particularly during the Christmas holidays, but after his August 2014 disappearance, his relatives never heard from him again. Few details are available in his case.

476175_10151423485193915_570411318_o.jpg
921418_10151428173753915_804305505_o.jpg

Unidentified Male Weber County 2016​

Contact the Ogden Police Department at (801) 629-8067. A suspected transient male was found in a storage yard that was housing large commercial free-standing prefabricated bathrooms. It appeared the decedent had possibly been living in one of the bathrooms. He was found wearing Jean pants, a blue jacket, white socks and he had a green watch. Probable year of death is 2015 – 2016.

Can anyone tell what brand of cigarettes that is? I’m in Canada and I’m unfamiliar

I noticed this John Doe wasn’t found with tobacco but no rolling papers or pipe…

Tobacco is considered a sacred medicine. In fact, it’s known as the eastern direction in the medicine wheel.

I’ve submitted the tip that this John Doe might be Theodore Vernal Wyasket Jr.. an Indigenous man who’s family resided between Fort Duchesne and Ogden.

If the tobacco wasn’t for smoking, it would explain why he was found with a lighter and the tobacco only.

Link to that thread:
UT- Theodore Vernal Wyasket Jr, 24, Fort Duchesne , 1 Jan 2007

Some additional interesting info about the Wyasket family.
Interesting piece of information; Theodore’s sister was a previously unidentified Jane Doe. She was found in September 2017, but wasn’t identified until January 2020 as per her obituary.

I couldn’t find a thread for Theodore, nor could I find any previous threads regarding Latoya or the Unidentified Jane Doe she turned out to be.

I thought I’d create a thread and see if us sleuthers could help this family out!

Can anyone tell what brand of cigarettes that is? I’m in Canada and I’m unfamiliar
Upon further digging, it appears to be Red Cap. A very common cigarette brand.

I thought the brand might be specific to indigenous reserves, but it’s a common easily accessible brand of cigarettes. Oh well.

Adding to that, please ignore my comment about there being a lighter. Looks like he was only found with (potentially empty?) tobacco packaging and a watch.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back