UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a monster. Look at how she petulantly stares at the investigators. She couldn't even answer whether she wanted a snack. But she stared at them with such defiant, weird smugness. I can only imagine the hell her poor kids went through at her hands. She is evil. I'm so scared she won't serve much time.
That stare was so defiant and creepy. It honestly gave me chills thinking the children were subject to this woman.

From Ruby's journal.

R doesn't actually know what "jail" means. He has no comprehension what throwing your life away means.

SMH oh how the worm turns. It was Ruby all along, who had no comprehension of these things. But she will now and I find that karmically satisfying.
She was cruel long before Jodi. Just like serial killers sometimes find each other, these two child abusers found each other and supported each other's sick desires to hurt kids.

So Ruby stole all the children’s savings accounts as well. Kevin confirms that in the audio.

I just listened to Kevin and Ruby in a prison phone call and he is absolutely abhorrent. No wonder they were married for so many years. All he cares about is money and that seems to be his biggest concern off the bat. I never liked him but the fact he doesn’t show concern or anger for his children’s welfare and wants to know about money. WOW!!

I haven't gotten to that yet but his jail interview is telling. Also smug, evasive, and arrogant.

Yeah these mugs are not getting out in only four years, based on what little I have read of Ruby's journal and their jail communications. They're in the delulu land very deep.
I can only hope you’re right. It’s important that this information is released so everyone knows who they are and what they did and they can’t hide.

45 min interview with Kevin

I’m still not done with his interview (I’m at the part where he’s just been told the condition of his kids). But he seems also arrogant and defensive of the abuse of the kids and not ready to say that the treatment described was wrong. I truly hope he doesn’t have custody of the kids and won’t ever get it.

Ruby sounds so far gone in those journals, there's no way she's changed already.
Agreed. She’s evil, IMO. The little she showed on her YouTube channel was disturbing in and of itself. She seemed gleeful when her kids were suffering or upset. I never bought that she was brainwashed or manipulated by Jodi. Those two found soulmates in each other. Evil, black soulmates.

In the heavily redacted entries, Franke repeatedly insisted that her son was possessed by a demon. In one entry from July 11, 2023, she wrote that it was a "big day for evil" and described an incident when her son was pushed into water and she held her hand over his nose and mouth.

The journal entries, released by the Washington County Attorney’s Office, mainly focused on two of Franke’s six children. Officials redacted their names and identified the daughter, 9, as “E” and the son, 12, as “R.”

"R was told to stand in the sun w/his sun hat," Franke wrote in the July 11, 2023 entry. "He is defiant. ... R, or I should say his demon, stays in the shade. I push R into the sun. R comes back. I come back with a cactus poker. When I poke his back to get in the sun R doesn't even flinch. I poke him on the neck. He is in a trance & doesn't appear to feel anything. Jodi taps him on the cheeks to wake him up."

Franke also wrote that same day that her son was pushed into a pool and she held her hand "tightly over his nose & mouth."

In a July 12, 2023 entry, Franke wrote that she cut her daughter's hair off and "doused" her with water in the "dog wash."

"E said she wanted to run away. Jodi told E she has no idea what is waiting for her," Franke wrote.

I read somewhere that said both are doing well in foster care and have put on weight and are back to their hobbies.

No doubt a long road ahead but they are young so hopefully can get the help needed for the future.
Are they in professional foster care? Are they with a sibling? Are they together? We never got more info after the court case in which the judge entertained Ruby’s madness and slanderous allegations that these kids were sex abusers and shouldn’t be around other kids or each other. That upset me so much because it amounted, IMO, to institutional abuse, continued abuse of the kids and the message that their mother and Jodi were right.

How do we know how they are and whether they’re together?

Kevin's full interview came up after the videos of the 2 evil personified pathetic excuses for women played.
Unless it was edited out, he didn't question his young son's condition after being told about it including he was now in the hospital and didn't ask LE about his young daughter who was also being abused in Jody's hell hole residence and also in state custody with the other 2 children.

Listening to the interview I already knew he and Ruby were separated and he hadn't seen his children in a year but I found out it was a verbal agreement with Ruby brought on by his *advertiser censored* addiction.
That did raise a big red flag in my thoughts due to his agreeing he cannot see his children because of his *advertiser censored* addiction.

He held Jody in high esteem and still loves his wife and trusts her and wants his wife and family back.
IMO:
The guy has always been whipped beyond help or Ruby/Jody had the goods on him so he moved out,
I had watched both sentencing hearings and Ruby picked up a fiddle and played it, hopefully to deaf ears especially when her parole hearing(s) come up but there was Kevin in the courtroom crying.
Betcha Kevins been visiting Ruby as often as he can.
All that's missing is that Peacock Documentary contract.

For anyone who hasn't seen this video.

Last edited:
Are they in professional foster care? Are they with a sibling? Are they together? We never got more info after the court case in which the judge entertained Ruby’s madness and slanderous allegations that these kids were sex abusers and shouldn’t be around other kids or each other. That upset me so much because it amounted, IMO, to institutional abuse, continued abuse of the kids and the message that their mother and Jodi were right.

How do we know how they are and whether they’re together?
Nearly seven months later, Kevin Franke is seeking to regain custody of his four minor children, and he's filed for divorce. "20/20" has learned that R and E have been placed in foster care together and Bate told Juju Chang that they are doing much better.

Listed to some videos this morning while doing some work and I was certainly taken off guard by Kevin bringing up Jodi's claims of supernatural occurrences and his attachment to having experienced them himself. He said it very matter-of-factly and while I don't think this guy is totally normal in the head I don't get the sense he's experiencing hallucinations or playing for the camera. He said that Jodi got kicked out of some group retreat because she was cutting herself, trying to sleep with other women's husbands, and acting out. I hadn't heard that before.
brought on by his *advertiser censored* addiction. That did raise a big red flag in my thoughts due to his agreeing he cannot see his children because of his *advertiser censored* addiction.
Considering Jodi's history of falsely accusing men of having addictions I tend to believe he's just whipped/easily manipulated rather than the subject of an actual addiction. Could be wrong of course.

Nearly seven months later, Kevin Franke is seeking to regain custody of his four minor children, and he's filed for divorce. "20/20" has learned that R and E have been placed in foster care together and Bate told Juju Chang that they are doing much better.

Thank you!! I hope he doesn’t regain custody.

Listed to some videos this morning while doing some work and I was certainly taken off guard by Kevin bringing up Jodi's claims of supernatural occurrences and his attachment to having experienced them himself. He said it very matter-of-factly and while I don't think this guy is totally normal in the head I don't get the sense he's experiencing hallucinations or playing for the camera. He said that Jodi got kicked out of some group retreat because she was cutting herself, trying to sleep with other women's husbands, and acting out. I hadn't heard that before.

Considering Jodi's history of falsely accusing men of having addictions I tend to believe he's just whipped/easily manipulated rather than the subject of an actual addiction. Could be wrong of course.
There's so much I don't know about this case and the 3 adult (?) players.
The video I watched on Kevin was my first intro to him.
Is the video you watched available to post?
Thanks for the additional information.

Still can’t help but look at those two residences…….. the expense of them and in them! I am aghast at the money likely tied up in them?

Sure hoping that RF and JH would have to sell them, and any monies recouped from them placed into a trust or some managed fund for the children perhaps? And held and monitored by some other non familial entity.

Such an offensive and sad story for those kids. And from their parents or elder ‘social influencers’….. and I use that term loosely. MOO

A police investigation determined religious extremism motivated the women to inflict horrific abuse on Franke's children, Washington County Attorney Eric Clarke announced Friday.

"The women appeared to fully believe that the abuse they inflicted was necessary to teach the children how to properly repent for imagined 'sins' and to cast the evil spirits out of their bodies," Mr Clarke said.
Franke, 42, and Hildebrandt, 54, pleaded guilty to four counts of aggravated child abuse that included convincing Franke's two youngest children they were evil and subjecting them to manual labour, days long fasting and conditions Mr Clarke has described as "concentration camp-like."

The women, who have said they belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, were arrested last August at Hildebrandt's house in Ivins, a city in southern Utah, after her neighbour Danny Clarkson opened his door to find the emaciated boy.

Their actions have been condemned by other Mormon parenting bloggers who say they misrepresented their community and the religion.

There's so much I don't know about this case and the 3 adult (?) players.
The video I watched on Kevin was my first intro to him.
Is the video you watched available to post?
Thanks for the additional information.

This is all the evidence drop but go with caution as some of the photos I wish I could unsee.

This is all the evidence drop but go with caution as some of the photos I wish I could unsee.

Appreciate the warning.

Uh,oh.
According to the reporter both of them get to go before the parole board this September.

In Utah the parole board decides on time incarcerated not the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper