UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole situation is sickening. Religious extremism is soooo dangerous. I will say though(maybe because I'm from the northeast but) everyone is so polite. The cops, the EMTs...it's amazing
LOL to the cops but the EMT's were wonderful with the children.
These cops already knew about or saw the abuse Ruby's son endured and they were looking for her daughter in Jodi's house who was also abused.

I'm from the NE too and both those gals would have been cuffed in a New York minute.
The cops let both of them have their phones to boot.
Jodi's cop let her go to the bathroom with phone, close the door and she was in there for almost 5 mins..all on cop's body cam.
She could have come out shooting or tried to OD..etc.
I think that's when Ruby called Kevin, she was on her phone before the female cop came and cuffed her.

Well, yes and no.
This is how I understand it: RF and JH have each pled guilty to multiple charges and the punishment assessed for each charge by Board of Pardons and Parole will be served CONSECUTIVELY, not concurrently.
Minimum would be four years. Maximum for all charges, because of the cap imposed by Utah, would be 30 years.
I like and I'm smiling.
Good news with great possibilities.

Hopefully they're seeing their 4 other siblings.
I don't know where the 2 middle age kids are but none of the 4 children should ever be let anywhere near their father, mother's parents or RF's brother.

Does anyone know where the 2 middle children are?

So, as I said, it doesn't help these children at all. Those pictures of them are out there on the internet and in the media forever, as are descriptions of their bodies and their abuse. In the name of the 'greater good'. It shames their abuser, so it's okay.

These aren't deceased victims, these are living children who could not have consented to this. That is what I have a problem with.

MOO
Maybe the saving grace for the children will be all the online info and images if/when Ruby's parents, brother and hubby, who all support her, weasel themselves into the children's life one day using the "forgive the sinner, not the sin" crap these videos will be available as a reminder just how/what their evil mother and her evil cohort abused them.

Jody also abused her niece. She said she didn’t feel safe reporting it until she saw that they were in trouble.

I hadn’t seen the oldest adult child’s statement before. She had contacted CPS and the police 2 or 3 times.
I was just reading about the older sister/police.

Huh?
The cops never returned to a house where 4 young kids were left alone for 5 days?
Oh, it's Utah..silly me.

"She has previously expressed concern for her younger siblings, police records released last month show. In September 2022, she asked Springville officers to check on her younger siblings, whom she said had been left home alone for five days, to make sure they had enough food “for the extended period.” At the time, police responded and the kids appeared to be home, but no one came to the door, the records state.'

Ruby Franke case: Kevin Franke tried to have eldest ...
The Salt Lake Tribune
https://www.sltrib.com › news › 2023/10/07 › ruby-fra...

Oct 7, 2023 — Ruby Franke and Hildebrandt remain in custody without bail in Washington County. They each face six felony counts of aggravated child abuse ...

I read somewhere that said both are doing well in foster care and have put on weight and are back to their hobbies.

No doubt a long road ahead but they are young so hopefully can get the help needed for the future.

What will happen to Ruby Franke's kids now?​

Indy100
https://www.indy100.com › News › ruby franke

Feb 21, 2024 — The youngest of the brood, Abby, Julie, Russell and Eve and now in the care of the Department of Child and Family Services. Their father, Kevin

A police investigation determined religious extremism motivated the women to inflict horrific abuse on Franke's children, Washington County Attorney Eric Clarke announced Friday.

"The women appeared to fully believe that the abuse they inflicted was necessary to teach the children how to properly repent for imagined 'sins' and to cast the evil spirits out of their bodies," Mr Clarke said.
Franke, 42, and Hildebrandt, 54, pleaded guilty to four counts of aggravated child abuse that included convincing Franke's two youngest children they were evil and subjecting them to manual labour, days long fasting and conditions Mr Clarke has described as "concentration camp-like."

The women, who have said they belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, were arrested last August at Hildebrandt's house in Ivins, a city in southern Utah, after her neighbour Danny Clarkson opened his door to find the emaciated boy.

Their actions have been condemned by other Mormon parenting bloggers who say they misrepresented their community and the religion.
These are not followers of Jesus. The abusers sins are real, they are what evil and demon possessed looks like imo.

May they get what they deserve.

Forgive my ignorance on this but can the state go after RF & JH's assets as proceeds of crime?
I know so little about this case and picked up a bit when they were sentenced but IIRC: it was Ruby/lawyer making claims that she was never in business with JH?
But there was Kevin in his first police interview giving a timeline of JF & JH which included when JF went into business with her, the name something with an "X" in it.

Asking if the state could seize any of their business assets is a good question.
Curious if they had LLCs which would protect their personal assets.
Have there been any lawsuits filed against JH or both of them for deceptive advertising by former clients?

Last edited:
Nearly seven months later, Kevin Franke is seeking to regain custody of his four minor children, and he's filed for divorce. "20/20" has learned that R and E have been placed in foster care together and Bate told Juju Chang that they are doing much better.

I would think since he wants custody of his 4 children he knows he sure as hell won't get them if he's still married to Ruby.

imo: Shades & Stench of Asa Ellerup

I’m still not done with his interview (I’m at the part where he’s just been told the condition of his kids). But he seems also arrogant and defensive of the abuse of the kids and not ready to say that the treatment described was wrong. I truly hope he doesn’t have custody of the kids and won’t ever get it.
Absolutely agree with your take on Kevin.
I only wish that the interviewer hadn't rushed to add that that kind of physical abuse was inflicted and how he felt about it.

Here are the things that stood out to me in his interview with LE (including the response to the above point):
- When they asked him who told him he should come to the police station to pick up his kids, Kevin said "I'd prefer not to say." [Why so secretive??]
- in reference to their separating KF said, "Ruby invited me to leave the home." [What kind of weird "invitation" is that? He was either trying to put a positive spin on it, or he was truly messed up psychologically. He said that she invited him to leave to think about the choices he's made in his life and how he treated her. (It's all about pleasing Ruby. Not caring about the kids.)]
- Q: "during your marriage how did you discipline your kids?". Kevin declined to answer that question.
- Q; since your separation, what has she been telling you about how your kids are?" A: "She's not telling me anything."
- Q; Who is this person Jodi? A: She's a therapist and life coach. Q: do you respect her? A: Yeah, I think she's a very honest, truthful person.
- Kevin listened to the Connexions podcast each week. He thought it was a good business venture.
- Kevin says he connected (via email or phone) with Ruby perhaps 4 times in 2023, until she was arrested.
- Q: are you aware of how Ruby disciplines the kids or deals with their behavioral issues or anything like that? A: No.
- Q: are you aware of the physical condition of your children? A: No, I've chosen to trust my wife with the children. That was part of the agreement.
- Kevin said his job was to provide financially for the family.
- Q: What was your responsibility, specifically toward the younger kids? A: I pay the bills. [Great father, eh? grrr!]
- when they stopped 8 passengers they lost 90% of their income.
- Q: was the reason you separated because of the] ending of 8 Passengers? A: The reason we separated was because of the way I treated my wife. [Taking blame.] It related to my own addictions to *advertiser censored*. ... Jodi saw the need for me to get help.
- Q: [Interviewer explains how RF was found and the condition of his health.They explain that his son was taken to the hospital and that DCFS has removed ?? from his wife's care. ] "Do you understand that? Would you condone that behavior?" A: " I don't know the treatment or condition of the children but as you describe it, no. That sounds horri..." [at this point Kevin is cut off by interviewer saying that no one should be treated this way. He doesn't allow time for Kevin to express his views. Instead the LE interviewer inserts his own outrage at the treatment of the kids.]

The interviewers then leave the room giving Kevin 'time to think'.

When they come back Kevin asks, "What is going to happen to my wife? I love my wife." [This is what he cares about?? He doesn't care that his children were terribly abused??] But then Kevin says that he feels like he's been run over by a truck. He asks about his kids and is told that in addition to RF, EF was 'requested to go to hospital based on her emaciated condition'. Kevin shakes his head is disbelief [disapointment?]. Kevin: "Everything you are saying sounds like a made-up story. I have no idea what you are talking about. I understand that you are just doing your jobs. But this sounds like a horror story. I just want my kids."

- Kevin says he is floored by the revelations and that all of his communications with Ruby over the previous year related to finances. They had no communications about the kids. [Doesn't he care about and love his kids??? It doesn't sound like it to me. JMO ]

- Kevin said he woke up that morning, as always, with a determination to live and honest and virtuous life. [Note to Kevin from me: you gave up your kids for your wife. You didn't care about your kids. They were your responsibility too!]

I'm sure many of these points have already been talked about here on WS, but I wanted to document my thoughts and observations after watching Kevin's interview with LE.

Kevin's full interview came up after the videos of the 2 evil personified pathetic excuses for women played.
Unless it was edited out, he didn't question his young son's condition after being told about it including he was now in the hospital and didn't ask LE about his young daughter who was also being abused in Jody's hell hole residence and also in state custody with the other 2 children.

Listening to the interview I already knew he and Ruby were separated and he hadn't seen his children in a year but I found out it was a verbal agreement with Ruby brought on by his *advertiser censored* addiction.
That did raise a big red flag in my thoughts due to his agreeing he cannot see his children because of his *advertiser censored* addiction.

He held Jody in high esteem and still loves his wife and trusts her and wants his wife and family back.
IMO:
The guy has always been whipped beyond help or Ruby/Jody had the goods on him so he moved out,
I had watched both sentencing hearings and Ruby picked up a fiddle and played it, hopefully to deaf ears especially when her parole hearing(s) come up but there was Kevin in the courtroom crying.
Betcha Kevins been visiting Ruby as often as he can.
All that's missing is that Peacock Documentary contract.

For anyone who hasn't seen this video.
Yeah, he's still carrying a torch for Ruby despite the fact that she abused their children. What does that tell you about Kevin?

Anyone:
Has Jodi ever said that she asked God (her God) for forgiveness and he forgave her?
IMO:
That usually goes hand in hand when these radical religious ones get caught for horrendous acts/crimes.

This enables the radical religious ilk to continue supporting her or whomever then say God already forgave her so who am I to throw that stone, thingy.

"Also included in the records is a handwritten journal that Franke kept, according to the Washington County attorney’s office. It documents a timeline of the children’s abuse as well as Franke’s apparent musings of “religious extremism” that prosecutors say motivated the women to harm the kids".

"
I'm pretty sure that Jodi never said that BUT...Ruby said that Jodi mislead her and she had thought that was God's guidance at the time, but now she sees that God has led her out of this situation. So which God is it?? Anyone can follow any guidance saying it is 'God'. This is the danger of extreme religion. Anything can be justified.
JMO, naturally.

I'm pretty sure that Jodi never said that BUT...Ruby said that Jodi mislead her and she had thought that was God's guidance at the time, but now she sees that God has led her out of this situation. So which God is it?? Anyone can follow any guidance saying it is 'God'. This is the danger of extreme religion. Anything can be justified.
JMO, naturally.
After being involved in a discussion on Twitter regarding something similar, I’ve concluded that there is a strong movement in some religious communities now that idolizes “obedience” above love, or charity or any normal virtue. Certain people can literally see an infant crying for its parents and call that “sinning.” What is the sin? Apparently to cry when the parents would prefer it to be quiet. And their solution is to “discipline” a baby who has no concept of any wants or needs other that its own hunger, pain or loneliness.

It isn’t one particular sect, it can be found in many places, but the holders of that sort of belief are frightening in their fanaticism. Ruby”s journals sound more like a concentration camp guard than a parent. She literally had come to enjoy torturing her own children.

It’s absolutely crazy as I watched some of the more talked about 8 passenger videos back in the day as the family was blowing up.

But you would never believe this would ultimately be the outcome. This needs Repeating again Kevin should never get full custody of those kids again as he certainly participated in the early abuse on YouTube. He is just as culpable in the early failings of how they raised Chad , R&E.

Thank god for R as he no doubt saved their life’s.
His participation in the abuse might be up for debate in some ways but he definitely failed to protect them and shouldn't be given the chance to do so again.

He wanted to prosecute his daughter more than Ruby:

“Kevin stated that Shari is not allowed in the home, and that he believes she entered unlawfully and he wants her charged with burglary,” an officer wrote in police documents.

The officer reiterated that Shari was only in the home to get necessary items for her siblings, which Kevin “did not seem to think was relevant,” according to police documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper