UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shivwits Cemetery on the Shivwits Indian Reservation
a spot the ladies liked to take the kids to torture them by making them stand barefoot out in the midday scorching sun

Thankful they at least redacted the portions of the journal that contain the "confessions" forced from these children. I am livid after having read Ruby's journal. My heart breaks for the kids. They are so strong and every little "defiance" Ruby describes in the journals by either child made me so proud of them - for fighting back - for hanging on - for simply surviving the diabolical machinations of these evil evil evil women.
Wow. Ruby is so sadistic. Very much like the monster Shanda Van Der Ark.

Her kids were sick and deteriorating and she called that “defiance”. No, they couldn’t control their bodies due to exhaustion, malnutrition, dehydration and physical abuse.

But the expected symptoms of children dying were considered signs of the devil in them. So the inevitable end to this was going to be death. Especially as they were moving to an even more secluded location to take the kids, where they could torture them more with no interference.

Oh and that sadist knew exactly what she was doing and that it was wrong because she described R’s earlier attempt to get away as the devil wanting her to go to prison. So she knew what she was doing would cause her to be charged and convicted if a crime.

Thank God R got away.

But these women have zero remorse and if they are able to get out early, they will be a grave danger.

Absolutely agree with your take on Kevin.
I only wish that the interviewer hadn't rushed to add that that kind of physical abuse was inflicted and how he felt about it.

Here are the things that stood out to me in his interview with LE (including the response to the above point):
- When they asked him who told him he should come to the police station to pick up his kids, Kevin said "I'd prefer not to say." [Why so secretive??]
- in reference to their separating KF said, "Ruby invited me to leave the home." [What kind of weird "invitation" is that? He was either trying to put a positive spin on it, or he was truly messed up psychologically. He said that she invited him to leave to think about the choices he's made in his life and how he treated her. (It's all about pleasing Ruby. Not caring about the kids.)]
- Q: "during your marriage how did you discipline your kids?". Kevin declined to answer that question.
- Q; since your separation, what has she been telling you about how your kids are?" A: "She's not telling me anything."
- Q; Who is this person Jodi? A: She's a therapist and life coach. Q: do you respect her? A: Yeah, I think she's a very honest, truthful person.
- Kevin listened to the Connexions podcast each week. He thought it was a good business venture.
- Kevin says he connected (via email or phone) with Ruby perhaps 4 times in 2023, until she was arrested.
- Q: are you aware of how Ruby disciplines the kids or deals with their behavioral issues or anything like that? A: No.
- Q: are you aware of the physical condition of your children? A: No, I've chosen to trust my wife with the children. That was part of the agreement.
- Kevin said his job was to provide financially for the family.
- Q: What was your responsibility, specifically toward the younger kids? A: I pay the bills. [Great father, eh? grrr!]
- when they stopped 8 passengers they lost 90% of their income.
- Q: was the reason you separated because of the] ending of 8 Passengers? A: The reason we separated was because of the way I treated my wife. [Taking blame.] It related to my own addictions to *advertiser censored*. ... Jodi saw the need for me to get help.
- Q: [Interviewer explains how RF was found and the condition of his health.They explain that his son was taken to the hospital and that DCFS has removed ?? from his wife's care. ] "Do you understand that? Would you condone that behavior?" A: " I don't know the treatment or condition of the children but as you describe it, no. That sounds horri..." [at this point Kevin is cut off by interviewer saying that no one should be treated this way. He doesn't allow time for Kevin to express his views. Instead the LE interviewer inserts his own outrage at the treatment of the kids.]

The interviewers then leave the room giving Kevin 'time to think'.

When they come back Kevin asks, "What is going to happen to my wife? I love my wife." [This is what he cares about?? He doesn't care that his children were terribly abused??] But then Kevin says that he feels like he's been run over by a truck. He asks about his kids and is told that in addition to RF, EF was 'requested to go to hospital based on her emaciated condition'. Kevin shakes his head is disbelief [disapointment?]. Kevin: "Everything you are saying sounds like a made-up story. I have no idea what you are talking about. I understand that you are just doing your jobs. But this sounds like a horror story. I just want my kids."

- Kevin says he is floored by the revelations and that all of his communications with Ruby over the previous year related to finances. They had no communications about the kids. [Doesn't he care about and love his kids??? It doesn't sound like it to me. JMO ]

- Kevin said he woke up that morning, as always, with a determination to live and honest and virtuous life. [Note to Kevin from me: you gave up your kids for your wife. You didn't care about your kids. They were your responsibility too!]

I'm sure many of these points have already been talked about here on WS, but I wanted to document my thoughts and observations after watching Kevin's interview with LE.
Great post.

It’s so weird. His behavior and affect are inexplicable.

I'm pretty sure that Jodi never said that BUT...Ruby said that Jodi mislead her and she had thought that was God's guidance at the time, but now she sees that God has led her out of this situation. So which God is it?? Anyone can follow any guidance saying it is 'God'. This is the danger of extreme religion. Anything can be justified.
JMO, naturally.

IMO, it would seem that Ruby appointed Jodi God. She believed Jodi channels god, speaks for god, and is instructing her on god's behalf.

This is an example of having a weak spiritual connection, not a strong one. Someone with a true spiritual belief would say, 'hang on, you're not god and you're not telling me what to do with my own children'. Someone religious would demand to know where in the relevant scriptures are these acts described.

She was gullible, selfish, and brainwashed it seems to me. The niece of Jodi had already made a full report on the exact same issues and abuse back in 2010, proof that this all came from Jodi.

Looks like hubby doesn't care too much for his children - why isn't he demanding to know exactly what's wrong with his children in the police video? I'd be wanting details and demanding explanations.

JMO MOO

IMO, it would seem that Ruby appointed Jodi God. She believed Jodi channels god, speaks for god, and is instructing her on god's behalf.

This is an example of having a weak spiritual connection, not a strong one. Someone with a true spiritual belief would say, 'hang on, you're not god and you're not telling me what to do with my own children'. Someone religious would demand to know where in the relevant scriptures are these acts described.

She was gullible, selfish, and brainwashed it seems to me. The niece of Jodi had already made a full report on the exact same issues and abuse back in 2010, proof that this all came from Jodi.

Looks like hubby doesn't care too much for his children - why isn't he demanding to know exactly what's wrong with his children in the police video? I'd be wanting details and demanding explanations.

JMO MOO

Ruby was not Brainwashed and it’s a complete cop out.

Remember this is the same monster who punished her then 6-year old daughter for forgetting her packed lunch.
When the school called Ruby, she not only refused to bring her child lunch, but said she hoped no one at the school fed her child because she needed to learn to be responsible.

This is a 6 year old that she is willing to starve to teach her a lesson. What 6 year old should be responsible for taking her own lunch to school?

There are many more stories of openly admitting to her awful parenting when they blogged everyday for YouTube.

Here are some highlights from Ruby’s YouTube years.

I had forgotten she had stolen Christmas from the younger two while the oldest 4 got to open Christmas presents in front of them.

This is before Jodi was in there life’s so she wasn’t brainwashed here. She is just a nasty sadistic woman who took great delight in torturing her children and openly recorded it for YouTube. It then escalated when YouTube was done and Dusted and Ruby found a partner in Jodie. MOooooooo

ETA - YouTube won’t host her videos anymore so loads of clips have been stuck up on TikTok. They are clearly legit and everybody can see it’s Ruby.

Last edited:
Jody also abused her niece. She said she didn’t feel safe reporting it until she saw that they were in trouble.

I hadn’t seen the oldest adult child’s statement before. She had contacted CPS and the police 2 or 3 times.
Interview with Jodi's niece,Jessi, from 6 months ago.
She also references a podcast she had done about Jodi and the abuse she suffered.
No questions were asked about her parents and why they handed her over to Jodi.
She went to the police when she was 16 to report Jodi.
She explains the support Jodi got from the church which in return would negate any complaints from her clients.
She experienced just about everything we've heard/read, accusations of non-existent addictions and the abuse to get them out of her.

A highly informative interview from a lovely, articulate, intelligent young woman.

Well worth the watch.

Jessi Hildebrandt interview from after RF & JH guilty plea deal sentencing.
It's over 2 hrs long, I haven't listened to it yet but will because I was impressed with her delivery from her prior interview and hope to learn more about how blatant evil is permitted to continue by supposedly good people.

"Mormon Stories"

He wanted to prosecute his daughter more than Ruby:

“Kevin stated that Shari is not allowed in the home, and that he believes she entered unlawfully and he wants her charged with burglary,” an officer wrote in police documents.

The officer reiterated that Shari was only in the home to get necessary items for her siblings, which Kevin “did not seem to think was relevant,” according to police documents.

He is not a good father, jmo and if I were one of those children I would never ever want to see him again.
What a weird person to up and leave the family to only pay the bills then act like you didn’t know what was going then want charges brought against oldest daughter.

Where were you dad when your kids needed you.? Nevermind you probably would have agreed to what was going on.

Wanting your daughter arrested without the facts. Geez

His participation in the abuse might be up for debate in some ways but he definitely failed to protect them and shouldn't be given the chance to do so again.
I think Harlon's razor probably applies Here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I don't think Kevin is malicious in the way that Ruby was/is. But his "stupidity" (as it were) helped contribute to the abuse and neglect of his children. He admitted all the communications between himself and Ruby were about finances over the course of a year; it'd be one thing if he kept asking to speak to the kids on the phone and she kept refusing. And in that case there should be a breaking point where you march yourself over there and ask to see the kids in person. Some people are very naïve or easily manipulated by nature, and that's not a crime in itself, but if his case is so severe he shouldn't get custody of the kids in the immediate future.

I think Harlon's razor probably applies Here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I don't think Kevin is malicious in the way that Ruby was/is. But his "stupidity" (as it were) helped contribute to the abuse and neglect of his children. He admitted all the communications between himself and Ruby were about finances over the course of a year; it'd be one thing if he kept asking to speak to the kids on the phone and she kept refusing. And in that case there should be a breaking point where you march yourself over there and ask to see the kids in person. Some people are very naïve or easily manipulated by nature, and that's not a crime in itself, but if his case is so severe he shouldn't get custody of the kids in the immediate future.
Thank you for posting this.
I cannot agree more !
Either he is clueless or simply does not --and did not-- care.
I am fed up with people who have children and refuse to care for them and/or abuse them.
In RF's case, I believe she knew what she was doing was wrong !
Omo.

The talk about going to Mexico to get drugs caught my attention. And Ruby talked about sedating R in her journal so I believe she was giving him drugs. Anybody else think they were drugging Kevin too? It would explain Kevin's weird hallucinations of plates flying around etc...

The talk about going to Mexico to get drugs caught my attention. And Ruby talked about sedating R in her journal so I believe she was giving him drugs. Anybody else think they were drugging Kevin too? It would explain Kevin's weird hallucinations of plates flying around etc...
If those 2 women had gone on & moved to a property/land in Arizona. IMO the 2 kids would have probably been dead & buried on that land.
After LVD and Chad I can believe anything.
JMO

We learn in the document that Ruby’s son did run away on July 15th. Ruby says she found him two hours after and that he, his sister, Ruby and Jodi all “drive to Arizona and find property. Land!”
Throughout the document Ruby talks about both children being possessed. One time saying her son’s behavior is “Satanic chaos.” She goes on to say that both children have “deviant behavior” …

I am fed up with people who have children and refuse to care for them and/or abuse them.
In RF's case, I believe she knew what she was doing was wrong !

Yeah, she knew it was wrong, that's why she never showed any of the duct tape, handcuffs and festering wounds on her social media. It's why she wouldn't let her son go to the police, and why they were looking for a more isolated place to live.

It’s really good. It is up to date with the new details, diary, video and photos.

They did a good job, especially with the interviews of the first responders which gave a bit more information . One horrible thing mentioned the ladies did was they would withhold water from the children; the daughter said that they would watch her while she's taking a shower or brushing her teeth to make sure she doesn't try to swallow any water.

They did a good job, especially with the interviews of the first responders which gave a bit more information . One horrible thing mentioned the ladies did was they would withhold water from the children; the daughter said that they would watch her while she's taking a shower or brushing her teeth to make sure she doesn't try to swallow any water.

Seriously, water?

That is almost like attempted murder and also they lived in the desert.

I'm confused about the parole board deciding the sentences...?

They need to be locked up for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member