Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I knew a guy who took some lsd and was never quite right after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I believe it. WS member mpnola who worked in mental health care explained in several other threads that even a one time use of drugs can trigger the onset of a mental disease such as, for example, schizophrenia. Maybe something like this happened to Paul. jmo Hope he is found soon.

This is getting stranger by the minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only LDS guideline referring to hair is that men must be clean shaven, in addition when on a mission or at BYU, working for the church, etc. hair must be above the ears. Not sure how devout he is, but I think he's likely less active due to tattoo and wife's SM posts showing her wearing clothing where it'd be impossible to wear G's (i.e. bikini, low cut tops and above knee skirts and dresses)

I know this is an older post but I wanted to ask those who are LDS or know about it. Would someone who is devout LDS have tattoos?
I was raised in a rather hard core LDS home. I wasn't allowed to even do the cracker Jack prize fake tattoos. I did look it up yesterday and it seems that, despite some statements from higher ups, it is becoming more accepted. Also just by the by, I did note a lack of signs that he or his wife wear temple garments. And that's all I'm saying about that.

ETA I see someone pulled up the quote which I was referring to :)
Yeah yikes... You should have seen the look on my dad's face when he first saw my one and only tiny tattoo... Now my niece is pierced and tatted all over the place so he's learning to deal.

I wonder what the LDS honor code says about a 'man bun'....

Did you catch that it (< Paul's 'man bun') was mentioned in one of the speeches at the vigil last night???

Paul --- Please call home!!!
There are differences between "the word of wisdom" outlined in the church scripture "the Doctrine and Covenants," and the various church leaders' interpretation and then, like, individual member's... Like I'm pretty sure my dad's interpretation is as strict if not more so than the "prophets'" definitions.

Can anyone link to a MSM source about Paul's religion? It seems a little pointless to discuss LDS, IMO, since he has obviously not been an observant Mormon for many years from his photos (shirtless, tattoos, man bun, etc.). No where have I seen anyone connected with the investigation say he was having religious struggles. His extended family might be LDS but his immediate family (wife, etc) does not seem to be. JMO.

Sorry, no, I don't have a link. Whether or not he was active or even was ever a member, the church is highly influential in there area, especially in regards to the culture, which may be another reason it's being discussed.

The only LDS guideline referring to hair is that men must be clean shaven, in addition when on a mission or at BYU, working for the church, etc. hair must be above the ears. Not sure how devout he is, but I think he's likely less active due to tattoo and wife's SM posts showing her wearing clothing where it'd be impossible to wear G's (i.e. bikini, low cut tops and above knee skirts and dresses)

Al Fox Carraway aka "The Tattooed Mormon" appears to be very devout and active. and she has a lot of tats. I have never read that she was counseled to have them removed. She gives Firesides and has a few books out. that are sold at Deseret Books. Strange to me. LDS sisters are not allowed to have more than one piercing in each ear. Good for you Al!

http://universe.byu.edu/2015/11/17/al-fox-carraway-tells-conversion-story-at-byu1/

I know there's a pretty high profile CONVERT with tattoos who is on some Mormon materials.

Gosh...i just realized if he was incoherent when he left their house to go to the doctors it's pretty scary to think he was driving in that state...

Gosh...i just realized if he was incoherent when he left their house to go to the doctors it's pretty scary to think he was driving in that state...

He was at the gym that day around 11:30 am.. appearing normal.. talking and joking w others. Then left at 3 pm to go to "appt".

He was at the gym that day around 11:30 am.. appearing normal.. talking and joking w others. Then left at 3 pm to go to "appt".

Link to that info? The only info MSM has is that he had chest type pains and went to a medical doctor, IDK if it stated a time.

Just bringing this forward. BBM

Mod Note

You may discuss the video that the family made that was published in MSM, but anything else found on any family members' SM accounts (including blogs), are off limits.

:tyou:

Also my 2 cents-- tattoo culture is huge in SLC. Some mormons who otherwise believe in the religion have them. I don't think that's the case for PS based on other reasons but anything is possible!

The electronic billboards were still up today. Wonder if they will be gone tomorrow? Maybe they are taking the pressure off?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back