Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, okay I know I said I'm out but I just have to stick my two cents in. There is really no evidence that PS suffers from any kind of mental health issues. If he is missing voluntarily, my opinion only is that he's taking some time out to think.

None of the sightings are verified and again, my opinion only, PS looks like almost every 30 year old dad I know. Those could have been anyone OR if it is him, these interpretations from each witnesses perspective don't necessarily paint a true picture of this missing person. I worry with high profile cases like this one that things may tend to get overly exciting and romanticized by those in the area because it's something to take their mind off the mundane stuff happening in their own lives. A few years back we had a highly publicized murder in my very quiet town. Everyone was just BUZZING with the drama and so many things were said and suggested and floating about that we're likely 99% inaccurate. I had a family member who worked the case and years later this person revealed a tidbit or two and the real situation as realized by LE was nothing like the rumored situation or what was regurgitated to the press.

Again, MOO.

And ducking away again (for who knows how long)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, okay I know I said I'm out but I just have to stick my two cents in. There is really no evidence that PS suffers from any kind of mental health issues. If he is missing voluntarily, my opinion only is that he's taking some time out to think.

None of the sightings are verified and again, my opinion only, PS looks like almost every 30 year old dad I know. Those could have been anyone OR if it is him, these interpretations from each witnesses perspective don't necessarily paint a true picture of this missing person. I worry with high profile cases like this one that things may tend to get overly exciting and romanticized by those in the area because it's something to take their mind off the mundane stuff happening in their own lives. A few years back we had a highly publicized murder in my very quiet town. Everyone was just BUZZING with the drama and so many things were said and suggested and floating about that we're likely 99% inaccurate. I had a family member who worked the case and years later this person revealed a tidbit or two and the real situation as realized by LE was nothing like the rumored situation or what was regurgitated to the press.

Again, MOO.

And ducking away again (for who knows how long)...

Honestly in this case, I trust the people around the case more than the MSM since MSM only quotes the family. The family has been pretty much proven to be glossing over any issues in the case--like saying he has a mental condition, that foul play is involved, that this behavior isn't consistent with his character only for either them or LE to later contradict every claim.

I think there is alot of stuff going on that we just don't know jmo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

According to portfolios of commercial shooters (not on social media) he appeared in some work with her but had a much less edgy look a year ago. His tat is recent. Lets hope this concludes with everyone safe and sound and able to make prudent decisions about the future.

Reminds me a lot of Nicholas Francisco.

Or Erick Wales....I could have sworn that there was a WS thread for him but searching has brought up nothing....in San Diego, abandoned car, disappeared....later located - he just wanted to start a new life AWAY from his very religious family.

Mystery surrounds case of missing American Fork man
August 1, 2017

Snipped...
...Swenson visited a doctor hours before he went missing with a complaint about chest pains, American Fork Police Sgt. Josh Christensen said. Swenson’s wife, Ashlee, told police Swenson had been “talking randomness” and acting strangely over the past several days.

“He was just not making sense in a lot of the things he talked about. The way he was acting was just very strange and just odd behavior for what he is normally,” Christensen said.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45252340&nid=148

Or Erick Wales....I could have sworn that there was a WS thread for him but searching has brought up nothing....in San Diego, abandoned car, disappeared....later located - he just wanted to start a new life AWAY from his very religious family.

I think either this is what happened, or someone figured out he was trying to leave his situation and he ended up dead somehow when they tried to stop him.

Some people will do anything to hold on to the life they have, while others will do anything to leave the life they have. If one of each type is in a relationship it's a recipe for disaster.

Has anyone figured out what he did for a living? I've not seen it mentioned....

And chest pains are a classic sign of anxiety.....and I'll leave it at that before I get a time out as I have definite ideas about this disappearance.

Has anyone figured out what he did for a living? I've not seen it mentioned....

And chest pains are a classic sign of anxiety.....and I'll leave it at that before I get a time out as I have definite ideas about this disappearance.

Initially the case reminded me of a friend who went off the deep end junior year. Turned out he was schizophrenic. Obviously conjecture.

Googled extensively. Can't find anything re: employment

There's a crazy amount of police activity (including helicopters?!) in east Murray (couple blocks from last known location) right now. I'm studying for an exam--quick google/Reddit search turned up nothing. Could be totally unrelated. Probably is. But a crazy, annoying amount of sirens!

Initially the case reminded me of a friend who went off the deep end junior year. Turned out he was schizophrenic. Obviously conjecture.

Googled extensively. Can't find anything re: employment

There's a crazy amount of police activity (including helicopters?!) in east Murray (couple blocks from last known location) right now. I'm studying for an exam--quick google/Reddit search turned up nothing. Could be totally unrelated. Probably is. But a crazy, annoying amount of sirens!

Hope it calms down soon and good luck for the exam.

MSM said his last known location was an O'Reilley's. I wish we knew what he was doing there. Clearly the car was capable of being driven from the auto store to the elementary school it was abandoned at, but why was PS at the store??

I initially thought PS left of his own accord but the car just doesn't make sense there... if he didn't leave of his own accord, why are the videos released asking him to come home focusing on "we love you, we don't care what happened"?

I missed that MSM said his last known location was an O'Reilly's.
Can you get me the link?

If that's true it's a little odd. They don't stock much for BMW's.

Snipped...

Police: Missing American Fork man was acting oddly before disappearance

SALT LAKE CITY — A 30-year-old American Fork father who went missing Thursday wasn't making sense and was acting out-of-character in the hours before he disappeared, authorities said. Paul Heiner Swenson also had also gone to the doctor that morning because he was having heart issues, said American Fork Police Sgt. Josh Christensen.

Swenson was headed to a different appointment in Salt Lake County in his family's black BMW about 3 p.m., police said. But his car was found the next morning at an elementary school in Salt Lake City's Glendale neighborhood.

"We're very concerned for him and his safety, so we're taking it very seriously," Christensen said, adding that Swenson's wife and others said he had been acting oddly.

"He may still be going through some type of mental health crisis or something similar. He may not be in his right state of mind," Christensen said.

Police say Swenson did not have history of mental health issues. And they have not specified what kind of appointment he was heading to Thursday afternoon.
Detectives believe he didn't reach his destination and is currently in or around Milcreek. They tracked his phone and determined he was near 4700 South and 900 East in Millcreek Thursday evening. After that, his cellphone was turned off or ran out of battery.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...an-was-acting-oddly-before-disappearance.html

BBM.

Police: Missing American Fork man was acting oddly before disappearance

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...an-was-acting-oddly-before-disappearance.html

BBM.

So here we have "heart issues" mentioned and OTOH a possible "mental health crisis". (Could of course be he had both.)

Would the doctor he saw for the "heart issues" tell the family his findings and conclusions? And that's why they are assuming it might be a mental health issue because the doctor confirmed there was nothing wrong with his heart?

In researching there is something that definitely doesn't click. From some reading that was alluded to earlier, it seems like a lot more going on. (I hope this doesn't violate tos). Please delete if it does.
I wonder if the car could have been traded on the street? Quick cash to get out of town and then, by it being so broadcast it was dumped in a hurry. Or, sometimes desperate people can make desperate choices. It really sounds as if he made some radical changes. Maybe he tried to curtail some demons on his own, which also creates anxiety and abnormal behaviour. I'm not saying this is what happened, but I'm not buying the whole heart issue when what's being reported is he has no know health issues. Which is it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So here we have "heart issues" mentioned and OTOH a possible "mental health crisis". (Could of course be he had both.)

Would the doctor he saw for the "heart issues" tell the family his findings and conclusions? And that's why they are assuming it might be a mental health issue because the doctor confirmed there was nothing wrong with his heart?
Or perhaps he received some devastating news from the appointment? Are there any heart conditions that can cause confusion or altered mental state? Or any genetic syndromes or other diseases for which both are symptoms?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Snipped...

Amazing find. Thank you! :)

I don't know how ethical this is--and feel free to delete-- but my neighbor and I have been a couple times to help put up fliers... there's a lot of locals, a lot of nice people, a lot of family but a noticeable lack of LE. Is this common in searches?

Edit: oh my god. I forgot to mention that one of Paul's friends (I think) was broadcasting the whole time. LE would advise against that FOR SURE if they suspected foul play.

Paul either left willingly or is having a mental breakdown. MOO. I hope he's safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back