Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I crazy or is this PS's Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/paul.swenson.9237

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have to say it certainly appears that it is!!!

However, this may or may not be significant! I believe I read somewhere earlier in this thread that PS had deleted his FB acct prior to the date he was reported missing.

Depending on when his account was deactivated, it could possibly have 'automatically RE-activated'. See screen shot attached.

Facebook gives the option to TEMPORARILY deactivate an account AND the option to automatically RE-activate based on the # of days chosen which is as little as 1 & the max is 7 days.

MAYBE his intentions were simply to get away for a bit to clear his mind & subsequently deactivated all SM accts while he was laying low. Could be possible that he only planned to stay away for a short amount of time thus choosing the option to automatically RE-activate in 'X' amount of days...
of course, all my opinions only!!
1789f814c0d5c5da3afb82fe5c5215b6.jpg

Folks, Websleuths is a fact-based forum. When you you state something as fact, you must be able to provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM) to back it up. No link, no post.

It is a TOS violation to insert yourself into a case and contact any of the key players.

Again, sleuthing anyone other than Paul is against the rules. His family members are OFF LIMITS.

No more warnings.

Time Outs will be forthcoming to those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Thank you

Folks, Websleuths is a fact-based forum. When you you state something as fact, you must be able to provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM) to back it up. No link, no post.

It is a TOS violation to insert yourself into a case and contact any of the key players.

Again, sleuthing anyone other than Paul is against the rules. His family members are OFF LIMITS.

No more warnings.

Time Outs will be forthcoming to those who continue to post with a disregard for the rules.

Thank you

Hoping my last post didn't violate TOS!! I did take that screenshot of the Facebook 'deactivation/auto RE-activation' option from my personal FB settings, to be referenced simply as an example!! [emoji4]

If he deactivated his Facebook, anyone could reactivate it simply by logging in with his correct email and password (I know because I deactivated for a while and then re-activated by logging in).

So if it WAS deactivated, it could be that Ashlee had his login info and decided to log on to read his messages or something. Or law enforcement. Or not. I just meant it doesn't necessarily mean he is the one who re-activated.

The real question: Are his actions calculated or random, impulsive choices? If he's intentionally leaving, he is vacating a $400-$500K home (property records are on line), parked a $50K 2016 Bimmer, and is apart from his child and a simply gorgeous spouse. Could be a great life or a pressure pot of crushing debt. He appears to have a physique that would not enable him to be easily overpowered. He also formed a corporation in June. If he disposed of personal assets, that to me lessens the likelihood this is a random psychotic break and shows planning. Knowing more about the "strange" clothing found in the vehicle would be helpful; such as the size and type; khakis? sweats? lingerie? I find the word "strange" to be an odd word to use to describe clothing unless it was some sort of weird cosplay.

Could that be an old fb account?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

The real question: Are his actions calculated or random, impulsive choices? If he's intentionally leaving, he is vacating a $400-$500K home (property records are on line), parked a $50K 2016 Bimmer, and is apart from his child and a simply gorgeous spouse. Could be a great life or a pressure pot of crushing debt. He appears to have a physique that would not enable him to be easily overpowered. He also formed a corporation in June. If he disposed of personal assets, that to me lessens the likelihood this is a random psychotic break and shows planning. Knowing more about the "strange" clothing found in the vehicle would be helpful; such as the size and type; khakis? sweats? lingerie? I find the word "strange" to be an odd word to use to describe clothing unless it was some sort of weird cosplay.

Having a BMW, Money, hot wife- may seem ideal to some people but maybe not for this person. Maybe its not what he wants and chose to start a new lifestyle.

We have seen it here many many times that happy photos on fb mean absolutely nothing. Both of them could in reality have been deeply unhappy with their shared life and wouldn't plaster it all over sm. jmo

The photo definitely looks a few years old, he has changed a lot since. Maybe he wanted a different kind of life.

AMERICAN FORK, Utah (ABC4 Utah) - The baffling case of Paul Swenson continues to enthrall many in Utah and abroad- but American Fork police told ABC4 Wednesday the missing husband and father may have been spotted in the Salt Lake valley acting strange and delusional.

"Our concern is that he's not in the right state of mind," said Sgt. Josh Christensen with AFPD. Christensen said investigators continue to operate on the belief Swenson may have had some sort of mental breakdown. Christensen said a man they are confident in, says Swenson has been spotted in Salt Lake County and has made contact with people- talking about things that aren't real, "describing things that are tangible that everybody else can see are not true."
http://www.good4utah.com/news/local...ossibly-spotted-in-delusional-state/781315660

BBM. These descriptions by LE indicate a mental health crisis, NOT a man who planned this all in advance and decided to "take a break" from his life. JMO. I hope he is found soon.

According to this article posted a few hours ago, the police say a person they are confident in has said he has been spotted in a delusional state in SLC.

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local...ossibly-spotted-in-delusional-state/781315660

Snipped...
... candlelight vigil is scheduled to pray and "wish Paul home" for Wednesday night at 1661 E Murray Holladay Rd, the search command post. That vigil begins at 9:30 p.m.

Also, the video at the link - with LE speaking about the case for the first time - says no cell phone or credit card activity...

ETA: the article also says there was a cell phone in the car "Inside the car were strange items, including a cell phone and a bag of clothing not belonging to Swenson, police said."

Snipped...

Also, the video at the link - with LE speaking about the case for the first time - says no cell phone or credit card activity...

ETA: the article also says there was a cell phone in the car "Inside the car were strange items, including a cell phone and a bag of clothing not belonging to Swenson, police said."

The thing about mental crisis is that even in the middle of them you can seem lucid to others. It is quite possible he picked up some hitchhikers/vagrants acting perfectly typical, and after a bit they fled the car for their own safety leaving their possessions behind. If they don't have access to the news, they wouldn't know this man is being sought, and as a general rule the homeless and like don't seek out LE.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Snipped...

Wondering also why these items were described as "strange".

Do you in the US use the word "strange" to describe something that doesn't belong to you? Like, it belongs to a 'stranger'? Or only to describe something that looks odd, is out of place, unexpected, etc? I wouldn't think clothing and a phone to be strange things found in a car.

Am I making sense at all? lol

Yes, strange can be used to imply "owned by someone else" or "not known where it came from".....

I think they are just saying the items found were not Paul's or his wife's (since it was her car).

I am assuming that the phone that was found might be a "burner" phone...or else LE is just not saying who it belongs to (since they aren't saying much at all in this investigation....)

Wondering also why these items were described as "strange".

Do you in the US use the word "strange" to describe something that doesn't belong to you? Like, it belongs to a 'stranger'? Or only to describe something that looks odd, is out of place, unexpected, etc? I wouldn't think clothing and a phone to be strange things found in a car.

Am I making sense at all? lol

No, we don't use it that way - and I'm with you I'm not sure exactly what makes them strange minus the fact that they "don't belong to him". A lot that I think we aren't aware of. Such a strange case...I'm biting my tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective
Back