Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m now leaning towards her being attacked immediately after entering that vehicle.

I can’t get past her phone being shut off right away, and I can’t think of a plausible ruse that he could have used to achieve that.

I’m wondering if he held her at gunpoint, and/or restrained her in some way.

Because of this whole mattress thing, I think it’s likely that she was alive in that house, for a (short) period of time.
I thought that too but others pointed out that the weapon they found during the search warrant would not be good for this type of move? I meant to google the weapon and never got around to it. I too would like to know what happened in that car. JMO

This may be a moot point, but someone awhile back asked what one needs to do to be an Airbnb host. I am one, and the answer is "not much". You list your space, take some pics, and you're good to go. Your listing definitely needs to be approved by Airbnb, but unless it looks horrible or you don't provide enough information or...whatever other red flag they may find, I don't think there is a huge vetting process. However, I don't think this has anything to do with Airbnb. First, she lives in the same town. I doubt she would have reserved the space through Airbnb to stay 20 minutes from home, and if she had, there would be a clear record of it. All guests and hosts, once the reservation is accepted, get the other's information, so it's all out there - and of course Airbnb can pull those records any time, too.

I am curious though, if the maid saw all of those cameras you would think that any Airbnb guests would have seen them, too - that's assuming that he ever had any. I put a lot of work into my space and am almost always booked with tons of easily seen great reviews, but it's work. You have to really take care of your space and your guests, and I'm not sure this guy would have done that. In any case, visible cameras are defintely a big no no and should have been reported, if he had any guests that had seen them. I know I sure would have reported it! I have stayed in quite a few myself and would have never not reported something like that!

Chris Jones on Twitter
BREAKING: Mugshot of Ayoola Ajayi, suspected murderer of #MackenzieLueck
D-LDNE8UIAAq5gz.jpg

1:41 PM - 28 Jun 2019

Even if I'm doing it tongue in cheek and skewering him?

IDK -- not sure that even the deftest satire works at the level of a brutal assault, murder and incineration of a uniquely vulnerable person. There's an important difference between craft and unadulterated murderous fantasy. And having skimmed the first parts, I can confirm that AA's effort is mostly the latter, produced at the level of sub-grade-school fan fiction but without any of that genre's sincerity and goofy charm.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out with my mother for her birthday when this news broke. I’m so sorry for all of her loved ones. I can’t imagine their grief. I had held out a tiny bit of hope she could have been being held somewhere and was alive.

I've been following this with horror this morning.

But I have to say I have had a VERY bad feeling about ML and whether or not she was still alive since the very first day I heard about it. Which was just Monday. What a week.

AA is exactly what I thought the perp would turn out to be <modsnipped race reference>. And I do think they need to look for additional victims, because IMHO he's likely a serial SOMETHING.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are devastated. Our community, especially those of us with children this age, is absolutely heartbroken. We so hoped for a different conclusion. I do want to thank you all for jumping in to help solve a crime! I’m impressed with this group and the time each of you spends to delve into specifics, look for clues, and try to solve events that affect people other than yourself.
So sorry for your loss and thank you for joining in with us and providing your local perspective - it's heartbreaking to say the least.

I'm heartbroken. As we suspected he did burn her in the garden. Her poor family can't even have her body back. Just imagine having your mother's funeral, your precious daughter having there grieving with you, then she leaves and a few hours later she's murdered. I feel sick.

LE and the crime lab guys etc did a really good job, they were quick.
I hope Utah have the death penalty. I'm glad that LE is not mentioning his name. I bet his narcissist *advertiser censored* would love having his name out there everywhere, but we have to focus on Kenzie and her story. That poor girl. Thank God that was an amateur, stupid idiot and made LE's work easier.
My heart goes out to Mackenzie's family and friends and to those guys who work on the case.
Rest in paradise Mackenzie

Can confirm. I was groped on the street less than a block from where I was living by a guy who thought my body was his property. I was wearing normal clothing, it was 9am and I was going about my day. Don't put blame on Kenzie or anyone else for that matter for what happened to them.
OMG! How terrifying! I'm so sorry you had to experience this!

If the account provided by that building contractor is true, I think that sheds a lot of light on this guy’s fantasy life.

It seems that he wanted to keep women prisoner, as sex slaves or something.

This is serial killer level stuff.

Because I’m convinced this was premeditated (based on the meeting place and Kenzie’s phone being shut off immediately), I’m disturbed by the prospect of previous crimes.

This didn’t come out of nowhere, and there has to be some level of build up.

Women were disposable to him.
Yes. She was not a SB or casual friend, she was a one-time, disposable prop in his fantasy (and perhaps in a video/photo shoot).

He had something specific in mind, imo, and she looked the part and was easily accessible. This was not a mutually-agreed-upon exchange relationship, but he tricked her, used her, abused her, and killed her.

There is no way I think this is his first victim. I don't know if he's killed before, but he has pulled similar tricks and acts before, imo. And I certainly don't think ML would've been the last. Thank goodness he was stopped.

jmo

This may be a moot point, but someone awhile back asked what one needs to do to be an Airbnb host. I am one, and the answer is "not much". You list your space, take some pics, and you're good to go. Your listing definitely needs to be approved by Airbnb, but unless it looks horrible or you don't provide enough information or...whatever other red flag they may find, I don't think there is a huge vetting process. However, I don't think this has anything to do with Airbnb. First, she lives in the same town. I doubt she would have reserved the space through Airbnb to stay 20 minutes from home, and if she had, there would be a clear record of it. All guests and hosts, once the reservation is accepted, get the other's information, so it's all out there - and of course Airbnb can pull those records any time, too.

I am curious though, if the maid saw all of those cameras you would think that any Airbnb guests would have seen them, too - that's assuming that he ever had any. I put a lot of work into my space and am almost always booked with tons of easily seen great reviews, but it's work. You have to really take care of your space and your guests, and I'm not sure this guy would have done that. In any case, visible cameras are defintely a big no no and should have been reported, if he had any guests that had seen them. I know I sure would have reported it! I have stayed in quite a few myself and would have never not reported something like that!

Hey, thanks! I was the one who asked. Appreciate the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55