Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Steelslady. I’m having a VERY hard time understanding why some people are so caught up on why we haven’t seen her get in the Lyft. WHY is it an issue? LE has seen it, they have the murderer and they have what they need to prove it. WE don’t need to see it.
These are likely some of the same people who were also bothered when LE did not release video of Kelsey Berreth walking out of Safeway, only video of her going in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
BBM - I think the soundproof room was allocated to the basement, per the contractor who declined the job. Also, I think I read that there was an outside entrance to the basement. I could be wrong - I am reading much a lightening speed sometimes.

Thanks. I'm wondering if it was going to be in that laundry area with the tile floor.

I don't see an outside entrance to the basement. The stairs to the basement appear to be just across from where you enter the front door.

Yes. He lied about knowing Kenzie, and denied meeting with her.

They found information on his phone that proved he was being deceitful.

He even had photos of her.

At some point, they cut him loose.

From the Salt Lake Tribune:

In a police interview with Ajayi, Brown said, the suspect asserted he texted Lueck about 6 p.m. June 16, but had no further contact with her. He said he didn’t know what Lueck looked like and said he hadn’t seen her photos or online profile, Brown said, but he had several photos of her, including an image from an online profile. Brown did not disclose which website the profile was on.
Thanks. I knew he said all that but I was reading post arrest and that's when I thought that info came out.
Thanks for the patience, I think I'm up on info now.

Usually police release the last known photo of a victim. In this case, that should be at the exit door of the airport. Going from memory, I think the last photo is earlier when she's collecting her luggage. That's the only reason I asked the question. Maybe the photo collecting luggage is the better photo - who knows.
My assumption is that they chose the stills from the videos to release based on not showing anyone else in the same view. If there are a number of people in the same area where Kenzie got her Lyft releasing such a photo would have led to dozens or hundreds of calls to the tip line that amount to "check out the guy behind her and to the left" or "at the edge of the photo I can see shoes sticking out like they are trying to hide" and other useless nonsense tips that show up in cases with major publicity. And all of them would be useless and tie up resources.

One thing we know is that we did not get a clothing description of what Kenzi was wearing until Monday or Tuesday and that had to be due to viewing what she was wearing in the airport video.

It's not such a stretch that he had money and could have gotten a loan. I mean that bed that was delivered to the house after they searched it was almost $600, which is a good amount of money. Also if he had Amazon Prime, it means he murdered someone and then ordered furniture. If that doesn't speak volumes.

Probably could pay it, but chose not to. Apparently it is not uncommon, when someone has closed on a house purchase and has an approved mortgage, for them to just stop paying their rent....
Because many renters have a history of skipping out on the last month's rent, most are required to pay first and last month's rent along with the damage deposit up front.

Last edited:
Presumably he was still living with his spouse then and both incomes counted when he applied for a mortgage.

True - I did not think of this! Since their divorce was final in January, perhaps AA needed some extra income. Timing makes sense - the final decree would be an interesting read. Speaking of the Ex - I wonder if LE has interviewed her.

They interviewed him right after the first press conference when they found out he was the last person she was texting with. At first they said he was not a suspect, and then 3 days later they announced that he was a POI, but we did not know at that time that he was the person she was texting.
At that time he denied texting her at 3:00. He said he last texted her at 6:00 the night before.

(I have no idea if that made any sense.) Imo
Perfect sense. Thanks.
I was so caught up in the Sherin Matthews trial I missed the first of ML and couldn't catch up. Appreciate info.

Many murderers prove to have stable work history, and are home owners. (Chris Watts).

By all accounts - AA was steadily employed by reputable firms.
I don't recall any firms from his LinkedIn denouncing him.

See nothing wrong with his starter home purchase.

MOO

Wow- I did not see this! Thank you for posting this. I do recall slightly Lauren McClusky. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
bbm-
Well, it does make me wonder if knowledge of this case might be why a previous poster speculated that AA may have been blackmailing ML over explicit photographs/video.

Last edited:
Forgive my confusion but why does the prosecution need to prove how ML got to the house? LE has proof ML entered the Lyft at the airport and they have interviewed the driver. He's not a suspect. There is no safety issue about women and the SLC airport.

JMO

LE has proof that the Lyft took ML from the airport to the park. They have strong circumstantial evidence that the person who picked her up there was AA. (His phone there at the same time as hers.) I’d be seriously surprised if they do not have some sort of communication arranging to meet in the park. And last, horribly, they have her burned body in his back yard, with neighbors stating that he was doing the burning. (When a neighbor asked him about it, he said that he was almost done.)

There might well be much more evidence. I believe that there is. But just this is much more than LE needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader