Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one likes these people getting off for grotesque crimes.

So you think we shouldn’t defend everyone, and should pick and chose?

I stand prepared to be mocked and scorned for my stand on this so I'll take a rest from commenting on it.

It's hard to be objective when you've looked into the faces of children molested by monsters, especially when you know there is a long line of children harmed by the same men who were never punished. Pedophiles do not change their ways.

When you absolutely know what was done and there is no punishment, you feel kind of ready to pick and choose.

So I'll take that pause.

Interesting data point. Coupled with the statement the police issued early on that last person she texted was cooperating, mean AA became a POI quickly. The cops kept a very low profile until they had the warrant.

Dutch (Netherlands) police recently rescued a 9 or 10 year old girl from an American who had grabbed her and held her in a hotel. He is 50 years old. She is young. It was a swarm arrest - no sirens.

Sometimes that works best.

I stand prepared to be mocked and scorned for my stand on this so I'll take a rest from commenting on it.

It's hard to be objective when you've looked into the faces of children molested by monsters, especially when you know there is a long line of children harmed by the same men who were never punished.

When you absolutely know what was done and there is no punishment, you feel kind of ready to pick and choose.

So I'll take that pause.
That’s a failure of law enforcement and the DA though.

A rigged system is an unfair one.

Because whatever it was this other guy found questionable or concerning doesn't seem to have been so glaringly disturbing that it made her uncomfortable with talking to him or meeting him.

Good point. However, the reporter noted that the ML's friend said many things that are inappropriate to repeat on TV. Lead me to imagine kinky acts.

That's what I want to know too....who is paying?
How did she come to be his Defense Attorney for "maybe this week" ? She didn't solicit as pro bono, did she?

Pro bono?
Does it matter who is paying for the defendant to have an attorney?

Is the person who is paying a sugar mommy?
Obviously it doesn't stop at sugar dad. All genders can provide.

It means that the last person she texted with is not the suspect.
Hopefully she said something about what she walked into before she walked into it.
He was texting her up until 3:00 that morning, but he initially lied to LE about it. He was the last person to text with her. There was no-one else, unfortunately.

He was texting her up until 3:00 that morning, but he initially lied to LE about it. He was the last person to text with her. There was no-one else, unfortunately.

Exactly. That cooperating person who was “not a POI,” was in fact the prime suspect.

They just didn’t want to tip their hand.

I still think that it’s very likely that she turned her phone off voluntarily. She’s running around the airport, collecting her luggage. She arranged the Lyft. She texts AA. I’m sure she wants to stay in communication with AA, in case there’s some last minute glitch like a flat tire on the Lyft.

So, as soon as she gets in the car with AA, she’s safe, (she thinks), no need for her to have the phone on—and she’s not going to be getting any calls at 3:00 am, anyway. So, she turns it off to save the charge, in case she needs it later. I think that that is a simple, plausible, no-coincidences involved explanation for the timing of the phone being shut off.

Not the only explanation, but I think that there’s a solid chance that it’s correct.

all this MOO
Kenzie had texted her mom to say she had arrived at the airport. What if she didn’t want her mom to text her back (in case her mom woke up if she was sleeping) while on the meet, so she turned her phone off. I turn my phone off when I don’t want calls or texts. Just a possible theory...

Good point. However, the reporter noted that the ML's friend said many things that are inappropriate to repeat on TV. Lead me to imagine kinky acts.

The reporter said that comments from the friend (who did not want to be identified) could not be broadcast on public TV.

Hopefully the friend (witness) meant what he said when he said that Kenzie had met with the suspect prior to her disappearance. Is that actually what he said? Now that there's a question, perhaps he could clarify?

At some point, while waiting to learn what happened, it came down to Leonard Lake and Charles Ng. They also wanted a dungeon for a woman.

Just because people are repulsed by that list, it doesn’t mean they do not believe in the right to defend oneself, due process, etc. as a whole; I think the repulsion comes from the fact that some sexual offenders have really awful violent crimes and repeated histories and do belong in prison, yet they get a slap on the wrist and get to go reoffend, that’s the issue. Let’s not turn this into everyone is bashing defense attorneys as a whole because I’m not seeing anything of that. Sure some of those people on the list could be innocent. I’m not some dummy that doesn’t know anything about the law. I know about the law. Doesn’t mean I have to like her client list and whom she chooses to HELP stay out of jail.

ETA:

“March 2016 - Client charged with 25 counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, sodomy upon a child and rape of a child in two separate jurisdictions. After blistering cross examination of alleged victim by Gustin at preliminary hearing, prosecutor agrees to offer misdemeanor, no sexual registration. Client was looking at minimum mandatory sentences that would put him in prison for life.”

Moving on.

Last edited:
Kenzie had texted her mom to say she had arrived at the airport. What if she didn’t want her mom to text her back (in case her mom woke up if she was sleeping) while on the meet, so she turned her phone off. I turn my phone off when I don’t want calls or texts. Just a possible theory...

I’d be down with that, if it wasn’t so damn convenient.

It benefited this guy tremendously, and fit perfectly with what he had done, and what he was trying to do.

Make that trail a dead end.

That's what I want to know too....who is paying?
How did she come to be his Defense Attorney for "maybe this week" ? She didn't solicit as pro bono, did she?
Yes! Pro Bono is a possibility, but my gut doubts it. I'm sure we will learn soon. I am still in shock and her family is always on my mind. IMO - AA is an evil predator.

Just because people are repulsed by that list, it doesn’t mean anyone doesn’t believe in the right to defend oneself, due process etc as a whole, I think the repulsion comes from the fact that some sexual offenders have really awful repeated histories and do belong in prison, yet they get a slap on the wrist and get to go reoffend. Let’s not turn this into everyone is bashing defense attorneys as a whole because I’m not seeing anything of that. Sure some of those people on the list could be innocent. So, for me I’m not some dummy that doesn’t know anything about the law. I know about the law. Doesn’t mean I have to like her client list.
Exactly!!!

I think she was too smart to have turned her phone off, I don’t think it happened to die. It was forced off. Immediately. I think she knew having clicked her seatbelt stuff was going south.

Also, I think it’s probable he did not act alone. Why? Because I feel it was too much for him to do. If she was under threat in the car, the moving her to the house would be 10x harder than if she was still comfortable with him. Managing her in the car from the get go would be difficult. Incapacitate, take phone, drive, keep her from escaping, move her to the house, etc etc. coupled with the fact he had various people at the house and seemed well networked online, he could have gotten accomplices together. Like Holly Bobo.

A weapon would make things easy, but not really. With just him, she could have run when they got to his place. She could have run at a stop light. He was driving!

With a second guy, all of this would be very possible. Not saying there is a long history of single perps doing a lot. He was driving. You can’t really even keep a handgun on someone and drive, I don’t think.

If she voluntarily turned her phone off, the she travelled willingly with him.

Yea, I don’t get the dissing of defense attorneys. Everybody has the right to a fair trial. We need defense attorneys even for the guilty. The system demands a vigorous prosecution. The accused needs someone on their side, familiar with the rules and laws to ensure they get a fair shot. Defense attorneys act as a check on the entire system in my opinion. They keep LE honest, keep the prosecutors double checking what they do, and protect an individual’s rights.
Exactly....thanks for sharing that!

Kenzie had texted her mom to say she had arrived at the airport. What if she didn’t want her mom to text her back (in case her mom woke up if she was sleeping) while on the meet, so she turned her phone off. I turn my phone off when I don’t want calls or texts.

Parents want to hear that a a child they put on a plane has safely landed. Kenzie texted her mom to say that she landed, but she didn't text to say that she was home safe.

I doubt her mom was sleeping. More likely, she was half awake, like the mother of a newborn, waiting to know that her daughter arrived home safely.

<modsnip - unintended, but hurtful to family> Between the funeral and wedding, I think her mom would have been checking in often - but not so often that Kenzie ignored her mother or viewed it as an irritation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member