Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is amazing that any murderer can be burning their victim right outside in their yard. Ceasar Lauren also had a bonfire in his busy subdivision with Maria Lauterbach's body underneath. The big difference he had buried ML in a shallow grave underneath the bonfire. Still because there are always cracks, and crevices in the unpacked dirt the heat went down inside resulting in her lower extremities being completely burned off reduced to ashes.

Here it was far worse. Imo

Imo. AA dismembered her before putting KL directly in the fire, and doused gasoline directly on her remains, and continued to douse gasoline throughout.

The burning of a human body is a smell like no other animal.

I've read it's because of the human makeup including our food intake.

It's so putrid I don't understand why the neighbors didn't at least call the FD or PD to come check on WHAT he was burning. It had to be a stench smell they had never smelled before.

A firefighter or perhaps a nurse or PO or first responders who had cared for, and seen badly burned victims would have instantly recognized its distinct smell.

I wish someone had called because at least her family would have more to bury than just bits of tissue.

That has to be heart shattering for them all knowing what this monster reduced KL to after horrifically taking her life away.

Jmho

If one of my next door neighbors was burning something that smelled really bad, I'm really not sure if I'd call the cops. I'd think "wow that is so out of character and I wonder why they are doing that" but since I know them all to be really normal folks, I don't think I'd have suspected it could be a body.

This case sure has some information that is in conflict.

How can you be a member of the Army National Guard without ever going to boot camp?

Is that even possible?

This may be completely out there, but is it possible that he was a civilian employee of the National Guard, doing IT work or whatever? That would maybe technically put him as a member of the NG, but by not having taken basic training, he would not be deployable into a potentially dangerous zone. I have no military background at all, so what I suggest may not even be possible. Just thinking...

Last edited:
Well, this is something I didn't see coming. AA was baptized into the LDS church almost ten years ago.
LDS missionary recalls baptism of accused killer in MacKenzie Lueck case

I think he tried anything he could do to get ahead or have an "American" life. College (couldn't complete it). Wife (in an arranged set up but couldn't build a relationship). Great jobs (resume was a lie). Own his home (probably couldn't make enough to live in it without supplemental income). Show talents (wrote a book that was filleted on Amazon, Goldman Sachs/Dell jobs that may not have existed). Stay relevant in a youth culture (model, date beautiful women, be desirable). Became a Mormon (prevalent religion, business connections, doesn't appear he could maintain). It must have made him furious that he was that close but couldn't close deals or belong.
He clearly was/is a scary man that gave off signals to many that he was disturbed if not a criminal. He also developed an important skill--pushing up to the line of where people will hold you accountable and walking away-- and moved on frequently while his fantasies of controlling someone or being desired by someone took over. Kenzie was probably not the first fall into his "I'm a good guy" trap. His ex describes him in the beginning as not so bad. But, the more people got to know him the more uncomfortable he made them, because you can't hide pathology for long as it interrupts/disrupts everything.

Last edited:
I think it's also likely that she doesn't realized yet how much of what she "knew" about him was false. She has probably been told of his arrest and the case at hand, but isn't sleuthing like we are, so may not know his jobs/income/education/military record/etc are a bunch of hooey JMO

Agree! Also, the girl is a nervous wreck, which makes for a poor interview. She has gone from being terrified of AA to now fearing trouble for the ruse of a marriage. I am just glad she got away from the murdering and wish her well in the future.

I hope this is because the feds are taking over and not because LE arrested AA too quickly before getting all their ducks in a row. Don't they have a limited number of days to either charge him or release him? How long can he be held without charges and without bond? I hope he doesn't get released. He's a flight risk IMHO.

Unfortunately, the fight against "she deserved it" appears to be never ending. And, I don't think it is just trolls. People can be brutal to those who are on the margins or choose lifestyles that are not understood. Much of the judgment comes from fear but it can also come from a sense of moral superiority. It is one of the hardest tasks to educate people that "sexually" based crimes are not about sex, but rather these crimes are about power -- the ability to force-- whether or not drugs/alcohol, alternate lifestyles, manipulation are involved.

Good article: Sexual Assault Is About Power

Last edited:
So, in July, 2009, he entered on a student visa and a few months later he was baptized into the church of LDS. Hmmm...

As an international student, he did not qualify for financial aid, how was he paying for college and living expenses? Wonder if someone in the church sponsored him. Or, does he have access to family money?

From the article:

Friends of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck said Sunday in a Fox News exclusive interview they believe the suspect arrested in her disappearance and murder was "hunting for women."

[...]

"No person regardless of their gender or dating life deserves to die," AF said. "Mackenzie is not responsible for the death and murder of Mackenzie. There’s only one person responsible for that, and we’re here to hold him responsible and we’re going to keep holding him responsible."

"If Kenzie knew what was gonna happen she would not have met that individual at the park," KK said. "Her death is not her fault... and for people to say things other than that is hurtful. It’s hurtful to us. It’s hurtful to her family. It’s hurtful to other victims out there. It just doesn’t make sense."

[...]

KS said she thought the plan to build the room nearly three months before Lueck's murder showed that Ajayi "was planning on doing this to someone."

She added, "I don’t know if it was exactly Kenzie but there was definitely a plan there."

[...]

Lueck's friends said people closely following this case have speculated that Ajayi's heritage as an African man who “survived a tyrannical dictatorship, escaped a real-life crime, traveled internationally,” according to an author page on Amazon, somehow played a role in his alleged crime, but the girls said his race was irrelevant.

"Evil comes in every color, every gender. Just because you know Mackenzie was white and he is African-American, the suspect, it doesn't matter to me," AF said. "It doesn't matter to me, it doesn't play a part in this story, it never played a part in this story. Mackenzie’s death and murder did not have anything to do with race. It had to do with an evil person with bad intentions who is a danger to society.”

[...]

"We are not holding him accountable because of his skin color," Stoner added. "We are holding him accountable because of his actions and because he just murdered our best friend.”

[...]

AF, KK and KS said that the community's support and outpouring of help from families who also suffered the loss of a missing person have inspired them to start a non-profit organization they hope to call "Mackenzie's Voice," an ode to their friend who "didn't have a voice through this process," KS said. The girls said they hoped the organization would let others who've endured kidnapping, assault or other traumas get the support and resources they need to cope.

[...]

I can’t help but think of what AA’s neighbor said about AA being difficult by putting concrete in the recycle.

Why would anyone do that?
Why did have extra concrete?
Could he possibly have hidden things in the concrete that would connect him to more crimes?

How long ago did this happen?

Well, this is something I didn't see coming. AA was baptized into the LDS church almost ten years ago.
LDS missionary recalls baptism of accused killer in MacKenzie Lueck case
Thanks for this article. I didn't see that one coming either! o_O Some snippets:

Nearly ten years before Ayoola Ajayi was accused of killing a University of Utah student, LD says he was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

[...]

LD baptized Ajayi in October 2009. He has extensive reflections about Ajayi’s conversion story in a well-worn journal, but now hindsight is anything but 20/20.

6aaf73b4-3eaf-48ae-80f7-12f1e168479a-medium16x9_aj2.JPG

[...]

LD knew Ajayi simply as “Joy” during their time together in northern Utah.

“It’s harder to say his name so he wanted to pick an easy American name, so Joy,” he said.

The two men were friends during Ajayi’s early days in the LDS community, but LD returned to his native Oklahoma at the end of his two-year mission and eventually the two lost touch. They lost communication in 2012.

[...]

He’s incredibly saddened by Lueck’s death and the possibility his friend could be responsible. He struggled for words for Lueck’s family.

“I would say to them I’m sorry for having so many good things to say about Joy because that’s the person that I knew,” he said. “I really would like to figure out like what fork in the road, what decision he made that pretty much took him like 180 [degrees].”

As an international student, he did not qualify for financial aid, how was he paying for college and living expenses? Wonder if someone in the church sponsored him. Or, does he have access to family money?
There are a zillion scholarships specifically earmarked for foreign students. Or could have been sponsored by the LDS members he duped with his rapid “conversion”.

I hope this is because the feds are taking over and not because LE arrested AA too quickly before getting all their ducks in a row. Don't they have a limited number of days to either charge him or release him? How long can he be held without charges and without bond? I hope he doesn't get released. He's a flight risk IMHO.
Prosecutors have 72 hours to charge him. Tick Tock...

MacKenzie Lueck case: What’s next in the legal process?

Last edited:
There are a zillion scholarships specifically earmarked for foreign students. Or could have been sponsored by the LDS members he duped with his rapid “conversion”.

Could be that he buffaloed others.

We often hear of tons of "free money" for college for domestic and international students. Unfortunately, it is not really the case--too much need, not enough money. I know my students will apply for, write essays for, disclose financials to many funds but not receive any scholarships at all.

I doubt he had the TOEFL scores. We saw his writing in his book and on Course Hero. While it seems like there is a lot, a lot of money, the scholarships are hard to as they are extremely competitive. He would still have to have a fair amount of money for living. He doesn't appear to have been full-time matriculated which would have ended many scholarship entities from funding him.

I don't think he really wanted to look normal. I think he wanted to look special. That's what all his lies boil down to. He can't just be a normal guy who flubbed out of the National Guard, living in Salt Lake City working in a dead-end job. He's got to be a model and an author and a hotshot IT guy for prominent companies and a military veteran. He doesn't want to blend in--he wants to stand out.

Edited to add: I don't think someone who wanted to look normal would also include all the interests he did on his MeetUp profile. LOL
But if it was a sham marriage, then at that point (just after the child was born and the marriage was already disintegrating), he still needed that marriage to look normal so he could stay.

I wondered that as well. It's quite possible, as LDS (along with other organizations) do mission work in Nigeria. International students must provide proof of financial support. They must show they can afford tuition and living expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member