Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems from what I’ve heard so far, AA denying having pictures of her, texting with her at the airport, it doesn’t sound like he has been cooperative with LE, moo.

Therefore, I wonder if he will refuse any kind of plea deal and go ahead with a trial, which obviously would be a nightmare for Kenzie’s family, moo.

Will SG victim blame? Paint a picture of her as one who caused her own demise?

If someone called an attorney's office and blurted out that they did it, IMO, confidentiality has been assumed and I would not be allowed to (nor would I) divulge what the person said.

Does the attorney-client privilege apply if you haven't hired the lawyer yet?

Why is this an issue?

It’s an issue because there were a lot of posters thinking that his attorney would have a duty to report to LE what he said.

Of course, there’s no such duty, but I do have a question about whether there’s any possible exception. Specifically, what if there’s a current or future threat to another person?

Attorney Susanne Gustin
With more than 27 years of experience, Susanne Gustin is a criminal defense trial attorney solo practitioner. She has grown to become a steadfast and reliable source advocate for her clients.

Her experience in the criminal law system representing high-profile cases as well as her less popular cases has made her a highly sought after attorney in her field.

Education
Susanne received her Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Political Science and Middle East Studies with a minor in Hebrew from the University of Utah in 1987, and her Juris Doctor from the University Of Utah School Of Law on 1991.

About Susanne Gustin

This has probably already been answered but is she court appointed?

ETA... just read where AA paid her for a consult fee.

I want to preface this post by telling everyone that I am in Canada and my conversation with the person noted below involves Canadian law and LE, but interesting nonetheless as it may relate to Mackenzie's case.

I had the opportunity to chat at great length with a friend who is a Police Officer (Forensics), who for the past 5 years, has been involved in investigating child *advertiser censored*. His job specifically involves digital forensics and putting people "at the computer/phone/ipad" etc. and building the cases. He has been a Police Officer for 30 years, spending the last 15 in Forensics. He has seen an awful lot in his years.

I usually don't speak to him about this stuff because it's "work" for him and quite frankly, I don't want to know what he knows.

Yesterday, I told him about this case. All of it.

I was specifically interested in the whole getting warrants process with respect to MacKenzie's phone, social media etc.

In Canada, depending on circumstances, LE can access a missing person's digital information without a warrant however, there must be an immediacy to the request. For example, had Mackenzie shown up in the park, walked over to other car and was grabbed and pulled into the vehicle, LE could have accessed her phone records immediately. On the other hand, the fact that, according to the Lyft driver, she was expecting the car to be there, seemed happy that the car was there and willingly went to the car and got in, then you have a different situation and would need a warrant.

Here's the other thing; in the minds of LE, the SD/SB link and her willingness to meet whoever she met at 3:00 am in the morning could potentially lead LE down a different path in the early going in the investigation. My friend understood perfectly how LE may not have jumped all over Mackenzie's disappearance in the early going. He also said that it would take a lot of convincing to get a Judge to sign off on a warrant in the early goings based on the information that LE had regarding the disappearance. LE would really need to have a lot more information that would convince a judge that a warrant was truly needed and that this wasn't a case of someone going off the grid with someone.

My friend also expressed exasperation, as a Police Officer, of having his hands tied a lot of the time due to privacy laws. You want to investigate. You want to get that information from someone's digital footprint, but you can't. Sometimes the "idea" of privacy vs. the reality of what it really means when something like Mackenzie's situation arises, handcuffs the very people who are trying to save you. Just a philosophical conversation all around and interesting to get an LE perspective.

Finally, my friend showed me how they get information off computers, phones etc. and the computer programs they use to do this work. Absolutely fascinating. My big take away.....you know all those saved passwords and logins we all have? Here's a tip, if you ever plan on doing something bad you might want to stop saving those. It makes it real easy to get into everything you've ever looked at. LOL

This has probably already been answered but is she court appointed?

I seriously doubt it, because he hired her on the 25th, which was a couple of days before he was arrested. So, I just can’t imagine someone getting a court appointed lawyer at a time when LE hasn’t even said he’s a PoI, let alone arresting him!

MOD NOTE

Regarding FetLife or any other bondage sites, I just spoke to @Tricia, and this is what we propose since AA's interests seem highly relevant to this case.

First, you must be 100% sure that any user you believe is AA posting on such sites is actually him. If you are not completely sure the account belongs to the AA named in this case, do not post anything from those sites.

Second, please do not post screenshots from those sites. In Yingying's case we basically had one WS member who volunteered to delve into sleuthing the dark sites such as FetLife and that poster summarized for the rest of us what she discovered regarding the perp's posts on that site.

Third, do not reveal the names or usernames of anyone who might have interacted with AA on those sites. If you want to summarize AA's posts, you must redact the name/username of anyone who replied to him, followed him, or interacted with him. We will not allow anyone else to get dragged into this mess.

Please message me or any moderator if you have further questions about this issue.

On Tuesday, 6/25/19 - SLCPD announced they were holding a presser at 2pm (later revised to 2:30pm). They tweeted this announcement at 8:14 AM -mst.

SLC Police Dept.‏Verified account @slcpd
We will be holding a press conference at 2:00 p.m. MDT at the Public Safety Building today, June 25, with updates on the missing person case of Mackenzie Lueck. #MissingPerson #Updates#mackenzielueck

7:14 AM - 25 Jun 2019 pst

Later Tuesday evening, AA paid consult fee to attorney S. Gustin at 7:58pm. (Per Venmo).

Warrants and house search was on Wednesday.

Yellow Flowers
When I see that transaction it says 2:58 pm & is probably the time in my time zone CT, so I think that would make the payment at 1:58pm MT? I’m not 100% sure on this though, but all transactions of my friends are shown in Central time on my app

It seems from what I’ve heard so far, AA denying having pictures of her, texting with her at the airport, it doesn’t sound like he has been cooperative with LE, moo.

Therefore, I wonder if he will refuse any kind of plea deal and go ahead with a trial, which obviously would be a nightmare for Kenzie’s family, moo.

These are my fears but steadfastly praying for irrefutable evidence to nail him.

FetLife was a major part of the Yingying Zhang case because her killer was very active on that site. Let me check with @Tricia about what we will or will not allow regarding FetLife in this case.

Same with Noelle Paquette’s case, moo. Her killers were very active on that site as “Furries” (among other things....I will never forget @Wondergirl ‘s post about that...She posted a picture of someone in a big bird type costume and asked something along the lines of “does this turn you on?” Lol)

Last edited:
It might be optional if, after 5 years with a green card, to apply for citizenship. Some countries have rules that you can't also be a citizen of another country, so if a person is in that category, he/she may never apply for the citizenship, and just renew GC every 5 years. Assuming they haven't committed murder, that is.
It is optional. You have permanent resident status if you have a green card, and never have to apply for US citizenship if you do not want to. According to his jail admission papers he is a US citizen.

Really hope not. Yet expect it to happen some way or another.

You get a 'green card' when you are given permanent resident status. Once 5 years have elapsedyou can apply for citizenship if you wish.Then you hand in your green card ( they are actually blue) in exchange for your citizenship papers.
Would the timeline of the marriage and divorce fit into a path for attaining citizenship (i.e. marriage fraud)?

According to his resume, he attended London South Bank University from May 2011 - Mar 2015 which doesn't seem to coincide with other dates on said resume...

my-resume

None of that looks true when you compare it to what has been reported about the man (that I have seen). I know there are loads of people with the same name but this has identifiers unique to him.

Microsoft? Did he really work for Microsoft?He also credits himself with two years in the military.

Maybe I haven’t read enough about this guy because it looks like a bunch of BS. Honestly though, I don’t really want to read that much about him. Not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation