UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yah, in hot, dry, Colorado a jogger ran down a trail carrying a kid that had been bitten by a rattlesnake while the mom and other child hiked back out. the kid survived btw. when you have adrenaline/meth/spice fueling you, you can carry a kid easily.

Yes, we can all carry things, I can carry a hay bale in each hand & I’m small. But, they aren’t leaking fluids & shifting weight.
If she died in the house, I think she was wrapped well once he stepped out. Might be the reason he didn’t close the door (reportedly), he had his hands full.

While I agree that this would explain why they haven’t found her yet, IMO if he was coherent enough to steal and return a car completely undetected, he would have thought to just go back to sleep afterwards so as not to draw immediate suspicion on himself. Or at the very least grab his skateboard after to make a faster getaway.

Hmm, good point about the skateboard. He was not incoherent as far as we know. But would you go to sleep and risk everyone waking up and finding the kid gone? There is no chance to escape.

Maybe he was just in a panic and didn’t even go back in the house for fear of waking anyone up.

Yes, but the addition of the hearts is interesting, when taken with the description of the suit and tie. Was he going on a date or to an event he planned to see someone special that night?

I think it's odd no one is saying where this guy lived? Basic fact someone should know? Reporters just aren't what they used to be. Get some facts asked and answered please!
Possibly a graduation. I know that I’ve seen graduation photos from Utah this week.

So they didn’t find her clothes with him? I feel sick. I bet her dna was on that bat then. MOO.
Poor sweet Elizabeth. Only 5 years old. I remember being a 5 year old little girl and learning about strangers. I walked down our street talking to an old man. My mom called me inside and asked me why I was talking to that stranger. I piped up with he wasn't a stranger. He said Hi first. She gently explained that he's still a stranger,and don't do that again. I was still so innocent,and didn't understand.
We teach our children about stranger danger from the get go,but what prepares anyone when that monster is in the family?

Whatever type of bat it is, LE claims it is a dangerous weapon. Would a mini bat be considered dangerous?

~24" long, 5" wide, made of metal, yes, I think it could do some damage and be considered a weapon. There are also aluminum fish bats, made for hitting fish over the head when fishing (never heard of that but found them googling).

I think those articles claiming he was found with her clothing were incorrect. The police affidavit does not say anything about her clothing being found on him at that time. Why would they leave that off the report if it had happened?

They said he “reportedly” had clothes on him, but it wasn’t on the affidavit and the affidavit also said something about the missing girl. I know they announced there was false things being spread the other day, wondering if that was one of them.

Where's Lizzy Shelley? As hunt for 5-year-old continues, evidence mounts

Last edited:
Hmm, good point about the skateboard. He was not incoherent as far as we know. But would you go to sleep and risk everyone waking up and finding the kid gone? There is no chance to escape.

Maybe he was just in a panic and didn’t even go back in the house for fear of waking anyone up.

Ah sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear (I’m very new here) I didn’t mean incoherent as in drugged, more like not thinking clearly due to panic/guilt. And that he could have just gone back to sleep and played innocent the next morning when she wasn’t in her bed so no one would have suspected him. Rather than running and becoming the prime suspect right away.

If he had taken the car to dispose of her body and returned it without notice, I would assume he would have had to put the keys back inside the house.

I think those articles claiming he was found with her clothing were incorrect. The police affidavit does not say anything about her clothing being found on him at that time. Why would they leave that off the report if it had happened?
Maybe not. He was arrested because of warrants, and for violating his probation.

The affidavit supports the arrest for those particular offenses (pipe, weapon, beer, etc).

Yes, we can all carry things, I can carry a hay bale in each hand & I’m small. But, they aren’t leaking fluids & shifting weight.
If she died in the house, I think she was wrapped well once he stepped out. Might be the reason he didn’t close the door (reportedly), he had his hands full.

Come on, this is a stretch! There is almost no way he kept her body in the house longer than a few minutes! If she was even killed in there, which I highly doubt. Within a short amount of time she wasn’t leaking fluids and shifting weight. If she was, there would be cadaver dog hits and even the worst tracking dog (ie: my dog) would follow the smell of body fluids. The process of decomposition starts right after death, but what you are describing doesn’t happen that quick. Lividity doesn’t make the body weigh more or feel like fluid is sloshing around.

Source: I used to be an eye and tissue recovery tech for the transplant organization in my region. I have seen literally hundreds of bodies, and did complete physical inspections and had to move and reposition bodies for tissue recovery within 12-24 hours of death, some as soon as within 2-4 hours.

Last edited:
One of the worst things about this, is that Logan is almost like "Mayberry", folks know people. This type of crime, I can't remember any crime this heinous in Logan...the last one I remember was down in Ogden...

The whole community will feel this, it makes Logan less safe.

So they didn’t find her clothes with him? I feel sick. I bet her dna was on that bat then. MOO.

I think it's also possible the media simply mixed it up.
They found her clothes.
They found him.
It doesn't mean they found them together.

They have found things in a couple of different places LE said, that are linked to Elizabeth and lead them to believe she is also close by.

I'm guessing those are her clothes... because how many things can be linked to a 5 year old? I'm guessing they found the skirt or pants in one place, shirt in another, etc.

Maybe a favorite blanket or stuffed animal was also missing which alarmed Mom as well. I definitely think the clothes were what was found in multiple places though, I just can't think of what else that could be.

Evidence ties uncle to missing 5-year-old Utah girl, police say

"These items have been forensically tested and they do link Mr. Whipple to our missing child, Elizabeth. They also have evidence that links them to the residence that they were in," Logan Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Monday.

"(It) also links them together outside the home. We have several of these scenes that we have located that have evidentiary items in that we have now tested and have evidence that they were together."

9b9d5b8484

I agree. I believe this misinterpretation of AW having ES clothes occurred early when there was a discrepancy as to what garment she was last wearing, and clothes later found at home. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member