UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I’m thinking - they can prove he was both with her inside and out and then she vanished

I just wonder how they can prove that, though. If they found an object that had DNA or fingerprints outside, couldn’t it be possible that he brought it outside with him? I think the only way they could definitively prove that both of them were outside together is if there was drops of both of their blood, right? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

I cant stand it I am trhing to catch up and the the 911 calls link. An open unsecured bldg on the 26th. The responding officer secured the bldg and left, no suspicious activity found. Apparently there is a weirdo riding a bike around and there was an abandoned bike found later. Please tell me the bldg was searched and find video of the creepy bike riding guy. I bet this was already discussed? Ive never thought if this but does somebody at LE take a look at the calls as a measure toward investigating the kidnapping that happened later?

Oooh, great catch. The call was listed on the blotter as coming in at 10:02 am. I remember the unsecured building listing, but can’t remember the time. Do you know?

Just two comments-

1) interesting LE specified “girl’s” underwear. I don’t want to over analyze, but I wonder if they would have specified “women’s” if they clearly were.

2) for a regular drug and alcohol user, using may be used just for them to feel normal. Drug and alcohol use doesn’t necessarily make someone an incoherent, clueless fool if they have a high tolerance. Point being, don’t underestimate his ability to make a rational or clever move to hide her.

Also, drugs like meth do give spurts of strength that would enable him to carry her or keep him up to do what he needed to do at night.

I don't know all the answers, but these are my guesses on some.

1. I have a feeling it's her underwear and he was too obsessed with them and high to care or think about the "consequences"

3. I think she probably stayed up late and fell asleep and was just put to bed as is. I have a feeling the parents and the uncle were "partying" a bit together and could not be bothered to change her into pajamas.

I don’t think he actually had any of her clothing.

I finally just caught up! I have a few questions:
1. Why would AW still be carrying some of Lizzy’s clothes? I’d think he’d want to be rid of them!

2. Where did LE find some of Lizzy’s other clothes buried?

3. It’s been said Lizzy was wearing either a skirt or jeans shorts (?) when last seen. Why wasn’t she in her PJs when last seen? Did her mom notice that the PJs Lizzy wore to bed, were found in the house and the skirt / jeans shorts were missing?

4. It’s been said in pressers & elsewhere, that “the family was up late.” Who is the family that lives there? Other children? Lizzy’s grandparents? Mom’s BF?

5. I’ve seen AW’s mom mentioned. Does she live in the house? Nearby?

6. And the photos of AW exiting a store and other photo of him next to it: What is on his head? Backwards baseball cap? It’s just his hair? Looks kinda like someone took a black marker to his head!

7. Has it been mentioned where AW has been living/staying?

Sorry for so many questions. I did a rush job catching up. Thanks to everyone who posted the video, the photos, great comments, and the locals that told/explained of the surrounding areas.

I’ve been at WS from almost the very beginning when there were just a few hundred of us and it was easy to catch after being away from a case for a day or so. Not so much now.

Took me all day today and I was only gone a half a day yesterday.

Anyway, TIA for any answers you have to my questions.

PS: One theory I have is that Lizzy’s mom & her brother AW were up late arguing about his drug use, no job, no place to live/stay and she kept saying he had to leave. Maybe he left, as she ordered him to, he came back, took Lizzy for revenge/spite?
Just a thought!

From what I’ve seen. Lizzy was asleep in her regular clothes. Perhaps she fell asleep and they didn’t want to wake her to change her. She could be one of those kids who doesn’t go back to bed easily.

I read on the thread earlier, don’t have a link to back it up, but I think they said he was couch surfing at friends.

I think she lives in texas

Maybe but if that is a capability how come we end up waiting days and days for confirmation in other cases. It’s odd.

I think it comes down to exigency, and the fact that Utah has really embraced this new technology.

I imagine it doesn’t come cheap, and that’s partially why it’s not yet used nationwide.

I finally just caught up! I have a few questions:
1. Why would AW still be carrying some of Lizzy’s clothes? I’d think he’d want to be rid of them!

2. Where did LE find some of Lizzy’s other clothes buried?

3. It’s been said Lizzy was wearing either a skirt or jeans shorts (?) when last seen. Why wasn’t she in her PJs when last seen? Did her mom notice that the PJs Lizzy wore to bed, were found in the house and the skirt / jeans shorts were missing?

4. It’s been said in pressers & elsewhere, that “the family was up late.” Who is the family that lives there? Other children? Lizzy’s grandparents? Mom’s BF?

5. I’ve seen AW’s mom mentioned. Does she live in the house? Nearby?

6. And the photos of AW exiting a store and other photo of him next to it: What is on his head? Backwards baseball cap? It’s just his hair? Looks kinda like someone took a black marker to his head!

7. Has it been mentioned where AW has been living/staying?

Sorry for so many questions. I did a rush job catching up. Thanks to everyone who posted the video, the photos, great comments, and the locals that told/explained of the surrounding areas.

I’ve been at WS from almost the very beginning when there were just a few hundred of us and it was easy to catch after being away from a case for a day or so. Not so much now.

Took me all day today and I was only gone a half a day yesterday.

Anyway, TIA for any answers you have to my questions.

PS: One theory I have is that Lizzy’s mom & her brother AW were up late arguing about his drug use, no job, no place to live/stay and she kept saying he had to leave. Maybe he left, as she ordered him to, he came back, took Lizzy for revenge/spite?
Just a thought!
1- Some of us don’t think he was carrying her clothes. We think he buried them.
2- I direct you to the scanner thread, which can’t be discussed here.
3- Kid probably fell asleep in her clothes and mom didn’t want to wake her. This isn’t terribly abnormal.
4- I assume it is the mom and her boyfriend. But this has not been clarified.

And that’s all I got.

I think it comes down to exigency, and the fact that Utah has really embraced this new technology.

I imagine it doesn’t come cheap, and that’s partially why it’s not yet used nationwide.

It seems like great technology that would be so helpful. Every big or midsize city should have one for their use and allow outlying areas to use it too.

I just wonder how they can prove that, though. If they found an object that had DNA or fingerprints outside, couldn’t it be possible that he brought it outside with him? I think the only way they could definitively prove that both of them were outside together is if there was drops of both of their blood, right? Or does anyone have any other ideas?
A teddy bear that she normally sleeps with, dirt, a blanket, her shoes etc etc.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe they stated “evidence” that ties her to him outside.
Not DNA evidence.
The DNA was found on his person.

IMO it was part of his daily carry kit and was not picked up from the local batting cages. If he usually travels via foot/skateboard/ public transportation it would have made sense he kept some form of protection for when he travels. Even more so if everyone knows he usually has drugs to steal. It could be unrelated.

I agree that it could be unrelated... though who really knows at this point? I think it is odd that if he was using it as a weapon or an item for self defense he had it tucked away in his jacket. I have not seen any report that when he was being apprehended that he even attempted to use the bat, instead it was tucked away inside his jacket and back pocket.
Perhaps because he found it while he was walking and didnt want to carry it?
And if it was the weapon he used, why on earth would he continue to carry with him when he disposed of the body, you would think he would have disposed of that as well.

I have seen several comments about a backpack, but don't remember anything in any of the news reports about a backpack... can someone tag a link to something that indicates he had a backpack? I only read previously, and only heard reports on the local news about a sweatshirt, a suit, and the bat tucked in his pocket and up the back of his jacket... not a backpack.

Also, just a thought, I know the area this happened in. The distance between the area ES went missing from and hyrum, or providence is pretty far. The last time he was seen was 2am, then picked up the next afternoon. While there are many hours in between those times, he seems to have WALKED great distances... and if drunk or high I just cant see him moving at any great pace. Does anyone else wonder about that?

IMO, I am leaning toward SA, rather than some kind of revenge. It seems that he and his sister were getting along ok, and he was invited to the family wedding, so relationships with his family must not have been too strained. Also, a person close to the family commented that he had been recently couch surfing on various family couches recently. This makes me think perhaps it was a crime of opportunity. He seemed a lonely and depressed individual with a checkered past, that I am sure we don't have even near the whole picture of... but a crime of opportunity and SA seems more likely to me than revenge, given what I have read. MOO

Very perplexing.
Nothing noted on arrest report that he had injuries.
Did a dog alert convince LE she was with him
Or as you offered, blood droplets?
I think none of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads