UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he was high on meth who knows, people have been known to stay up for days,and perform superhuman feats. So traveling a long distance carrying a 5 year old is not necessarily out of the question.
MOO
I had a family member on meth. He def stayed up for days and days. Did the weirdest stuff, didn’t care about anyone or anything. Looted entire appliances from his moms house after a tornado by himself. And he is a small guy, like 5’8.

You guys are making some sweeping generalizations about marijuana. And posting some pretty radical articles.

Yes, there is a lot of that going on. It’s weird. People - understand that you can google and find sources to back up your position, no matter how far flung it is. It doesn’t mean it is true.

We don’t know what this guy’s drug history is, we don’t know what his mental health status is.

"Over the past couple of decades, studies around the globe have found that THC—the active compound in cannabis—is strongly linked to psychosis, schizophrenia, and violence. Berenson interviewed far-flung researchers who have quietly but methodically documented the effects of THC on serious mental illness, and he makes a convincing case that a recreational drug marketed as an all-around health product may, in fact, be really dangerous—especially for people with a family history of mental illness and for adolescents with developing brains."

This reporter took a deep dive into the science of smoking pot. What he found is scary.
Anyone with a mental disorder who experiences psychosis should not use marijuana. It is a very small population but it is true that they are advised against it, as it can increase their fear and paranoia.
It doesn't necessarily mean that the disorder is caused by THC, but it can definitely trigger an episode. There are many genetic and environmental factors as well.
But I do think it's true that doctors and therapists will not recommend this drug to anyone who has psychotic episodes, or even panic attacks and anxiety. Imo

I had a family member on meth. He def stayed up for days and days. Did the weirdest stuff, didn’t care about anyone or anything. Looted entire appliances from his moms house after a tornado by himself. And he is a small guy, like 5’8.

But that doesn’t mean AW was on meth when he did whatever he did. It doesn’t require much effort to carry a 5 year old a few miles. I’m 4’10” and piggybacked my kid 2-3 miles when she was 6 years and 40 pounds. And I value my teeth way too much to do meth. So drugs may not factor in to this mess at all.

Where is the information coming from he was only using marijuana?

I really highly doubt that will turnout to be the case.

Due to his barbaric behavior against a helpless 5 year old little girl, I think it's a far more likely its a deadly illegal drug.

Imo, much more inline with being a meth head.

Jmhoo

But that doesn’t mean AW was on meth when he did whatever he did. It doesn’t require much effort to carry a 5 year old a few miles. I’m 4’10” and piggybacked my kid 2-3 miles when she was 6 years and 40 pounds. And I value my teeth way too much to do meth. So drugs may not factor in to this mess at all.
I absolutely agree. I was just saying what I had seen first hand. I fortunately don’t know too much about the effects of a lot of drugs. Could be pills or anything or nothing at all for all we know. I hope the presser has some much sought after info. I hope they find her soon.

Due to his barbaric behavior against a helpless 5 year old little girl, I think it's a far more likely its a deadly illegal drug.

Jmhoo
It's only been verified that he used alcohol and marijuana. LE stated that he has a drug problem, so it could very well be that he used other drugs.
It's certainly not uncommon to have a "drug of choice" and use a variety of others, as well.
Some addicts prefer just one drug and with others it's pretty much "anything goes." They will take whatever they can get their hands on, depending on what they "need" at the time. Imo

Google Maps
Finally they are looking in the fields west of the search area near the landfill and that water treatment plant.
Rt. 252 is 1000 west.

I believe they searched the landfill area with dogs yesterday, and spent quite some time searching the compost piles.

LE went there almost first thing once they had set up a local search post at Bear Creek School. But there is a great deal of territory out there and there are many strange-colored murky pools full of who knows what. The landfill also is not at all far from the Logan River section that has heavy tree coverage and very much concealed winding sections. They have a lot of square footage to be searching for such a small person

Lots of odd little buildings and shops for small businesses that seem to have lots of scrap stuff lying around. That whole area to the west of 600 W and especially west of Route 252 ( I think it's also 1000 W )would be one place I would have had LE search very extensively.

Jmhoo
Where is the information coming from that he was using anything other than marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member