UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Experience tells me they will be along soon enough, as they have been in other cases. Watch for these telltale phrases:

--Convicted by The Media
--Rush to Judgment
--Just because he went camping...
--Just because he cheated... (I still think this one's out there somewhere)

I see that the domain "joshisinnocent.com" has not been snapped up yet...

Well, we've got a commenter at Komo news in Seattle and especially on their "Puyallup" neighborhood blog who keeps repeating "sounds like she ran off with another guy, happens all the time". Same comments, every story. They never respond to replies about Susan's character, what friends are saying. Also saw a nice gem about the DNA (the article failed to mention the court order) "He wouldn't have submitted DNA if he weren't innocent". Then the obligatory sounds like she ran off with another man, happens all the time.

So be certain, it's ramping up.

Susan's family is holding a press conference tomorrow, everyone. Don't know what time yet. The friend Jovanna did not reveal anything new - she stated that she did not see any discord between the couple that evening while she was there helping with crocheting. Jane brought to her attention that other friends have said that Susan had started started standing up for herself in the last year, and that there WAS marital problems, but Jovanna said she had not seen any. Wierd, huh, that others saw it, but she did not.
I am starting to really see how Josh felt he was losing control, and may have lost his mind and done something to her.
OMG, they did not seize the family van! It's probably cleaned up by now, but hopefully they will still test it (Jane said it was processed and some bags were taken out of the van).
LE is pissed off cause JP will not answer even the simplest questions about their relationship and if she had any enemies.
More questions about why JP is so vague about where he went "camping."

I think debt is the main thing here. The local news is now reporting that they had financial trouble, and filed bankruptcy in 2007.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9050899
I think he was also seething with envy at Susan's success at becoming a stockbroker, while he, 'the Man' , was usually barely employed. I think that by itself would have been enough to insult his ego.

I'm on my laptop, and no where near a television... can anyone watching help with a play by play, please?

I hope Patty G. is recording it!
Now they are going with the "he's innocent until proven guilty" and "she may just walk through the door", and "he's not talking because he should not, and he must follow his lawyers advice.
Jane gave the harsh questions about why he "went camping at midnight w/ two small children" Her panel agreed it was nonsense, and that he could have been anywhere, could have left anytime after being seen at 8:30 by the neighbor going into the garage.

Why wouldn't he give DNA? Even if he is guilty his DNA would be all over the house so why not give it. Any DNA found in the house would be explainable. That is unless is DNA is found on her body!! If and when they ever find her.

The closest place they could have gone camping on the Pony Express is 96 miles away. I'm guessing close to a 2 hour trip. So, not only does he drag his two little boys out in the middle of the night, it takes him about 2 hours to arrive at his destination. Wow, he's a genius at camping trips.

Wow, everyone, I went to bed (in PA. EST), and lots of great posts while I slept! Omegagal, awesome interpretation, and wonderful insights by all. I'm going to have to try to stay up later! Anyway, after reading everything and watching the Today show video posted by Patty (thanks for that!), I have a couple of thoughts.
I agree with those who view Josh as a controlling psychopath, just by the history from stories by people who knew them as a couple. The poison theory sounds plausible, and like someone said, his plan may have been thwarted somewhat by the friend coming over. He kind of got discombobulated and did not consider she could have called for help or crawled outside after he left w/ kids to go "sledding."
The generator story was good, LE hopefully did check to see if it was started.
The "camping trip" seems like the body dump time, and he had plenty of time to get her far away, so a search will be pretty difficult at best. Unless of course he confesses, and tells LE where the body is.
As far as the Jovanna issue, its always possible she is involved somehow, I just wonder why he answered HER call, but no one elses that Monday while "out driving around with the kids." I don't mean she helped with the murder, but that she and Josh may have some sort of relationship, be it friendly, infatuation, or otherwise.
Thanks to all for the wonderful posts from overnight! More to come today I'm sure......:crazy:
bold and large by me...

and I am just catching up and am seven pages back but just want to state my thoughts on what I bolded..

he answered HER call because she was his sledding alibi and the last to see his wife.

Answering her call fit in with his story that he built up.

moo

Why wouldn't he give DNA? Even if he is guilty his DNA would be all over the house so why not give it. Any DNA found in the house would be explainable. That is unless is DNA is found on her body!! If and when they ever find her.

Yep, someone frantic to find his wife says "take what you want, search what you want, just rule me out and find her!".

Josh won't even take them to his campsite and requires a court order to simply the DNA that might prove a stranger was in the house (by quickly excluding his stuff found in the home).

Josh=monster.

Now they are going with the "he's innocent until proven guilty" and "she may just walk through the door", and "he's not talking because he should not, and he must follow his lawyers advice.
Jane gave the harsh questions about why he "went camping at midnight w/ two small children" Her panel agreed it was nonsense, and that he could have been anywhere, could have left anytime after being seen at 8:30 by the neighbor going into the garage.

I think the camping story was just something he came up with once he realized people knew they were all missing. the fans were drying something on the floor. IMO he went to dispose of the body got stuck (they should check with tow companies) causing it to take longer than he expected. the police break in thinking gas poisoning and now he has to come up with a story.

No real news that we have not posted here, except that a news conference is schedules for tomorrow.
I'm thinking and agreeing with post above that Josh's manhood had been compromised, he was losing control, Susan was well-liked and standing up for herself, had a good job and loved her children. She really did not need him anymore, and had spoken of divorce recently, to her church family and friends.
Josh must have been livid, because now others knew his manhood was at stake. From what people have said, he was very controlling, not letting her use the computer, etc.
He has denied she was sick that night, and the friend Jovanna also stated Susan was not sick, she was "just a little tired" when Jane asked her.
IMO, it looks like he snapped that night for whatever reason, being embarrassed and hurt that Susan was sharing her troubles at church (notice he refused to go that Sunday morning), and all that frustration boiled over in anger suddenly.
I do not have a gut feeling about the stain - Jane was hinting that it was probably blood, and was asking if it had been tested, the reporter did not know, and said also that when the stain was tested we would have some sort of answer.:waitasec:

Thank you so much for sharing what was being said on JVM, SusanB!

How about checking gas stations anywhere from home to the end of the Pony Express Trail . Every lie has a little grain of truth. Maybe there's some surveillance somewhere.

Nancy Grace is on in a few minutes, and may have something about this case, that is if she does not spend the whole hour on Tiger Woods!:innocent:

How about checking gas stations anywhere from home to the end of the Pony Express Trail . Every lie has a little grain of truth. Maybe there's some surveillance somewhere.

ITA here--if he really was driving for most of that time we have to remember he was in a mini-van. What is the best gas mileage they get? About 25-27mpg?
He would have had to have gotten gas once, probably more.

I was just posting why I thought he answered that particular call. He seems to have answered many calls and hopefully his cell phone pings will help them find Susan and also put holes in his story of where he was

eta: I still think that he never thought someone would call LE when they didn't show up for work. He didn't think that far ahead in his plan so the rest of his shaky actions were all about covering his a$$ MOO

Creepy: a snippet of a comment posted:

"This poor guy merely wanted some bonding time with his children and the hussy ran off with a boyfriend."

I swear if this becomes a talking point in this case I'm tipping off LE to check that IP address.

Link: http://puyallup.komonews.com/content/police-treating-missing-mom-criminal-case

Well, I guess the termites are coming out of the woodwork, huh?

Yeah, and before she went with her "boyfriend" she decided to take care of one more domestic task: Cleaning up a carpet and pointing 2 fans on it.....

Some people just bring ludicrous to a new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille