UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was drugging her, do you think he was doing it overtime? It's been mention that he rarely if ever made dinner, but he could of put it in other things. Maybe that night it killed her. Just a thought.

It was so chilling to hear he'd made dinner when he normally didn't...it made me think of Chris Coleman making Sheri dinner & playing outside with the boys, making a big deal out of it waving to a neighbor (like -- "hey, see me -- I'm outside being a great dad playing w/ my boys!!").

He knew good & well that would be their last nite together. I think it was just his sick & twisted mind enjoying 'the game'. :furious:

Given Josh is reported as a control freak, he probably enjoyed the game too....wouldn't surprise me if he cooked something Susan didn't even like to eat....I know that's kinda mean to say, but I've known mean controlling men & their games.

HLN news just featured the story and had the friend Jovanna on the phone. she seemed like she had no idea what was going on, that they appeared normal in every way that day and early evening while she was there. She again reiterated how she was there helping Susan with the yarn, Susan felt sleepy, then went and took a nap. She also said that Josh said nothing about going camping that night while she was there. From what I could summarize from her call, she did not know what had happened and could not understand, yet did not discount Josh as having something to do with it.:o

I am also still very confused over the "dinner guest". Why did Susan really
invite this 54 yr. old neighbor over to sit in the living room with her to-
eat and crochet??

As I remember crocheting takes both hands. How the heck do you untangle
yarn, crochet and eat dinner at the same time??

There is something odd about this whole story.

Having struggled with crocheting in the past, I can definitely understand this. When your yarn gets all tangled up it can be a nightmare, leaving you with the option of having to keep cutting and tying small pieces together which can hurt the look of your item, or somehow figure out how to untangle it. It's not as easy as just giving up on that yarn and replacing it with a fresh roll from the craft store as you definitely want to get all your yarn from the same dye lot.

If I needed help with untangling yarn, (as I have in the past) I can definitely see inviting an experienced crocheter over to help. In return for her time, it would only be natural to include dinner in the invitation. If Susan went to lie down and the guest thought she could work it out in a reasonable amount of time, I guess I can see her staying wanting to help Susan out. Depending on how large it is and how much you have done, it's also not real fun to transport a crochet project. If you're not careful of the needle placement you could end up unwinding a good amount of work.

So while I don't see anything odd about the crocheting part, I am concerned that Susan was tired enough to need to lie down while a guest was over. If he did indeed drug her in some way, I also can't help but wonder if the sledding excuse was something Josh made up to get the guest out of the house ASAP before she got worried about Susan. Or as others have suggested, it could just be a whole, "Look at what a great dad I am," show.

as much as I want to come here and see that Josh has been arrested, I am glad to know that LE is taking their time and making sure everything is right.

God bless Susan's little boys. I know they miss their mommy so very much.

It was so chilling to hear he'd made dinner when he normally didn't...it made me think of Chris Coleman making Sheri dinner & playing outside with the boys, making a big deal out of it waving to a neighbor (like -- "hey, see me -- I'm outside being a great dad playing w/ my boys!!").

He knew good & well that would be their last nite together. I think it was just his sick & twisted mind enjoying 'the game'. :furious:

Given Josh is reported as a control freak, he probably enjoyed the game too....wouldn't surprise me if he cooked something Susan didn't even like to eat....I know that's kinda mean to say, but I've known mean controlling men & their games.
Great post!

I think, though, that if he did indeed poison her, he probably made one of her favorite meals.

He wouldn't want her to waste a single bite.

for some reason i dont think he drugged her. maybe its just my gut, but i think they argued and he hit her or something then had to dispose of the body. To drug someone takes knowledge and access to the drugs. I dont see how a barely employed guy with no medical background could have access to poison. Then again there is antifreeze, but I dont think this was premeditated just a spur of the moment act with a panic cover up.

for some reason i dont think he drugged her. maybe its just my gut, but i think they argued and he hit her or something then had to dispose of the body. To drug someone takes knowledge and access to the drugs. I dont see how a barely employed guy with no medical background could have access to poison. Then again there is antifreeze, but I dont think this was premeditated just a spur of the moment act with a panic cover up.
I'm leaning towards this, also.

If he had given this any forethought, it seems he could have come up with a much better plan than he did.

He doesn't seem to be thinking clearly in his media interviews. Almost as if he is still in shock (over what he had done). My opinion only, of course.

If he drugged her just to make her feel ill or groggy, it could be done with quite ordinary medications. An overdose of Benadryl, for instance, or a prescription one of them already had (valium, antidepressant, sleep aid).

how about benedryl? other otc meds that cause sedation? those are readily available in most homes..

Posted on AOL

Cops: Missing Mom's Husband Hurts Search

The husband of a missing Utah woman is hindering the investigation because he failed to show up for an interview on the advice of his lawyer, police said Tuesday.

Josh Powell is not a suspect in the disappearance of Susan Powell, but his decision not to meet with detectives on Monday prevents them from moving ahead with the search for his wife, said West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

Right. I'd ask the four year old one question: Where is mommy? And then just let him talk.

I am sure there has been some sort of questioning with the four year old by LE, but of course, the public is not privy to the results. I think I remember from some prior post about the child saying something about "Mommy's going to stay in the woods" but that is totally unverifiable, and I have never heard this info anywhere else. The child is old enough to be able to talk about what happened pretty effectively, I would imagine.:angel:

For my posts, I will clarify that by "drugged" I don't necessarily mean poisoned. It's entirely possible that one or both of them could have been on prescribed medication for depression/insomnia or any other reason. If she was drugged with prescription medication, suffice it to say that one could easily find out what dosage could be potentially fatal or enough incapacitate someone. There are many medications with warnings on them "do not crush" and other warnings. This could be especially true with extended release tablets because crushing them would probably contaminate the extended release distribution. I'm not sure if this makes any sense to anyone. I'm not a pharmacist, but....

I am highly interested in any internet searches in the last few months

I see him making something she loved to eat, for a compliment and make SURE she ate EVERY bite.................JMOO

If he drugged her just to make her feel ill or groggy, it could be done with quite ordinary medications. An overdose of Benadryl, for instance, or a prescription one of them already had (valium, antidepressant, sleep aid).

This would give HIM CONTROL and her none for a fight!

The police in West Valley City, Utah, spoke out the day after Joshua Powell skipped a meeting with investigators for what would have been his second interview with them. Powell did not alert the officers that he wouldn't be showing up for the interview.
Police have been trying to find Susan Powell, 28, since she vanished more than a week ago.
"It is our position he's been hindering the investigation," West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan told ABCNews.com
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/missing-m...and-lawyers/story?id=9336078&cid=ESPNheadline

he didn't even call??? his atty didn't even call??? this excuse for a man has my panties in a wad!!!

our forensic astrologer, Tuba, sees drugging and planning in the event chart...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4566824&postcount=348"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only[/ame]

Sooner or later JP has to talk to police through lawyer!
Bet the wet carpet comes back with 'evidence of a violent crime'........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCirL9ReZ2I[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7Q8flIFV4[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members