UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jovanna is trying to help Josh out. She doesn't appear to have passion or concerns for Susan like a real friend would. Maybe Susan sensed that Jovanna had a thing for Josh and that is why she did not confide in her. Jovanna is not a person I'd want to be close to. Her personality is a little 'odd'. She does love the camera and attention. Maybe she is not use to all this attention. This is her moment to shine for Josh. Is Jovanna married? JMO

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I told ya'll there was something up with Jovanna :loser: She was waay to quick to defend JP and assist him in his hour of need. What about poor Susan? Jovanna was suppose to be more of her friend, right? I'm not saying that she should have thrown JP under the bus, but at least act like you are concerned for Susan. :furious: She does come across as a bit strange.

JoVonna probably is/was married to an abusive man so Josh looks like a saint to her.
I think she looks older than she is, no makeup, no hairstyle, plain clothes etc.
And is she has/had a hard life with an abusive husband the stress would age her fast.
JMOO

Many people on comments have described JP comparing him to Scott Peterson (put his wife in water, had a boat and made anchors) and Mark Hacking.............(put his wife in the garbage, no thought process)...........

A cell phone and new notes could provide answers in Susan Powell's disappearance

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 NEWS) - A prepaid cell phone Josh Powell purchased at Walmart could provide details as to where Powell went while racking up hundreds of miles in a rental car. A note has also surfaced that was written about a year and a half ago. Susan said if she ended up dead it "wouldn't be suicide".

Tim Petersen, Powell's neighbor tells ABC 4 news that Powell came over to their house on Wednesday evening, just days after Susan disappeared and told them about a new phone he bought and asked for a ride to pick up his minivan. Petersen said, "We asked about Susan but he didn't want to talk about her. He only wanted to talk about his new clothes and phone."

West Valley City Police confirmed they are looking into phone and financial records. However, they didn't confirm exactly who's records they are reviewing. But the cell phone provider could potentially pinpoint Powell's whereabouts during that 24 hour period.

Petersen also says when Powell came to his house he had the worst case of wind burned he'd ever seen. Petersen said they were bright red and he had a bottle of lotion with him and kept applying it on his hands

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...d-provide-answers/n8xTFRQLOkKihW2iYi34wA.cspx

When are people going to learn that pre-paid phones can be traced now? :loser: It's only a matter of time before he starts slipping up.. He'll hang himself soon enough!

A cell phone and new notes could provide answers in Susan Powell's disappearance

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 NEWS) - A prepaid cell phone Josh Powell purchased at Walmart could provide details as to where Powell went while racking up hundreds of miles in a rental car. A note has also surfaced that was written about a year and a half ago. Susan said if she ended up dead it "wouldn't be suicide".

Tim Petersen, Powell's neighbor tells ABC 4 news that Powell came over to their house on Wednesday evening, just days after Susan disappeared and told them about a new phone he bought and asked for a ride to pick up his minivan. Petersen said, "We asked about Susan but he didn't want to talk about her. He only wanted to talk about his new clothes and phone."

West Valley City Police confirmed they are looking into phone and financial records. However, they didn't confirm exactly who's records they are reviewing. But the cell phone provider could potentially pinpoint Powell's whereabouts during that 24 hour period.

Petersen also says when Powell came to his house he had the worst case of wind burned he'd ever seen. Petersen said they were bright red and he had a bottle of lotion with him and kept applying it on his hands

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...d-provide-answers/n8xTFRQLOkKihW2iYi34wA.cspx

WOW! I love technology! Time to use the cellphone to pin point JP's movements. good.

Please lord, why in the world would SP write that note that if she came up dead it wouldnt be suicide??!?! really???? That is frustrating. If you feel your husband is even capable of killing you why would you stay?? :waitasec:

Also, can someone tell me what is wind burn??? Never heard that before, but then again I dont live in a cold state and know any that have had it. What does it do? Is it that severe? Would JP have to be outside for a long period of time to get it?

Interesting view of this case! And this blogger caught onto how Jovanna's take on the marriage is different from Susan's other friends'.

<snip>

'Real' Reality TV-Josh Powell, You Can`t Ever Get Away!

There have been conflicting accounts about the nature of the Powell`s marriage. This conundrum emerged on Jane Velez-Mitchell`s show Issues last night. Jane interviewed Jovanna Owings for a second time, and Jovanna said things were going smoothly. Jovanna had shared a dinner of pancakes (cooked by Josh) on the crucial night of December 6th. She says they had pleasant conversation and that Josh was compassionate towards Susan.

In contrast, Rachel Marini, a close friend of Susan, has painted a very different portrait. Rachel told MSNBC that things began to deteriorate when the Powells moved from Washington to Utah. The Powells were having massive financial problems, racking up $200,000 in debt from credit cards, student loans and furniture purchases.

I believe that Josh will harden up, under the tutelage of his father, Steven Powell. I don`t think he`ll break down. He`s a sociopath. I could tell that from the `navy blue cap` interview. He says in that brief interview (on December 10th-a correction) that "she`s somewhere." Like I know where she is, and you won`t ever know, stupid!

Every excruciating detail of this case will be played out on a public platform. That platform is the internet. This is `Real` Reality TV. Everything else pales in comparison. Josh, you just can`t get away from the media. For how long? That`s for the remainder of your living days!

more here

http://thesop.org/opinion/2009/12/23/real-reality-tvjosh-powell-you-cant-ever-get-away

E-mails from Susan Powell told of marriage struggles
Friends of Susan Powell turn over correspondence from 2008 to W.V. police

Published: Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 10:52 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY &#8212; E-mails sent last year by Susan Powell to friends told of marriage struggles between her and her husband to the point that she seemed to be in fear of him.

Several of her friends, who wished to remain anonymous, confirmed to the Deseret News that they had turned over to police e-mails that she sent them in June and July of 2008, the point when all friends agreed the Powells' marriage was at its worst.

One friend confirmed that in one of the e-mails, Susan Powell said she was afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys, divorce her or worse.

The friend said Susan Powell had talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.

"She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.

"I didn't really know the context in which she was talking. I didn't even know what to say to that."

The friend said that was the only time Susan Powell brought up that topic

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-Susan-Powell-told-of-marriage-struggles.html

wind&#8901;burn&#8194;&#8194;/&#712;w&#618;nd&#716;b&#604;rn/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [wind-burn] Show IPA

–noun an inflammation of the skin, esp. that of the face and hands, caused by overexposure to the wind.

wind·burn (w&#301;nd'bûrn')
n. An irritation or chafing of the skin caused by long exposure to the wind.
wind'burned' adj.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/windburn

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I told ya'll there was something up with Jovanna :loser: She was waay to quick to defend JP and assist him in his hour of need. What about poor Susan? Jovanna was suppose to be more of her friend, right? I'm not saying that she should have thrown JP under the bus, but at least act like you are concerned for Susan. :furious: She does come across as a bit strange.

She's got a thing for him.

WOW! I love technology! Time to use the cellphone to pin point JP's movements. good.

Please lord, why in the world would SP write that note that if she came up dead it wouldnt be suicide??!?! really???? That is frustrating. If you feel your husband is even capable of killing you why would you stay?? :waitasec:

Also, can someone tell me what is wind burn??? Never heard that before, but then again I dont live in a cold state and know any that have had it. What does it do? Is it that severe? Would JP have to be outside for a long period of time to get it?

I've had windburn on my face & it hurts! It just happened to be a cold dry day & the wind was blowing hard -- it only took about 10 minutes w/the wind blowing in my face....it hurts like a sunburn -- ouch!! And it wasn't that severe yet it hurt like the dickens.

That's one reason I'm still struggling w/ Josh's face not looking as bad as his hands....he was either wearing protection for his face (like a balaclava) or his hands aren't actually windburned.

"Despite its name, windburn is actually a skin irritation. But it looks like a burn, because your skin appears red and slightly swollen on some exposed areas of your body. "Wind causes the loss of the oil layer on your skin," explains Norman Levine, M.D., chief of dermatology at the University, of Arizona College of Medicine Health Sciences Center in Tucson. "And when your skin dries out excessively, you get an irritation that looks and feels like a real burn. To reverse the effect of windburn, you need to add that oil layer back to your skin."

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/48/228.cfm

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Investigation/Burning-Evidence/18$33683

If a murderer is meticulous and smashes the pieces of bone that do not burn, then there will be little chance of developing information about how the victim died. However, most murders are impulsive, and after one or two attempts to burn the body, the perpetrator will probably give up and simply bury the remains. In this case, the forensic anthropologist, upon examining the remains, may be able to determine certain things about what happened to the victim before the fire.

the link is to some info on the burning of bodies. it seems that a simple wood fire would only reach 800c -900c as opposed to an incinerator at 1100c - 1500c. he probably couldnt have burned her up unless he had some way to create the heat that would be required...but like you mentioned, maybe he used the generator for a cutting tool, so if the pieces were small enough maybe the heat wouldnt need to be as high?

Yep.

As a long time campfire expert and owner of two young campfire pyromaniacs, I can say it would be extremely difficult (impossible) to fully burn a body (even close) to ash in a campfire.

On the other hand, there are "gazillions" of places to dump, hide, or bury a body in Utah.

I choose the latter.

All he could talk about was buying a cell phone and new clothes.
and NOT his missing wife of 8 years!

This is pretty much a recap, has a video of profiler Pat Brown talking about Josh, but you should read the comment left by: sean56v December 23, 2009 9:39 AM EST in the comment section...Things that make you go hmmmm I wonder who that person is:

************************************************************************************

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/23/earlyshow/main6013505.shtml

I don't think he burnt her body either, he would need wood, gasoline etc.
It would take to long and someone might see the smoke.
I think he just dumped her somewhere in the wilderness away from people.
He is hoping that there will be nothing left if he buys time due to the wild life in the area.
Poor Susan what she endured just to live daily with him!

This is pretty much a recap, has a video of profiler Pat Brown talking about Josh, but you should read the comment left by: sean56v December 23, 2009 9:39 AM EST in the comment section...Things that make you go hmmmm I wonder who that person is:

************************************************************************************

WOW, if this is true, someone BEST come through for Susan!!!
Maybe that is when dad bought her a phone of her own!
I hop someone has a photo etc!!!
Pray everyone starts telling the TRUTH about Josh!!!
IMO, Susan was so abused ...............

Possibly someone making the rounds on the comment boards this morning. A comment on a different story from re: Skippy 8:28am Dec. 23 has an interesting observation of Joshy's dad.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705353538/Mystery-haunts-Susan-Powells-friend.html

When are people going to learn that pre-paid phones can be traced now? :loser: It's only a matter of time before he starts slipping up.. He'll hang himself soon enough!

Couple of points. ANY phone can be traced when ON. The trick about pre-paid cell phone is you do not know who they belong too - unless paid for by credit card. If you buy the phone with cash there is NO way to associate a phone with a person, even though the phone can be traced.

Wind burn versus frostbite: Wind burn affects more sensitive skin than hand skin. Thus, hands rarely are wind burnt. Frostbite can be quick on bare hands. For example, after 20 minutes bare hands in the snow will start damage. As for JP, I'll go with frostbite hands.

A couple things:

The thing that makes the most sense to me, considering the area, is a deserted mine shaft. They are all over - there are literally thousands of them here. If he had done some exploring on his camping expeditions, and he had been planning something for awhile, I would think he would have been able to find a place that would be an almost perfect hiding place.

snipped and BBM

So your comment totally made me think of geocaching. For those that don't know geocaching is is an outdoor activity in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers anywhere in the world. If Josh was known to go camping frequently and in such remote locations, I would think he would have a handheld GPS or at least one in his car. If he had been planning this for a while there is a good possibility he could have searched out places to dump her body. Is it possible that Josh had a GPS that he saved certain campsites or places he has explored into?

I realize this may seem a bit out there, but there are groups of "geocachers" that have Murdery Mystery Events. THe first time I heard of this I thought oh know some sick serial killer is gonna use this as their calling card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member