UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they possibly be operating under keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Maybe they think he will confess or slip up if his guard is down around them.

It is a religious, don't judge, benefit of the doubt, kind of a crowd too?

(bbm) If *I* ever come up missing under these circumstances (and someone tells a Big Fat One like JP) by all means, please be "judgmental."
:angel:

:parrot:

Be patient with LE. Last fall, 5 members of a family in a small Illinois town were brutally slain and a 3-year old girl left barely clinging to life in their own home (all bludgeoned, very violent, lots of physical evidence). With local LE and the FBI involved (to profile and/or rule out serial killer/mass murderer situation), I believe it still took about a month before we saw the arrests/arraignments of the two family members and two additional accomplices. While on-line posters were bashing LE for taking so long and not releasing more details, LE was going through tons of evidence...getting their ducks in a row...and then secretly meeting with a grand jury. Hopefully that will happen here, too, but it will likely take longer due to the lack of a body and a lesser volume of other physical evidence.

Agreed. And don't forget, as states have lost revenue due to the economy so have local counties and agencies. State and local agencies were already strained to the max before the downturn. It's only compounded now, understaffed and underfunded. Patience here is a good word.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Dom.

If he intended to take the kids for the disposal of the body all along, then he truly is one of the biggest risk takers I've ever seen.

Unless he was sure she was dead. What if transitioning the kids from their beds to the car was enough of a jolt to keep the older one up? Turn around, glance in the back seat....I shudder at the thought. He would have had to kill his sons, too if that were the case.

Seems like he could have eased his sons' minds...they are so innocent at that age, they will believe anything. I just hope that later, in a different environment and away from JP, the 4-year old sang like a bird...

I think it must be very hard for Kiirsi to help him pack, regardless of whether or not she thinks he is guilty. She would be helping pack (or go through, at least) her missing best friend's things. Maybe she is hoping that she will come across something that will shed light on the situation and doesn't want to leave Josh to do it alone in case there is some evidence that he could otherwise hide if he was packing alone. JMO

Totally O/T

Note to Self: Remove keywords from my Google bar before I hand the computer over to hubby. I just about left it up with "can a spouse sell house when other on deed is missing" in the search field! Can you imagine what you'd think if you saw that?? LOL poor DH :)
I

Lol! I know; I go some pretty weird places.

I am a little surprised to see how quick a lot of you are to assume the worst of Kiirsi just because she stated that she would help Josh pack if he needed help. Did any of you think that maybe she has another motive?

Have you ever heard the saying, keep your friends close, your enemies closer? That is the whole line of thinking here. I myself wouldn't actually mind going over there if he needs the help. I would really like to get up close and personal and see what he says and does, how he acts, what he is planning to do with all of Susans belongings. See if he throws them away or keeps them. I want to see if he slips up and lets his guard down. I know that is what she wants to see also.

She has not actually talked to him or seen him since he got back yesterday, but just merely stated that she would help if he needed it. He asked the men in the ward for help moving the big things on Saturday. I just talked to her on the phone and told her that if she talked to him to let him know that I will help also. What better way to get close to him and see what he does or says or how he acts?

This is the one chance any of us have to get close to him and see if anything comes out. When he goes back to WA, he will be behind the protection of Daddy's doors and gated community. We won't be able to see him after this. I would think this tactic would make sense to all of you.

It was very interesting and telling to see him and see how he acted the night of the first vigil. I spent a couple of hours in the same house with him and it was very interesting to observe him and the boys and what he said or didn't say. This would be another opportunity like that. Once he gets out of UT, that will be it until the police finally get an arrest warrant and go after him. Who knows when that will be? If we can see something out of place or if he says too much, then maybe that will help us find her faster.

Who knows if he will even agree to any of us helping him pack...but if he does, I for one would like to be there as well as Kiirsi.

Doesn't this logic make sense? It sure does to me.

Just to quickly add...a bunch of people, mainly Susans female friends, were very worried that he was just going to throw all of her things away. We don't want him to do that. If that is his plan, it will be very telling. Also if it is his plan to throw away her things, then we want to prevent him from doing that and hold on to them for her if she is still alive, or if she is not still alive then we can give them to people who love her so they aren't just thrown in the trash.

It does to me too Okand3js. I think she has shown that she is a dear, committed friend to Susan. She is working tirelessly to help find her. Just her mere presence in that house may cause some sort of reaction in josh, even, perhaps, some remorse. he knows how close Kiirsi is with Susan.

Just to quickly add...a bunch of people, mainly Susans female friends, were very worried that he was just going to throw all of her things away. We don't want him to do that. If that is his plan, it will be very telling. Also if it is his plan to throw away her things, then we want to prevent him from doing that and hold on to them for her if she is still alive, or if she is not still alive then we can give them to people who love her so they aren't just thrown in the trash.

It would be telling. That's what happened in a few cases, such as the Trenton Duckett case. His mother dumped his toys, photos, etc.

If he does try to throw her things away, someone needs to "rescue" some items for her boys in case she doesn't come back alive. If Josh did kill her, they will be losing two parents and something of Susan's to hold on to could mean a lot to them.

If he does try to throw her things away, someone needs to "rescue" some items for her boys in case she doesn't come back alive. If Josh did kill her, they will be losing two parents and something of Susan's to hold on to could mean a lot to them.

Exactly. Saving her things is important.

I can do without friends like Kiirsi. It does not look good for her to help Josh. I feel like she is turning her back to Susan. She must have stronger ties with Josh. IMO

No. this is wrong.

Wouldn't you do ANYTHING to help find your best friend? I would and that would included keeping my relationship with her husband on good terms.

I just scanned this thread and I think someone mentioned about watching to make sure Josh doesn't throw Susan's stuff away. That is the type of thing I am talking about.

Look, I do not know Kiirsi. but I do feel it is deeply unfair the characterizations I am seeing about her here only because I know how hard it is to work with the media under pressure.

Let me ask you something, if Kiirsi really was doing something with a bad hidden agenda don't you think Susan's family would say something? I have yet to hear them say a bad word about Susan's best friend. Hey, they are letting her run all the media.

If there was on iota of truth to any of the negative things you are saying don't you think Susan's father at the very least, would remove her from what she has been doing? Of course he would.

I am thrilled she is helping him pack. Thrilled because maybe he will slip up and say something he should not.

What is the saying, keep your friends close but your enemies closer? I don't know if this is Kiirsi's plan but I know it would be my plan with my best friend.

The only thing harder than losing your best friend like this would be working your behind off to help find her and have people you don't know accuse you of all kinds of things when in reality, you are doing what is best for your friend.

Please, think about this before you accuse Kiirse of anything else. I am told she is broken hearted over this situation. Susan's family still has faith and so do Susan's other friends. If not, she would have been removed at the very least.

Thank you,
Tricia

Exactly. Saving her things is important.

OKand3Js, the family has had absolutely no contact with Josh about what to do with her things?

I have no problem giving a break to Kiirsi or anyone else seeking a resolution. Logic may be in black and white, indicating someone might be helping or hurting, but throw in some emotions and it creates quite a cocktail.

You know, I don't want to say too much in case josh's "team" of advisors reads here, but think about the tactics used by LE when trying to catch a guy like josh. I mean, think about those tactics when thinking about Kiirsi. I think she is above board.

No. this is wrong.

Wouldn't you do ANYTHING to help find your best friend? I would and that would included keeping my relationship with her husband on good terms.

Let me ask you something, if Kiirsi really was doing something with a bad hidden agenda don't you think Susan's family would say something? I have yet to hear them say a bad word about Susan's best friend. Hey, they are letting her run all the media.

If there was on iota of truth to any of the negative things you are saying don't you think Susan's father at the very least, would remove her from what she has been doing? Of course he would.

(Respectfully snipped for space)

Exactly! Thanks for those great thoughts and comments Tricia. I would be doing the same thing. I would want to remain on good terms with my best friends husband at all costs. It would be hard but so necessary and possibly very worth it in the end.

Also, that is a very good point about the Cox family and never removing Kiirsi from doing what she has been doing. They trust her and know she is doing good. You are right that if she was a fake they would not have allowed her to do any of this. I think we should trust their judgement of her the most. They know she is real and not doing anything to hurt the investigation.

If you won't take my personal word for it, as I know her very well, then please look at Susans family. They have no problems with anything she is doing and are extremely grateful for her efforts and actions regarding all of this.

OKand3Js, the family has had absolutely no contact with Josh about what to do with her things?

I have no problem giving a break to Kiirsi or anyone else seeking a resolution. Logic may be in black and white, indicating someone might be helping or hurting, but throw in some emotions and it creates quite a cocktail.

I honestly don't know if they have contacted Josh about her things. I hope they do soon if they have not yet.

You know, I don't want to say too much in case josh's "team" of advisors reads here, but think about the tactics used by LE when trying to catch a guy like josh. I mean, think about those tactics when thinking about Kiirsi. I think she is above board.

I think she is above board, too. It sounds like she may be one of the last tenuous links to JP that Susan's family has.

I think about my best friend. I would want her right in there doing whatever she could, in any way she thought best. AND, I would want her to get as close to the POI as possible - however. That would take considerable courage, restraint, and fortitude. AND, I would count on her to help authorities in every way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee